Beeman Tempest .177 cal. Reviews

Beeman Tempest .177 cal. - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Beeman Tempest .177 cal.

Beeman Tempest .177 cal.
Beeman Tempest .177 cal.

“Great gun, and very solid and compact”

Written on: 14/08/2012 by Chevota (3 reviews written)

I've had several other air pistols and this one is hands down my favorite! I've had one since the late '80's, and just bought a second one. They're the best all-around pellet pistol there is, it has good power, is quiet, accurate, and it's really small! I can put it in my pants pocket with the grip hanging out, in my jacket pocket, or in my tackle box when I go fishing, try that with a typical spring gun which are usually another 5 or so inches long. This gun has good looks, easy to cock/load… Read Full Review

“Best little pellet pistol around. I have hunted more...”

Written on: 19/07/2010

Best little pellet pistol around. I have hunted more rabbits and varmints with this gun than any other. Reliable and accurate!!… Read Full Review

“The Beeman Tempest is good quality, durable, excellent...”

Written on: 25/02/2009 by loanplanman (1 review written)

The Beeman Tempest is good quality, durable, excellent muzzle velocity for this type of air pistol. A little much to pump for those of the female gender and a bit of what I would call recoil from the shot. Quality item, well made and durable. Even being in storage for over 15 years, simple mantainince, minor lube and away you go… Read Full Review

“Beeman / Webley Tempest air pistols rank consistently...”

Written on: 20/11/2008

Beeman / Webley Tempest air pistols rank consistently among the best sellers year after year. It is easy to understand why considering these air guns pack some of the highest velocities available in an air pistol in one of the most compact frames on the market.

To make these air guns as light as possible without sacrificing any strength or durability, the frame is made out of a high tensile aircraft aluminum. The Beeman Tempest is coated externally with a black epoxy finish that accents its… Read Full Review

Canakkale's Comment

Written on: 23/09/2009

I found this review somewhat helpful because...there was no comment about the pullof the trigger wwich I have found s sometimes exceptionally heavy.

“I was very fortunate to find a brand new Tempest made...”

Written on: 19/11/2008 by coldwarvet202 (5 reviews written)

I was very fortunate to find a brand new Tempest made in England in the 1960s, still with all its original papers, in .177 caliber. I could not believe the way it felt in my hand. The only other gun that ever felt that good was a Model 52 Smith & Wesson pistol which I put thousands of .38 Specials through in bullseye shooting over the years. I have been around handguns all my life and have over 50 years of experience with them, including air pistols. My 15 seconds of fame was when I won the… Read Full Review

“The Webley Tempest came from an old line of overlever...”

Written on: 04/09/2008 by cole5169 (19 reviews written)

The Webley Tempest came from an old line of overlever spring-piston pistols, like the Senior and Junior. Functionally, little changed, but styling was upgraded for the Tempest.

Essentially, what you've got is a large diameter, short-stroke piston and compression chamber sitting underneath a short rifled barrel. Interestingly, the piston recoils "backwards", toward your hand, which takes a little getting used to, even if you have fired spring piston guns before.

In .177, the Tempest generates… Read Full Review

“Great for target practice at under 100 feet”

Written on: 10/04/2008

Great for target practice at under 100 feet… Read Full Review

“What a great little pistol! I've had mine since 1982...”

Written on: 15/01/2008 by Marlon James (9 reviews written)

What a great little pistol! I've had mine since 1982 and it has held up well.
It is about the size of a Colt 1911 type pistol. In this little package is a lot of fun. The grips are anatomically the right size for any hand, pointing and shooting is natural and fast. Beeman sells aftermarket wooden grips that are more filling for those with larger hands. I use both, it just depends on preference. When I want to have a serious shooting session I use the stock grips, when I want to plink and show… Read Full Review

“My friend has one of these and he has the...”

Written on: 17/06/2007 by HunterColeman89 (3 reviews written)

My friend has one of these and he has the inter-changable barrels with it. He has both the .22 and .177 barrels for it, I preferred it in .177 simply because you get more of a 'wack' on a target, and the speed of the pellet is brilliant. Both barrels where very simple to remove and change. Easy to load. Great little pistol overall, it's accurate and powerful. A good side-arm for sporting with air-rifles. I enjoyed every minute of the time I had it… Read Full Review

“Oh boy, you're going to say. Here's another blow hard...”

Written on: 05/05/2007 by Jim Leonard (1 review written)

Oh boy, you're going to say. Here's another blow hard bragging about his marksmanship. Well, so be it, but I can back up what I say, and have done it to the amazement of those so inclined to see me do it.

My Dad was a Missouri farm boy and helped feed the family with his single shot 22 rifle, and later when married to Mom. He fed the family in Paxton Nebraska home with ducks, geese and rabbits. Dad instilled marksmanship in me, and I shot amateur competition off and on, and I loved to take… Read Full Review

“After twenty years I decided to purchase the Beeman...”

Written on: 09/11/2005 by Vulcanator (13 reviews written)

After twenty years I decided to purchase the Beeman Tempest to compliment the Webley Vulcan rifle I have had since I was a teenager. I used to own a .22 version many moons ago, and shooting my .177 version in the back garden brings back memories.

It seems they have widened the trigger shoe to improve the quality of the trigger pull, but as mentioned in my bad points, left handed shooters have not been catered to. I have addressed this with the purchase of the Beeman wooden combat grips. They… Read Full Review

“My version of theBeeman Tempest .177 cal. is the...”

Written on: 03/07/2005 by easilyled (13 reviews written)

My version of theBeeman Tempest .177 cal. is the Webley (UK) one. It originally had a .22 barrel but I stripped it to polish up the trigger sears and changed to barrel for .177 at the same time. It is a lovely little pistol. The looks are a little on the "whacky" side if you are used to imitation firearms but it has a timeless appeal all of its own never-the-less. Out of the box the trigger is a disgrace. Don't expect it to get much better with use either judging by the state of the sears from… Read Full Review

Written on: 19/02/2006

I'm sorry i dont understand. how was the trigger a disgrace??

Written on: 23/02/2006

.....and the other thing I should probably mention, while my pistol was secondhand it had never been fired. I am sure after a couple of tins of pellets things would improve of their own accord as the trigger mech wore-in a bit. With hindsight the word "disgrace" maybe a bit unfair, I guess I was a bit annoyed that while they were assembling the gun Webley hadnt spent the 2 minutes it needed to just improve things.

Written on: 22/02/2006

cool!

Written on: 22/02/2006

HI, lets put it in perspective, you probably wouldn't even notice the trigger was "rough" unless someone told you about it. The fact is us gun-nuts always like to improve things with our guns. Also we tend to acquire more expensive guns as time goes by and their quality improves so we notice "hey, this trigger on this £1000 rifle is really smooth compared to that £100 pistol". I wonder why!!! So, like we do it gets taken apart, sorted out, put back together and hey presto, vast improvement for a little bit of work. Dont worry about it, its a cracking little pistol.

Written on: 21/02/2006

is this with all products of this gun, or was it just that one. Because from what i've seen, there's always something you need to oil or smooth or fix with new guns. and frankly i cant even take apart an airsoft without breaking it/not remembering where bits go/cutting of appendages. How will i handle an air pistol?!!?!?!!?!? argh!

Written on: 20/02/2006

Right. Trigger sears. The trigger pull was rough. You had to pull quite hard to get over the rough spots on the sears themselves. As the trigger "catches" on the rough spot then frees itself the aim jumps all over the place. Fortunately it is a fairly easy job to get the sears onto the bench, take off the high spots (you dont alter the profile or remove any metal except the high spots) polish up the surfaces, lubricate and reassemble. You shouldnt lighten the trigger pull, that only makes the gun unsafe. When it is all reassembled the pull will be smooth which will help maintain aim and thus improve the accuracy. My assessment of the trigger as a "disgrace" is nothing to do with the design just the quality of the finish on the actual bits of metal that rub together and make up the mechanism. Just dont lighten the pull, it will make it unsafe. Any other probs just ask.

“I now own my second Beeman Tempest and plan to acquire...”

Written on: 04/08/2004 by straightshooter65 (3 reviews written)

I now own my second Beeman Tempest and plan to acquire the .22 version as soon as my wallet will allow. I owned my first Tempest for almost 15 years before it was lost during a move. Keep in mind, 15 years ago, you either "pumped" your brains out or bought your guns worth in C02 cylinders $$$. When I stumbled upon an air pistol that could produce 400 - 500 fps with one action and no C02, I was very impressed! I took that Tempest to hell and back, it remained fully functional, powerful and… Read Full Review

“The Beeman Tempest .177 cal. is a very compact and...”

Written on: 03/04/2004 by blade115 (1 review written)

The Beeman Tempest .177 cal. is a very compact and sturdy pistol with very little plastic parts and is very capable of doing a lot, including but not limited to shooting tin cans to getting rid of pests like mice and rats around the house. You can expect to put all the pellets in an inch group from center to center at ten meters, but if your looking for something better, you might want to look else where. This pistol is very rugged, and can tolerate some dirt and still be operational, it also… Read Full Review

“Beeman Tempest .177 cal.: The British really know how...”

Written on: 23/02/2004 by holyokster (11 reviews written)

Beeman Tempest .177 cal.: The British really know how to build an air pistol. Fit and finish is flawless. Heavy like a cartridge pistol and a sight that picture that my tired older eyes can easily pick up. Not a pure target pistol but accurate enough to give high buck pistols a run for their money. I plan on getting a .22 cal next month to keep my .177 company. I am going to give RB Grips a call (see their website) and see if they can make grips for the Webly… Read Full Review

“There is only one other thing to tell you about, this...”

Written on: 29/11/2003 by MarcMan (1 review written)

There is only one other thing to tell you about, this pistol is NOT built to shoot darts. There is rifling inside of the barrel which will be damaged if your blasting darts which are not designed to travel through the delicate rifling. Big deal, you don't need to shoot a puny dart anyway with this monster. If you are looking to do a little pest hunting like rats, mice etc., just get the pointed pellets. This gun may also be easily mistaken by the normal eye as "A REAL GUN". Don't bust this baby… Read Full Review

Twitch's Response to MarcMan's Review

Written on: 20/02/2006

'If your fingers should happen to be in the path of the barrel, the barrel will win the battle signifigantly'

hahahahaha well said!!

“The Beeman Tempest .177 cal.is a air pistol just to...”

Written on: 04/10/2003 by hunter9 (8 reviews written)

The Beeman Tempest .177 cal.is a air pistol just to target shoot with… Read Full Review

N19Manz's Response to hunter9's Review

Written on: 30/12/2003

it wasnt too helpful i want to get a tempest and iv heard all good things about its superb acresy