Maison Bleue, Edinburgh Reviews

• Quality of food

Maison Bleue, Edinburgh - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Maison Bleue, Edinburgh

Maison Bleue, Edinburgh

“I have been here twice, the first time for dinner with...”

Written on: 10/02/2008 by curehalo (1 review written)

I have been here twice, the first time for dinner with a friend. We sat on the second floor during a busy dinner session and had great service, good food. I had only one course, risotto, and we shared a bottle of wine. We had a nice time and I had no complaints.

I returned just this week on a whim; my friend and I were shopping in the grassmarket and saw that they had a lunch special. We went a bit late, not having watches on, so in the server's defense, we were probably horrible to be there… Read Full Review

“Great value. Lovely food. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. The...”

Written on: 04/01/2008 by jennyq7 (1 review written)

Great value. Lovely food. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. The lunch menu produced well thought out, flavoursome, steaming hot food. Well done. I would be proud if i owned this restaurant… Read Full Review

“Four of us ate for less than £100 including drinks. Go...”

Written on: 28/03/2007 by mikemd (1 review written)

Four of us ate for less than £100 including drinks. Go there: I certainly shall when in Edinburgh again !… Read Full Review

“I had a wonderful meal at Maison Bleue at the weekend....”

Written on: 26/09/2005 by Tori16 (2 reviews written)

I had a wonderful meal at Maison Bleue at the weekend. I have eaten here several times and always book a table if I know I'm going to be in Edinburgh for the night. We had a very polite and helpful waiter who explained the menu to us, we each had a fantastic three course meal and were very pleasantly surprised with the bill at the end of the night. The only negative would be a very rude blonde waitress who practically dropped our plates onto the table (they were quite hot), causing the… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“My girlfriend and I read positive reviews of Maison...”

Written on: 13/09/2004 by DougNolan (1 review written)

My girlfriend and I read positive reviews of Maison Bleue Restaurant, and so we booked a table for dinner. This turned out to be a mistake, and we would advise that you read this review then decide whether you'd like to be treated as we were.

We bought a bottle of wine and a two-course meal each. At the end of the meal, my partner made it known to our waitress that her food had not really been up to the standard she had expected. Both of our courses had been lukewarm at best, but my partner's… Read Full Review

Richardwb's Response to DougNolan's Review

Written on: 12/08/2008

I found this review helpful because it spelled out clearly what the problem was, in particular lousy customer service.