Bushnell Elite 3200 3-9x40 Firefly Reticle Riflescope Reviews

Media Gallery for Bushnell Elite 3200 3-9x40 Firefly Reticle Riflescope

Bushnell Elite 3200 3-9x40 Firefly Reticle Riflescope
Bushnell Elite 3200 3-9x40 Firefly Reticle Riflescope

“As far as value riflescopes are concerned, I consider...”

Written on: 11/03/2010

As far as value riflescopes are concerned, I consider Bushnell Elite 3200 Rifle Scopes to be one of the best lineups of great riflescopes on the market. Bushnell continues to innovate and improve their riflescopes offering year after year. Whether you are considering your first riflescope purchase, or simply want to add to your bag of great optics - you can not go wrong with Bushnell Elite 3200 Rifle Scopes. There are quite a few sites that are offering good deals these days, but one of my… Read Full Review

“I received my Elite 3200 with firefly reticle a couple...”

Written on: 04/10/2003 by PJAG (4 reviews written)

I received my Elite 3200 with firefly reticle a couple of days ago and today I've started to zero in.
For me, this reticle was one of the main reasons for purchasing this scope: no batteries and battery charging equipment are needed, no worrying about battery drain, no extra weight, etc. The only thing you need to do is charge the reticle 1-2 minutes with the little 3.7 inch Bushnell flashlight that comes with the scope. When you are at home you can charge the reticle with every light source… Read Full Review

Edededededed's Response to PJAG's Review

Written on: 30/11/2003

your review was very helpful, thankyou. Would you be able to tell me what the 'firefly recticle' is? Also what is the difference between that and a normal recticle?

Je9919's Response to PJAG's Review

Written on: 08/02/2004

Your review has also helped me decide to but this scope. When I was first reading it, I noticed that you had it mounted on an airgun. I was thinking it was for high powered rifles, but I was doubting it now. Then I saw your second post where you mentioned that it wasnt really an airgun scope. I think this scope will be perfect for my 7mm Mag.

Drewmanson's Response to PJAG's Review

Written on: 14/01/2004

I thank you for doing this review it has helped me decide on what scope I am going to buy.

Pjag's Response to PJAG's Review

Written on: 01/12/2003

The firefly reticle is an illuminated reticle, but without a battery source; like luminous figures on a watch.
<br>A normal reticle is black, so at dusk and dawn it disappears against the dark background. Then a luminous (or illuminated) reticle is useful.
<br>However, the scopes with this firefly reticle have a 3-9x40 power range, and thus are set parallax free at 50 yards. This means there is no adjustable objective, so you can't 'focus' properly within 50 yards.
<br>The 3-9x40 range is frequently used with long range shooting because then the parallax-problem doesn't occur.
<br>It's not a real airgun scope as you see.
<br>Take a look at www.bushnell.com for a more 'professional' explanation of these terms.