Vauxhall Zafira 1.8 Club Reviews

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

Vauxhall Zafira 1.8 Club - Ask a question now

“Vauxhall Zafira 1.8 Club 53 reg”

Written on: 09/08/2012

bad points a pillers restrick the viue to your right could do with a power outlet in the rear We picked up this car to replace out ford galaxy 1.9 tdi as it was hard to see the frount when parking. the zafira its a good car to drive and is verry nippy. Holds the road well firm ride and easey to opperate. build qulety is verry good as expected from vauxhall. with all its safty kit a verry good familey car . It's very good on the moterway crusing and easy to move around the city. loads… Read Full Review

“A Great car, no problems during the 16 months of...”

Written on: 16/03/2011

A Great car, no problems during the 16 months of ownership Fuel consumpsion not brill ( approx 30 mpg )around town, Plus high road tax bracket ( band j )But other than that the car is fun to drive, we got the car due to my wife having back problems and needing a car that is high up, just Wish we had gone for a diesel looking back… Read Full Review

“Good mileage per gallon,comfortable, plenty of room....”

Written on: 08/07/2010

Good mileage per gallon,comfortable, plenty of room. just about to trade in 1.8 Life for 2008 1.8 Club. We have two in the family sense of security being a little higher than other cars. Yes there is a problem with view from right, but so many cars have that problem anyway… Read Full Review

“One of the most dangerous cars I have driven for a...”

Written on: 25/12/2008

One of the most dangerous cars I have driven for a long time due to the biggest "A "pillars making visibility to traffic from the right "especially roundabouts" almost non-existent. It is not worth commenting on the rest of the car as three weeks driving it as a rental still did not negate this horrible aspect… Read Full Review

Eleanorknows's Comment

Written on: 23/06/2013

I had a zafira on a lease for three years so couldn't get rid of it. The mentioned above is extremely serious. Before I identified the problem I nearly killed myself and my child several times when pulling out onto a roundabout. Each time time the blind spot meant that I couldn't see cars already on the roundabout and so they would screech to a halt within inches of the drivers side of the car.

Even with increased vigilance it still happened occasionally - it was so bad that I always refused to carry passengers in drivers side. I have since heard from many people of the same problem which seems to vary according to seat height and position.

I feel that this is so dangerous that the car should have been taken off the roads and modified - eventually Vauxhall did put a glass window into the front pillar but that was long after I'd got rid of mine.

Incidentally, when I refused to buy another zafira on the grounds of this danger the salesman told me the problem was well know in the trade. I wonder how many accidents and deaths were caused by this appalling fault.

“All round great car fun to drive fun to do the seats...”

Written on: 07/09/2008

All round great car fun to drive fun to do the seats the first time without the manual but the kids did it no trouble. Very good value for money, great fun to drive… Read Full Review

“Overall, the vehicle drives like a dream. You feel...”

Written on: 17/07/2008 by sfkeegan1 (1 review written)

Overall, the vehicle drives like a dream. You feel like you could drive for hours. All round good visibility, good handling in all conditions of weather. A pleasure to drive… Read Full Review

“Had the Vauxhall Zafira 1.8 Club People Carrier for...”

Written on: 30/11/2004 by Rusty67 (3 reviews written)

Had the Vauxhall Zafira 1.8 Club People Carrier for just over 12 months and i'm still just as pleased with the car now as we were when we bought it.

Very Practical and ideal if you have a family and pushchairs etc.

To date the vehicle has been very reliable with no problems experienced. Interior build quality is very good but a little bland.

When we took the Zafira to Cornwall earlier in the year with 7 of us it was a joy to drive. Despite being fully loaded it still handled those famous… Read Full Review

“This is the first Zafira we have had. We chose the...”

Written on: 10/09/2004 by Frogmarch (1 review written)

This is the first Zafira we have had. We chose the Vauxhall Zafira 1.8 Club because we wanted the option of the extra seats and because the rear passengers have loads of legroom. My wife also wanted a high seating position.
The car has not only met our expectations in these areas but has also proved to be an extremely good car to drive. I have never driven a more comfortable car on a long journey, there is loads of space inside, the visibility is great, you feel safe, the car is very… Read Full Review