Honda ANF125 Innova Reviews

Honda ANF125 Innova - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Honda ANF125 Innova

Honda ANF125 Innova
Honda ANF125 Innova

“Carb vs injection innova”

Written on: 15/06/2016 by Wuyang (1 review written)

Honda innova / anf125 Carb version..... ......got to fine tune choke when you start up...no big deal,but can be a pain in the butt sometimes. ......better finish than the injection model..chrome plating thicker etc ......better to belt through the gears and holds on to its revs better at higher speeds and up hills, needing to down change less. ......120mpg...and that's around a very hilly area. ...... poor standard front headlight bulb....can be upgraded I believe to halogen ...... Hard to… Read Full Review

“Need a Maintenance Manual”

Written on: 20/03/2016 by LexieShepherd73 (1 review written)

It's a great bike .... but does anyone know where an owner can get a copy of the ANF125 maintenance manual??… Read Full Review

Laverdabru1116's Comment

Written on: 29/04/2016

Haynes do one - can be bought from Halford for around £20, or online circa £15 new. It covers both the carb & FI models.

“honda innova anf-125”

Written on: 24/12/2015 by jon13120 (1 review written)

the best bike i have ever owned. my bike is a 2005 innova 125 carb and it is now on 69000 miles it was previously used for pizza delivery so it is not showroom condition but it always starts no mater what the weather also it will happily sit at 60mph and accelerates quickly enough for a 125. The bike is very easy to mantain i change the oil and chain myself with basic tools. the biggest problems with it are the dim headlight that is connected directly to the generator so when the bike slows… Read Full Review

“Fantastic Bike But...”

Written on: 19/08/2015 by Damaris429 (1 review written)

I can't give this bike five stars for the following reasons: 1. The small petrol tank is a pain. 80 miles before I got the flashing warning. Then, down to the petrol station again. I was there so often the staff knew me by name lol. 2. The amount of hassle it takes to change a headlight bulb (but that's typical of all plastic 'scooters'). 3. Other road user treat you like you're the lowest form of transport on the road. Criticism number three has nothing to do with the bike as such, but was… Read Full Review

Wuyang's Comment

Written on: 15/06/2016

Can't agree more about the bellends who tailgate....it's unbelievable the amount of hassle you get riding this motorbike yet it keeps up with traffic no problem.

Without fail every time I go out on mine I'll get a bellend trying to end my life and like you I'm no learner or slow rider,,,having owned most sales of bike in my life.

Never the less this and the Honda sh300 I've owned are the best two bikes I've owned. The way your body is positioned on the innova gives you much more comfort and space than any other bike I've owned inc BMW transalps etc.

“A bit different...”

Written on: 18/09/2014 by Laverdabru1116 (55 reviews written)

Apart from this, I have not ridden a bike under 900cc or 100bhp+ for many years. But 'needs must as the devil drives', to quote an old proverb. Using my ZX-9R Ninja for a 12 mile round commute was killing it. Oil was turning to Guinness in less than 1500 miles. & at £30 an oil change, & £20 for a weeks fuel, economies had to be made. Enter the Innova...the 2nd I'd seen an ad for. 2005, FSH, described as immaculate - & it was. Didn't even quibble, wanged down a £200 deposit as soon as I… Read Full Review

“A bit different...”

Written on: 18/09/2014 by Laverdabru1116 (55 reviews written)

Laverdabru1116's Response to Laverdabru1116's Review

Written on: 16/05/2015

Update from laverdabru. 8 months on, still impressed. Petrol is even less than I thought, £3.60 pw.
The leccy start has given up, probably just a loose wire, but taking off the bodywork to get to it is such a pain I haven't bothered.
Wish I'd bought one years ago -£17 road fund, £120mpg. Reckon it's paid for itself already.

“Little star”

Written on: 08/06/2014 by DestinyStanton499 (1 review written)

I bought mine six years ago for a knock-down bargain price. It still does 70mph in almost any conditions, apart from uphill into a wind, and 75-80mph on the flat in still conditions. Happily cruises at 65-70. Maybe I just got lucky, but I love my little Innova. Costs me £9/week for 220 miles of commuting… Read Full Review

“I like it but ran it without oil !!!!”

Written on: 15/04/2014 by AdelineAtkinson (1 review written)

Had a 2004 model and really liked it good sensible bike, however I ran it without oil at first the kick start used to spin round whilst in gear and riding I took it to the bike shop and they said they would have to look at it obviously I did not realise that the oil level was dangerously low the bike still turns over but ceases when gear engaged---good bike in all ways I`m such a fool!!! still have the bike and once realise what is wrong I am going to fix it the diagnosis is the hardest part… Read Full Review

“best bike ever”

Written on: 25/03/2014 by vasilissavva (1 review written)

I have Honda inova for 3 years now is fantastick bike is very reliable and the fuel consumption is very low i recoment this bike to everyone… Read Full Review

“First impressions after riding normal motorbikes....”

Written on: 30/01/2014 by bmw e30 (1 review written)

Ok. This is purely a review based on my test ride and after purchasing, the ride home so those of you like me who ride normal motorbikes can get an idea of what to expect. I have a Ducati Monster 600 and a Yamaha Fazer 600, the latter I am looking to sell and keep the Innova as my commuter bike to work etc. I test rode the 2003 Honda ANF 125 Innova late afternoon in a cold 4 degrees and wet rainy weather. Not ideal but I can't change the weather lol. Starting the bike on electric start or… Read Full Review

Bmw E30's Response to bmw e30's Review

Written on: 30/01/2014

Quick update, nervous handling above 20mph was down to the front tire having just 9psi, pumped up to 29psi it handles much better, in the dry this evening it felt fine. A quick top speed run, sitting upright it reached 65mpg, laying in a race crouch position increased the top speed to 73mph. I think a medium height screen and lower fairing leg protection will be on my list of things I'd like to get.
Also I find the foot gear lever a bit too low at the front by about half an inch. I'm going to cut and weld it at work to sort this.

Shug74's Response to bmw e30's Review

Written on: 10/03/2014

60 mph (65 on the clock) is about all you can expect - but good news is 120/130 mpg on carbed model and 140 mpg on efi. These are great little bikes - bullet proof, easy to maintain, cheap to run, and on decent rubber can eally be flung about. front brake on both of mine (bought a second so I will have one for years ahead) is good, so maybe worth servicing yours.

Bmw E30's reply to Shug74's Comment

Written on: 10/03/2014

Hi. Check out #125Innova on twitter. It's my up to date feed on my Innova and any mods I've done.

Bmw E30's Response to bmw e30's Review

Written on: 18/02/2014

Update

I've really grown to love the Innova. I'm getting 152mpg from daily commuting use and weekend use. Been 100% reliable despite finding the bike in generally below par condition when I stripped the bodywork off. Valve clearances were slightly tight on the inlet and too slack on the exhaust(should be 0.05mm +/-0.02 but was 0.03mm and 0.12 respectively). Now set both to 0.05mm. Easy to do if a little fiddly getting the feeler gauge in the top one(inlet).
I find tire grip very good despite the skinny tires. I can corner at speeds I do on my Fazer and Ducati Monster on my commutes in 30/40mph areas.
I limit myself to 55mph when cruising. It will do 60/65mph if need be but I'm riding more for economy. Cleaned the front caliper pistons(without popping them right out) and braking power was much better. Rear brake still very good.
I have 'cut and shut' the gear lever so its about 15mm higher at the front as wearing motorbike boots its a bit difficult to tilt my foot downwards far enough to shift up through the 'box as the boots are stiff. I wear all the same protective gear as I do when I ride my bigger bikes, and I find the hip protectors in my over trousers don't like to be contorted like they are when I sit on the Innova as your legs are much more bent up at the hips than when riding normal motorbikes.
Mirrors are better than a lot of bikes, a little elbow(30%?) but they are clear and do not vibrate or blur at any speed and give good visibility behind.
The storage space under the seat I use to carry 2 packs of tools, tire levers, a small bicycle pump, puncture repair inner tube patches, electrical tape, cable ties etc. i can also fit a 1.8m Oxford chain in there too for when i go into town and need to lock the bike up. In my Honda topbox that came fitted to the bike I keep my warmer gloves in and a helmet bag and cleaning cloth. I can fit my Shark medium size helmet in the top box when I go out.
The headlight on the carb models comes into criticism in reviews, and I agree it isn't great but its not bad. Ok up to 40mph on your own, it has an old design tungsten bulbous shape bulb as standard, 35/35w, I hear you can fit an HS1 35/35w halogen bulb to improve it but I haven't yet. I'm trying not to spend too much money on what is a cheap bike, so far I'm up to about £90 on top of the purchase price and that's about it for me. I've spent a lot of hours getting it up to a good standard and full serviced, so now i am just gonna enjoy riding it.
So far I'm up to nearly 200miles in total and I'm very happy. This is my
first small bike since riding normal bigger bikes and I'm loving it.

“Brilliant!”

Written on: 18/12/2013 by guildbass (1 review written)

The Honda Innova 125i is part of the Honda Wave family of underbone (step-through) type motorcycles and was designed by Honda of Thailand to better meet the needs of a 21st century population with access to fast, well surfaced roads. Previous models (the famous Honda Supercub series) were designed for less well developed countries so had light off-road capability, but were not designed to run at modern traffic speeds. The Wave series all feature a new design of long stroke engine which can… Read Full Review

Bmw E30's Response to guildbass's Review

Written on: 24/01/2014

Brilliant in depth review. Nice to read little things like the headlight improved on later models. Something many people fail to mention is the headlight.

Bmw E30's reply to Bmw E30's Comment

Written on: 30/01/2014

So i bought myself one yesterday! 2003 model with 23k on the clock and perfect running smooth, quiet engine. Initial test ride was interesting, raining hard, bike gets up to 40 easily, 50 ok but from then on up to 60 less so. Id guess your right on top speed being 65-ish. Very good rear brake, front weedy. I may tweak the gear pedal position raise it slightly up at the front, overall for £600 a brilliant commuter bike.

Guildbass's reply to Bmw E30's Comment

Written on: 31/08/2014

Because the carb bike relies on it's air filters to get the mixture correct, it is possible it may not quite get to the speeds the 'self correcting' fuel injection bike can.

I also moved my gear pedal up at the front one notch as my heel was touching the rear part and making the clutch slip!

Guildbass's Response to guildbass's Review

Written on: 31/08/2014

Sadly my Innova was stolen on New years Day, 2014 so a month passed before I replaced it with...Another 2010 injected Innova!. The 'new' one has the Honda (Givi) screen, carefully modified to prevent the cracking that caused them all to be recalled, and a Honda (Givi) top box.
Again, it has a 428 chain and sprockets kit fitted, but this time, a top-of-the-range 'X' ring DiD chain sits on the sprockets.
Oil used is Amsoil 0w-40 which is a genuine nbase 4 synthetic.
Rear suspension swapped for CBR 125 units which are, if truth be told, a tad hard, so I've just covered the originals with gaitors and they'll be going back on. With 21,000 miles on it, the Innova will often see 70 indicated which is around 64 mph true

Theaudaxkid's Response to guildbass's Review

Written on: 31/08/2014

A really informative review - thank you. I have commuted 10 miles a day for the last year on a carbed Innova. My MPG is 128 from my largely urban route. Another advantage of such a light bike is the ability to wheel it when this offers an advantage in traffic (if lights have just turned red, I wheel it and re-join the traffic - [left hand turn]). I paid £1000 for my bike a year ago with 1,400 miles on it. It has now done 3,000 miles. It has virtually paid for itself already. Insurance (through Swinton, and after their "cash back") was £40 for the year. This is because I am old and have a lot of NCB. Tax is £17. MOT £30. Parking is a doddle and free. I really cannot understand why the roads aren't full of Innovas!

“Rust bucket”

Written on: 30/08/2013

I bought my innova in January 2009,brand new from a dealer,as I Was starting the Knowledge of London (black taxi licence). After 6 months I thought my clutch had gone so took it back to the dealer and was told that something had gone in the engine and had to be repaired under the warranty.6 months later the exhaust rusted and fell off which I managed to replace myself.. Another 6 months later my left rear indicator rusted and fell off shortly followed by the right one.. A few weeks after that… Read Full Review

Kingdiamond's Comment

Written on: 16/10/2013

Mine only did 4000 miles,and the clutch is sometimes slipping in 3rd and 4th gear.I wonder what this is??What was that they had to repair on your one??

Guildbass's Comment

Written on: 06/12/2013

It's a user adjustable service point. You find the outer locking bolt on the right side of the engine, loosen it, then turn the inner screw bolt fully clockwise, then fully anti-clockwise, then 1/8 turn back clockwise. While holding the centre screw nut steady, re-tighten the outer locking bolt and your clutch is now adjusted.

The supplied user manual tells you how to do it ...

“easy to ride if you dont mind the 4 gear step thru”

Written on: 16/08/2013 by c90cg125 (12 reviews written)

I used mine regularly & is reliable just change the engine oil every 1000miles & do the chain adjustments when needed or will clatter inside the chain guard. Plenty for sale but be aware of ex pizza or delivery bikes as they are thrashed around & short on servicing. Parts are plentyful. Make sure the plastics on the body work are tight or will rattle. Capable of high milages but must be maintained properly. When buying second hand check it properly all over & if you aint sure walk away as… Read Full Review

Kingdiamond's Response to c90cg125's Review

Written on: 16/10/2013

I'm just curious,when changing gears i hear a quite loud click,some say there should be slight click,but not loud one and i'm doing something wrong??Could this damage gearbox??

“honda supra/innova/wave 100/125”

Written on: 04/05/2013 by bread-man (1 review written)

By far for me this is one of the most reliable and fun bike to ride on,I have one since highschool and it was with me all throughout college until now,all my friends had one so after riding round for a day I got used to it immediately, I liked it despite it's small engine,but honda should have just made a twin cam(DOHC) engine than of the single cam (sohc) for more power, but by far when it comes to braking and accelerating it's a joy, it is just so swift easy to use,after getting used to the… Read Full Review

“Mileage - can they last?”

Written on: 31/12/2012

I'm in Thailand and have a Honda 125i Wave - known as the Innova in the UK. The postmen here use the 110i versions. We also have an earlier model 100 cc Wave. These things last forever if you look after them. Our 100cc carby model has 50,000 kms in it and no problems. Our 125i model has about 25,000kms and no problems. Our postman has just got a new 110i issued to him after clocking 80,000 kms on his previous one (50,000 miles in the old money), with no problems and regular maintenance and oil… Read Full Review

“TWIST&GO”

Written on: 26/08/2012

I bought it last year i've had bigger bikes in the past,the reason I got it was simple..££££ cheap to run,always starts never asks for much at all.only thing id like it to have is a bigger fuel tank… Read Full Review

“Perfection in motorcycling - almost!”

Written on: 23/06/2012 by MalcolmF (1 review written)

On the recommendation of my older brother, who has had more bikes than hot dinners and has a 2011 one, I bought a 2006 Innova as a runaround alternative to my `88 BMW R80 RT which was becoming too heavy for me off saddle. At £950, half the then new price, it seemed a bargain and looked great in red with 32L back box and Honda screen. I have loved owning and riding this machine although the rocking LH gear change took some getting used too. In fact, I once slammed it down into 2nd when at top… Read Full Review

Malcolmfoster's Response to MalcolmF's Review

Written on: 24/06/2012

Update. Having just read another review, I realised I had forgotten one problem. When checking it over for the last Mot, I found that the front brakes were dragging slightly due to sticking caliper pistons. With pads at minimum thickness and piston therefore fully out, I hoped new pads might fix this - but no. I was quoted £227 for a replacement Honda caliper, minus pads, (10% of a complete new bike!) so decided to drain the fluid, remove the pistons and examine it. The bores and seals looked fine but the exposed ends of the pistons were dirty/slightly corroded. I carefully cleaned them up with some very fine wet&dry paper in a rotary motion, replaced them and refilled the fluid. Using the bleed nipple to eliminate air bubbles was much easier than with a car and the whole job straight forward. Luckily, there was no brake fluid leak and the brakes are now fine. I later found a pattern caliper on the internet for around £100 which is still a lot to pay. PS. Keep the fluid well away from paintwork and even the black plastic mouldings - it leaves a mess as I found out!

Arthur.thomas's Response to MalcolmF's Review

Written on: 02/07/2013

where did you getthescreen

Malcolmfoster's reply to Arthur.thomas's Comment

Written on: 02/07/2013

Hi.

My original s/h red Innove came with an original Honda screen fitted which they withdrew from the market some time ago due to them cracking around the two upper stay holes - even though they are rubber mounted - which mine was. To stop them worsoning, I tried an old aeronautical trick of drilling a 1.5mm hole right at the end of the cracks (this supposedely causes stresses to encircle the hole instead of continuing in a straight path) which has worked to date.

For my new bike, I managed to purchase the last Givi version in the country (I was told) to fit an Innova which, after a few weeks, also started with cracks radiating from the top mounting holes. I made the same drillings a week ago and after a 700 mile tour of the Scottish Highlands last week with my 77 year old brother on his (I'm 66) and they are no worse.

My mate is buying one for my old Innove and it looks to me less high than mine which I think is good. When raining, I have to sit bolt upright to see over it for potholes, etc, as looking through a wet visor AND screen is not good. Also the bonded-on rubber screen edging is right in my line of sight at the top (won't lower further) so I crouch to see under it at times so watch that if buying one.

Malcolmfoster's Response to MalcolmF's Review

Written on: 01/08/2012

Hi Sayed, Sorry but my friend has bought my old bike off me on the proviso that I have first refusal if he comes to sell it. I do like the engine noise better on the earlier model - there is a slight `drumming', or `hunting' noise on the new one which I am told comes from the fuel injector pump gears. Nothing wrong with the carburetor version if you find one suitable. Thanks for the interest though.

Guest's Response to MalcolmF's Review

Written on: 01/08/2012

hi my name is Sayed and i would to know if u still have this bike with u tell me the price of this bike that u want to sell it on and also if u would like to contact me 07466629247 this my no.

Guest's Response to MalcolmF's Review

Written on: 17/07/2012

I like the idea of no oil filter to replace. The innova ANF has a self cleaning- 'Centrifugal' oil filter, as advised by Honda dealership themselves. My own is the efi 2011 model, i get an average of 150-160 MPG, great reliability, very easy low maintenance, quick enough to keep up with average road traffic, only downside for me is the hard seat, especially at distance, & the step through gears take a bit of getting used to... watch out when changing down into 1st too! you need to be virtually stopped for this to be smooth. Enjoy!

“07 Innova 125i”

Written on: 23/05/2012

Bought bike with just over 6000 on the odometer cost 950e one careful owner from new and kept inside all its life, fantastic bike parts are cheap and easy come by the haynes manual has just been released, it does 70mph easy with the air box cover seals removed some ducking is required with these in place (im 75-80kg) bike is comfy has plenty of power in all gears except 4th when gone below 30mph or so it gets to 60mph very fast in 3rd, some people said handling was scary on this bike (70mph on… Read Full Review

“Still going after 7 Scottish winters and 23000 miles”

Written on: 12/04/2012

Title says it all really,just an update from an earlier review,in which I unjustly criticised this little bike.Owned from new,and had it for 7 years now.It was carelessly assembled by a factory worker who clearly didn't give a sh*t,causing 2 wiring shorts and breakdowns about a year after I bought it,but after getting the wiring loom properly routed it hasn't gone wrong. I thought the piston rings were wearing recently,until I replaced the air filter (I know,should have done it much sooner)and… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 12/05/2012

good one mate

“Honda Innova 125”

Written on: 23/07/2011 by Pumas111 (1 review written)

I love the bike for its fuel economy, handling in town, and day to day use. However, the build quality seems very poor. After 3 months the gear indicator lights failed. After 6 months the plastic cowellings began to crack in a number of places. After a year the seat hinge broke. I have had to strip the front disc brake on 3 occasions due to it seasing. After 21000 miles the big end has failed and needed replacing, despite my changing the oil every 1000 miles from new. My experienced… Read Full Review