Carphone Warehouse Mobile Phone Insurance Reviews

Carphone Warehouse Mobile Phone Insurance - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Carphone Warehouse Mobile Phone Insurance

Carphone Warehouse Mobile Phone Insurance

“Easy and Stress free”

Written on: 20/10/2014 by Baird467 (1 review written)

I recently dropped my one month old iPhone 6 in my dog's water bowl. Obviously it was broken beyond repair. I took my phone to Carphone Warehouse the same day and my claim was approved on the spot. They then ordered a brand new replacement, which was delivered 2 days later (I reported it broken after 5pm so not within the next working day replacement time scale). I could not be more thankful, the staff were so helpful and luckily I have only had to be without my phone for 2 days. I had to… Read Full Review

“Totally Misleading ”

Written on: 28/09/2014 by Reynolds118 (1 review written)

I purchased a new Galaxy S4 Mini through mobiles.co.uk. The package included insurance at £8 per month. Mobiles.co.uk used PhoneCare to issue a policy. The policy issued by PhoneCare charged a premium of £10 per month - a 25% overcharge. Now neither will amend the policy to the advertised premium. Neither accept responsibility but blame each other. Either a policy at £8 is available or Mobile.co.uk are issuing misleading advertisements. … Read Full Review

“Po”

Written on: 11/08/2014 by OliviaRiddick (1 review written)

Very poor customer service agents they were very rude. I was not aware I was still paying for the service and I could not get a refund despite paying for a phone I haven't used in a year ! Very dissatisfied wouldn't recommend… Read Full Review

“Extremely satisfied!”

Written on: 26/07/2014 by bojo234 (1 review written)

Not buying a phone case finally came back to haunt me as I had dropped my phone and smashed the screen. I took it into the Geek Squad at Carphone Warehouse the next day, they approved my claim on the spot and rather than repairing the phone, I received a brand new replacemnent phone. On top of this, they even discounted the excess I had to pay. Incredible and easy service, very courteous employees and justifies what I initially thought was a high premium… Read Full Review

“I made a claim after losing my 3month old phone. I was...”

Written on: 16/07/2014 by DylanOwens320 (1 review written)

I made a claim after losing my 3month old phone. I was given a used phone… Read Full Review

“No phone replacement”

Written on: 06/07/2014 by Janeo139 (1 review written)

I am going to be without a phone for over a week, as they don't make that Iphone any more and stock is low. If I had been told this was a possibility, I would NOT have opted to pay £14.99 a month for several years!… Read Full Review

“Disgraceful and misleading. ”

Written on: 24/04/2014 by kyKelleher1975 (1 review written)

Absolutely hounded when buying the phone to insure it, he spent 20 minutes talking about it at the counter, and i gave in just to get out of there, glass of screen broke in last month after a years use, after paying 15 per month, or 180 by now, and they demanded a €50 euro excess fee to replace a part that cost a little over 30 euro in most shops. When i asked if i would be provided with a phone while they were fixing mine, i was told i'd be given a "feature phone" , a €15 euro samsung… Read Full Review

“Insurance fee's”

Written on: 16/03/2014 by HayleyMcCaw (1 review written)

My phone has been stolen, iphone5c .i pay 15pound a month! Do I have to pay 60pound fee?? And if so, what's the point in me paying for insurance if I have to pay that much??? Can someone kindly explain? As I thought if you had insurance and something happens, you get it sorted for free, or at least a lil amount?… Read Full Review

Locoshah's Response to HayleyMcCaw's Review

Written on: 01/06/2014

Babes, your lucky you weren't paying £469 quid for a new phone.. count yourself lucky you had Geek Squad

Kimiikat's Response to HayleyMcCaw's Review

Written on: 11/07/2014

No you don't get it for free. That's the whole point of insurance. You don't think that you would pay your car or home insurance and your tv or car breaks and you would get a new one for free. You pay an excess fee for these things. Don't take the insurance if your just going to moan about it. Just save up for the phone instead next time

“Rubbish”

Written on: 08/03/2014 by trevrev7 (1 review written)

I bought an Alcatel 282 from Carphone warehouse. They talked me into paying for insurance. It locked within two weeks. I returned it.They did not refund for phone or insurance. I have now received a letter to renew my insurance. I have telephoned twice and emailed twice to cancel the renewal. They say I must take two forms of ID along to a branch of Carphone Warehouse before they will stop billing me for insurance for a phone I don't have. I will never buy from them again… Read Full Review

“Terrible service. 6 weeks still no phone.”

Written on: 08/03/2014 by Rozzz (1 review written)

My Samsung S4 became faulty under warrantee and I was directed by Samsung to get my phone fixed at Geek Squad Store in Oxford Street, as it is Samsung accredited. I’m posting here today due to the terrible service I’ve received- other customers should be aware so they don’t have to endure the awful journey I’ve experienced and go elsewhere to get devises fixed. Kate Baker's experience with Geek Squad (26th January- who knows?!) 26th January: Took faulty phone to Geek Squad, unable… Read Full Review

Locoshah's Response to Rozzz's Review

Written on: 01/06/2014

ridiculous, you are not even a geek squad policy holder your complaint about the insurance is irrelevant

“Such poor service after money I've paid”

Written on: 01/03/2014 by TimothyKendall (1 review written)

They take your money month after month when nothing goes wrong and then give such poor service when something goes wrong - don't bother. If you have an Iphone it is £15.00 a month - so after a year you have paid £180 - and then they can't get a replacement phone to you with 24 hours. Also they make you go to a carphone warehouse store, where the staff don't really understand how the insurance works and so you get misleading information on whether the phone should be delivered to the store… Read Full Review

iphone 5s: £549.00 for the 16GB

geek squad insurance AND technical support (something apple change a fortune for) £14.99, times 24 months = £360 plus access fee £60.. £420, tell me whats cheaper you muppet?

“I bought a gift for my brother-in-law and took this...”

Written on: 21/02/2014

I bought a gift for my brother-in-law and took this insurance and when buying they said if you lose or anything happen just come we will replace it with one working day.My brother-in-law lost his phone in the ist week only bad luck and i went to police station got the report and the refrence number when spoke to car phoneware house they said i need to take an appointment with on the phone and they will decide. Went all through this got an appointment and after 1 hour on phone with guy,was… Read Full Review

Written on: 01/06/2014

Geek Squad is a ROLLING MONTHLY CONTRACT that can be stopped at anytime, claims are 97% likely to be accepted, Banks can offer 70% at most!

Kenie112's Comment

Written on: 14/07/2014

I got an insurance with Geek squad when I got my phone in store. The sales guy talked me into believing it was the best insurance I ever lost my phone or it could not be repaired, I will be given a brand new phone. At no point during this conversation did this guy mention that I will be given a used phone. 3months later, I misplaced my phone, after going through a claims procedure where I dad to give minute to minute account of my day, my claim was accepted and the next day, I was sent a used phone- they termed it "refurbished".

I have gone through their complaint procedure and they still maintained that I should have read their terms and conditions. To them, it is ok for their sales reps to tell you whatever they have to tell as long as they make a sale. It is the customers responsibility to go home and sift through what they have beentoldto figure out what is true and what is not. I have now been without a phone for over a week and Iam waiting to get a letter from them so I can go to the Ombudsman.

I WILL NOT RECOMMEND this company at all.

“Absolute rubbish, stay away.”

Written on: 27/01/2014

Firstly had i phone for four years before it broke, they gave me what I was told by staff at carphone warehouse was nice new phone, turns out a refurbished phone which then broke after 11 mths. As thought was under manufacturers warranty went to get replacement only to be told only had 90 day warranty. Complained to woman in complaints dept and she went through story stating that although phone called refurbished it was in fact new so I told then if this the case why had I a secondhand warranty… Read Full Review

“don't bother with geeksquad”

Written on: 24/01/2014

Waste of time I have bought a Samsung galaxy tab 3 from Carphone Warehouse and decided to buy insurance for it. When I went on the Geek squad website (carphone warehouse recommend them) there was a table starting from £9.99 to £79.99 per year. So I did call them just to ask for the right price for my new tablet but the salesperson started to ask for my full details (I wasn’t happy to say) but after few minutes of explaining her I just want to compare insurance – NOT buy – she finally… Read Full Review

Written on: 01/06/2014

you joker! its cheaper on an annual policy!

“repaired beautifully and in good time”

Written on: 15/01/2014 by Maximillion45 (1 review written)

Galaxy note 2, purchased on Amazon. Smashed screen repaired and returned within 14 days. I did not have a protective screen cover, nor a case, though I will in future! Repaired to beautiful standard, would never know the accident had happened. Even upgraded my phone software. My only slight gripe is that it was quite expensive at £169, but I understand that's due to the part costing so much. It's worth it to get my phone back! All the data sync'ed nicely with the samsung and google… Read Full Review

“ABSOLUTE JOKE!!!!!”

Written on: 07/01/2014

I took out insurance with my phone, of £14.99 pm, the screen smashed and I had to make a claim there was also a fault with the phone, firstly they didn't have the colour that I originally chose, but miraculously the colour I originally chose was available after threatening to put in a formal complaint, (which I am still going to do!). So the new phone arrived the next day, with a fault and in terrible condition! The money I have paid these jokers I could have got my screen fixed and the fault… Read Full Review

Written on: 01/06/2014

getting your screen fixed would cost approx. 170 quid one years insurance costs 180 but covers you for loss or theft? have a laugh

“never had a problem”

Written on: 29/11/2013

Honestly dont understand why Geek Squad are being given such a roasting, as long as you follow the right procedures in claiming you should never have a problem. I have made 4 claims on my HTC 8X in the past year (2 more claims than the bank will let you make per year) and the longest ive had to wait for a replacement is 3 days. Always received brilliant service and i will be continuing to insure all my future phones with the Geek Squad… Read Full Review

Noriqaraja's Comment

Written on: 09/12/2013

I try to contact them for few days but could contact them regarding my phone lost claim I am worried they are not picking up my phone

Written on: 01/06/2014

premium price but premium product try another insurer and see how long they take to get your replacement! ex: O2 2 weeks!

“No problem”

Written on: 29/11/2013

I lost my iphone 4s after 9 months of contract no problem carphone Helu me with all papers then i go for Garda to report Lost then back to carphone and get ring back after 2 day that my phone wait for means thing is that phones are without box and charger and no papers that's wired for me… Read Full Review

“Good service ”

Written on: 28/11/2013 by Jennifer23 (1 review written)

I signed up for Geek Squad via Carphone Warehouse when I took my contract out. On Tuesday night I dropped my phone & smashed the screen. I went into Carphone Warehouse on Wednesday & did my claim. Assistant told me that there were no replacements available in the same colour as I had & asked which of the available colours I wanted. I had figured I'd have to choose a different colour, because nowhere sells the colour I had anymore. Got my replacement phone the next day. Yes, it's a refurbished… Read Full Review

Locoshah's Response to Jennifer23's Review

Written on: 01/06/2014

first sensible review I've seen.

“absolutely terrible ”

Written on: 22/11/2013

wouldnt even give a star but had to!!! its complete false advertising and they have no right to be a company if they are going to act like that!! pathetic excuse for an insurance and an expensive one aswell!! … Read Full Review

Noriqaraja's Comment

Written on: 09/12/2013

I try to contact them for few days but I couldn't I lost my phone they are not picking up my phone