O2 Mobile Phone Insurance Reviews - www.o2.co.uk

• Customer service

O2 Mobile Phone Insurance www.o2.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for O2 Mobile Phone Insurance www.o2.co.uk

O2 Mobile Phone Insurance www.o2.co.uk

“DO NOT GET 02 INSURANCE !!!!!!”

Written on: 21/06/2016 by PierreMacKenzie1956 (1 review written)

I have been with 02 for quite some years and never had a problem. i put a claim in for an iphone 6 as i lost my other and have been paying my monthly bills and paid my excess of 60 pound. its been 7 days and still i am being told by 02 insurance that they have no phones in stock which is completely un acceptable. also my contract states as will your that you get a new phone within 3 working days..... its been 7 days and im still waiting. i questioned the operateor and she told me i will more… Read Full Review

“They replace your phone with refurbished phones”

Written on: 02/06/2016 by helen.nasser (1 review written)

They Replaced my phone that had a broken screen with a refurbished phone that had an operating system issue. O2 took more than 10 days to deliver the first phone and now I will have to wait another 10 working days to wait for them to fix it although it was their fault! Terrible service it takes super long and their policy is misleading as they say that it is a new phone and actually it is a refurbished phone!… Read Full Review

i have had the same issue
i claimed for a new phone as i lost my old one and still the insurance is telling me they have no phones in stock and dont know when they will be receiving any in stock.
its now been 7 days and still no phone... and still the insurance is telling me they have no phones of any type in stock.
this is an insurance that will take your monthly payments and your excess but will make it as hard as possible to claim a new phone.

DO NOT TAKE OUT 02 MOBILE INSURANCE!

“£6 a month well worth it”

Written on: 02/05/2016 by Hancock462 (1 review written)

Had my 6 plus for just over a year when screen became intermittently unresponsive with a grey flickering bar appearing at the top of the screen. Phoned O2 and started the claim process on Monday afternoon telling them my phone may have been subject to external pressure forces causing this problem. DPD picked phone up Tuesday. After sending it away I done some digging and discovered the phone was probably ever so slightly "bent" causing these symptoms. Phone was kept in a sturdy case with screen… Read Full Review

“Not as bad as I thought...”

Written on: 29/02/2016 by Illy4559 (1 review written)

My experience with O2 insurance has been very different from the experiences of the reviewers below. Having read the reviews and being in a position where I needed to make a claim – I was quite anxious. However I was pleasantly surprised and I must say that I have had my best experience with O2 insure. I put my phone in my car cupholder not knowing there was some Coke residue in it on Saturday night. When I got home, my phone’s touch stopped working and when I reset it – some black… Read Full Review

“Disgracefull”

Written on: 18/02/2016 by Amare423 (1 review written)

My phone broke contacted o2 insure they arranged for it to be collected by dpd and they failed to turn up 4days in a row and I had someone wait in all day for 4 days! Not even an email or phone call from o2 or dpd! Quite unbelievable! I then gave up with them and took it to an o2 store and asked them to contact o2 insure whilst I was there and all they do is keep apologising and promising the world and failed to deliver! After emails saying dpd would collect it from the store the idiots turned… Read Full Review

“Better than expected after reading reviews ”

Written on: 23/12/2015 by Jenna123456789 (1 review written)

So the only thing I can fault is the fact that there courier DPD didn't turn up when they said they would ... But that's not really the insurance company's fault. They collected my phone on Monday, emailed me on Tuesday saying my claim had been expected and then 2 hours later advising I will receive a new phone tomorrow ... So today as advised (Wednesday) I received it! They had my phone for less than 3 days, so can't fault the service. Only moan would be that DPD Didn't turn up when expected… Read Full Review

“Cannot Fault”

Written on: 18/12/2015 by Cahill239 (1 review written)

Accidentally put my 3 week old iphone 6S plus through the washing machine. It was completely dead. Opened a claim with o2 insure with a single phone call (£60 excess). A courier picked up the phone the next day. 3 days later I received an email saying my claim was accepted. The next day a brand new iphone 6S plus came in the post. I read review on here before opening the claim so expected the worst. But the process was flawless, only 6-7 days to review a brand new replacement… Read Full Review

“appalling”

Written on: 16/12/2015 by Fabian444 (1 review written)

Told on Saturday that phone would be picked up between 8 and 12 on Monday for assessment No - one called. At 5 I rang and was told they could not come and to arrange another day. Disgraceful.Utterly unprofessional… Read Full Review

“This insurance is an absolute scheme”

Written on: 22/11/2015 by Mattier111 (1 review written)

You pay in £10 every month for accidental damage - but be aware that all accidental damage is 'assessed'. So you have to send in your phone for this assessment and there's no replacement phone offered - unless you want to take an old age nokia (not a smart phone) and pay them £25 as a deposit. Then you wait for 7 days while they 'assess' and decide weather to keep their word on giving you 'accidental' damage. Then you pay £50 (!!!) for the repair. That's pretty awesome, isn't it? So you've… Read Full Review

“I pay £12.50 a month. I was told that it covered...”

Written on: 08/10/2015 by dajwid (1 review written)

I pay £12.50 a month. I was told that it covered everything, if anything happened a replacement is 48 hours. It took 3 days to process my claim. 5 days to get a replacement ! (if it turns up) then I was told I need to pay £60!!!!! access. I have paid so far £175.00 this year. Poor service, incompetent staff. DO NOT buy this cover it is simply money wasted. Plenty of other companies, cheaper, faster and polite… Read Full Review

Taha2015's Response to dajwid's Review

Written on: 04/11/2015

I was shocked to the fact i have to pay 60 pounds aftet almost 2 years paying 12.5 pounds monthly !! Its a rip off !

“BUYER BEWARE”

Written on: 02/10/2015 by ueGoodman51 (1 review written)

One of the worst services ever. I've been waiting 3 weeks for a phone. It's insanely expensive - more than i pay for my house insurance, and an unbelievably bad customer service line. Tried to make a complaint and they cut me off - seriously, dont ever ever ever pay for O2 insurance. its a total false economy… Read Full Review

“o2 nightmare”

Written on: 27/09/2015 by ncDolan258 (1 review written)

4 weeks to sort out then no sim card with phone terrible customer service throughout dont think o2 even care wouldnt recomend o2 to anybody… Read Full Review

“Terrible service - not what it used to be!”

Written on: 20/09/2015 by Danielg329 (1 review written)

Absolutely horrendous experience. Over a month later and I still haven't had my replacement handset. My last claim, nine months ago, also results in a month without a handset and another upheld complaint. When I started using O2 insurance four or more years ago they were fantastic. Not any more. Don't even bother… Read Full Review

“Disgusting!”

Written on: 19/08/2015 by esHeath39 (1 review written)

Been a customer with O2 for over 8 years. Recently got a iPhone 6 and was encouraged by the man in the shop to take insurance. As he was so positive about it in the shop saying phones are replaced no problem I took the insurance. After before dropped, the screen on my phone cracked. After being passed around on the phone to various people in O2 for 40 MINUTES and being asked a number of ridiculous questions I was told I had to pay £60 on top of the insurance I pay every month. Literally the… Read Full Review

Written on: 08/09/2015

All insurance you are expected to pay and excess but believe me your most likely to get a replacement phone from O2 insurance company or a genuine screen replacement, if you was to take it to a shop to be repaired it would cost more than £60 plus the screen they would put on it for you would not be genuine as apple don't sell there genuine parts so you would have a 3rd party manufactured screen on your phone which would not be as touch or durable as the one you would receive from O2 Insure trust me

Oops spell check Apple*

Written on: 08/09/2015

Also it would make your 1 year phone warranty with apply invalid if you was to go to a shop to get it fixed.

“Stone age service ”

Written on: 18/06/2015 by 116Santiago (1 review written)

i made a claim and received a new phone, with the phone was a letter saying i wouldnt be charged the excess fee as it was fixed under the warranty. Three months down the line and im charged the full excess! spend over an hour going in circles on the phone and being cut off several times due to their awful signal only to be told there is nothing they can do unless i still have the letter. Apparently they write everything with a type writer so there is no record of said letter and im the one… Read Full Review

“waste of money”

Written on: 13/05/2015 by zpBates204 (1 review written)

screen broken on my iphone 5c and i was asked to pay the first £60, not happy i pay £15 a month insurance. i will never use there insurance again and are thinking of changing my contract supplier… Read Full Review

“£12.50 PM! FOR WHAT!”

Written on: 11/05/2015 by Grosvenor53 (1 review written)

3 weeks and still no phone. I'm paying a lot each month and they even said at the o2 store why is your claim not given you a phone yet. I went with o2 because Money-saving-expert says they are the quickest at replacing. Well it's been 3weeks and nothing. Make your own mind up from that… Read Full Review

“Worst costumes service ever don't get this insurance g”

Written on: 02/05/2015 by LeilaniGibson (1 review written)

The worst costumes service I ever had in my all life !!! So disappointed after been costumes for last 5 years… Read Full Review

“Disgraceful”

Written on: 27/04/2015 by Demetriusi117 (1 review written)

imhad my phone insured for accidental damage. I'm a joiner and keep my phone in my pocket. I used my phone in the morning , it was fine. Next time I used it it looked like black ink running down the screen. We phoned O2 who put us through to the insurance, I explained what the phone looked like. They asked if I had dropped it or remember doing anything physical to it ,to with I was honest and said no , not to my knowledge. The insurance was refused because I couldn't say it was accidental. My… Read Full Review

“Terrible”

Written on: 13/04/2015 by Gibson344 (1 review written)

On their website they claim 80% of lost phones are replaced in 24 hours, mine has taken 2 days and i am still waiting! Staff are rude and unhelpful. They ask you to fill out different forms an ask you to pretty much gather all their basic information they need when they can do it themselves as they work alongside o2. Disgusting attitudes from staff, expensive excess for apple users unlike EE insurance that replace the handset promptly next day regardless if its lost/stolen or simply damaged! o2… Read Full Review