BSA Mercury Challenger Reviews

• Accuracy

• Handling

BSA Mercury Challenger - Ask a question now

“voted best air gun in 1987,a cheap 22 air gun ,I's...”

Written on: 20/05/2010 by darren harries (1 review written)

voted best air gun in 1987,a cheap 22 air gun ,I's hard to miss with it,as its light with 4 by 32 sights, killed foxies at 40 yards with head shots,ducks rabbits lost count of hits I had with it,what I shot at I hit, the only bad thing and good thing ,no safe,one of the best guns about for all round shooting,I even think it was better that HW80,I have a FX2000,but I wound love another bsa challanger as a back up,when gas is low,I would have one tomorrow if I could find one ,in good order,but no… Read Full Review

“I purchased my .177 Mercury Challenger new in 1990 via...”

Written on: 19/04/2006 by tbrendel (1 review written)

I purchased my .177 Mercury Challenger new in 1990 via mail order. My experience up to that point was with an HW80 and some inexpensive Crosman pneumatics.

Upon opening the box, I was very favorably surprised by the rifle's appearance. To my eye, the lines are much more pleasing then those of the HW80 - less "blocky" and heavy looking.

The blueing is a deeper shade then the Weihrauch, and the beech stock has a satin finish that appears to be oil.

The color of the beech stock is a slightly… Read Full Review

“The BSA Mercury Challenger was my second air rifle -...”

Written on: 28/08/2004 by stclaird (2 reviews written)

The BSA Mercury Challenger was my second air rifle - my first was a BSA meteor S and I was very pleased with it. I found the rifle to be a bit noisy when I first got it but it was brand new so I guess that is to be expected. The only mistake I ever made with this gun was lending it to a 'friend'. I recently got it back after 10 years and it the rifle blueing is in poor nick and the stock is scratched! Anyone have any advice on restoring it to its former glory?… Read Full Review