Phuket Air Reviews

• Customer service

• Comfort on flight

• Quality of food

Phuket Air - Ask a question now

“We checked into the airport on the 3rd April 2005 on...”

Written on: 04/05/2005 by tracie woodruff (1 review written)

We checked into the airport on the 3rd April 2005 on our way to Thailand. I had to be in Thailand the next day to get married. We got to the check in desk to be told that the flight had been delayed in United Arab Emirates until Tuesday the 05th April (2 days later) and that we would be put up in a hotel until then. I explained that this was not possible as I was getting married; basically they said they couldn't do anything about this. We telephoned the tour operator duty officer who wasn't… Read Full Review

199475_Frequent Flyer's Response to tracie woodruff's Review

Written on: 28/06/2005

Hopefully you paid for passage on a credit card. If so, decline the Phuket Air charge as they "failed to provide reasonable air transportation as promised". A two day delay is not reasonable. Then let your credit card company fight it out with them.

“We flew with Pucket Air from Amsterdam to Bangkok and...”

Written on: 29/04/2005 by therwich (1 review written)

We flew with Pucket Air from Amsterdam to Bangkok and from Bangkok to Depansar (Bali) on 24 april 2005.

We read all the bad reviews here and expected the worst.

The flight was exactly on time, no delays. The flight from Bangkok to Denpasar left 15 minutes early.

If you look carefully, you can see the planes are old but they are certainly not uncomfortable. After takeoff we were never afraid. The service was excellent and the meals were very good.

We return on 5 may and will certainly write… Read Full Review

Izzy001's Response to therwich's Review

Written on: 06/05/2005

I hope that you have returned safely from your trip to Bali. I would be interested to have your comments on your return journey as Phuket Air have now been grounded indefinitely at both Gatwick and Amsterdam because of their blatant disregard for safety. Their Filipino pilot did not even have a valid medical certificate to fly - (see recent newspaper articles and internet reports). I hope you did not suffer the delays and trauma that so many of us were subjected to in recent months.

Therwich's Response to therwich's Review

Written on: 07/05/2005

Unfortunately, the return flight was indeed not that succesfull. We flew from Denpasar (Bali) to Bangkok with Thai Airways (very good). This because Phuket Air had no passengers for Denpasar and decided not to send a machine there. In Bangkok a Phuket Air spokesman told us we would have to stay in Bangkok. We didn't mind that much because it was a great opportunity to see this enormous city. We were taken to a great 4-star hotel and stayed the night and following day in Bangkok. Before we were picked up from the hotel at 07:00 PM we had a fantastic dinner in the hotel. At 11:00 PM we had a flight to Munchen with Lufthansa (a brand new Airbus). In Munchen we had to wait about 5 hours to get to Amsterdam. So, after all, we were quite satisfied. Some passangers though, had to wait 11 hours in Munchen.
<br>
<br>I would be surprised if Phuket Air would survive this. It must be said that they are still trying to satisfy their customers under very difficult conditions.

“Five weeks before our departure date to Bangkok from...”

Written on: 20/04/2005 by HoHum (1 review written)

Five weeks before our departure date to Bangkok from Gatwick we were told by our travel agent that the return flight to Gatwick had been cancelled by Phuket Air. The next available return flight was six days later on 15th April. We decided to extend our stay in Thailand to cover the extra days but of course there were extra problems and expenses incurred.

On checking in to Phuket Air for our return journey to Gatwick on the 15th we were then told that the flight had been cancelled....no… Read Full Review

Izzy001's Response to HoHum's Review

Written on: 26/04/2005

Were you due to fly on April 9th from Bangok? My travel agent did not tell me the flight was cancelled. When I arrived at Check in I was told I would have to fly on 10th April to Amsterdam, due to aircraft rotation problems. If I had known this in advance I would have cancelled my flight and used another carrier.

Hohum's Response to HoHum's Review

Written on: 27/04/2005

Hi Izzy 001...what a shambles...at least I was forewarned that the flight from Bangkok was delayed by six days and yes I was due to fly back on the 9th April.My travel agent was Touchdown and although they were put in a difficult position by Phuket Air they did very well at sorting out a lot of disgruntled passengers whose plans were thrown into disarray.
<br>Apart from the journey home we had a great holiday in Thailand....hope you did as well.

☆☆☆☆☆

“Like Izzy001 my family and I were due to travel on...”

Written on: 18/04/2005 by jedahunt (1 review written)

Like Izzy001 my family and I were due to travel on Phuket Air, the Flight to Gatwick on the 9yh April. I can confirm everything that has already been said.
My family and I refused to fly back on Phuket Air and we flew to Heathrow via Paris with Air France. The only defence of Phuket Air is that they paid for the flights!!
Don't ever fly with this airline… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“I rather foolishly ignored all the adverse reviews...”

Written on: 12/04/2005 by Izzy001 (1 review written)

I rather foolishly ignored all the adverse reviews written on this site and booked a cheap flight with Phuket Air - NEVER AGAIN. The outbound journey from London to Bangkok on 22nd March was OK. I was a little concerned that my seat, along with many others, was permanently reclined even during take off and landing - this was uncomfortable for an 11 hour flight. My daughter's seat back tray kept falling down and the cabin crew told her to hold it with her hand during take off and landing. My… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“Phuket Air is by far the worst aircraft I have ever...”

Written on: 05/04/2005 by conserned traveller (1 review written)

Phuket Air is by far the worst aircraft I have ever been on. The plane must have been about 30 years old. Nothing worked on the plane, the lights, the TV's, the sound, radios. The pilots didn't warn us when turbulence was ahead, causing drinks to be spilt everywhere and people banging heads against the ceiling as the turbulence was that bad. I'm sure the plane would not be classed as safe if it was checked out by a respectable airline. No warnings from the travel agents either at the state of… Read Full Review

“When I first heard about Phuket Air I was curious to...”

Written on: 04/04/2005 by pacbmth (1 review written)

When I first heard about Phuket Air I was curious to see what kind of fares they had to offer, it turned out that they were considerably cheaper than Thai- airways & BA, with-out going with another airline and having to change aircraft halfway through the journey.
The flight that we had originally booked was changed so we had to go a day earlier than planned, we were informed at check that the flight was going to be on time.
The flight was only half full, which I thought was a bit strange for… Read Full Review

“DONT use Phuket Airlines. Thinking of traveling with...”

Written on: 05/02/2005 by Helen002 (2 reviews written)

DONT use Phuket Airlines. Thinking of traveling with Phuket Airlines?? Seriously it's not worth compromising your sanity or safety for £200!
I traveled with Phuket Airlines on 15th January 2005, our flight was supposed to leave Gatwick at 2pm that day. We arrived at the check in desk at 11am to be greeted with a rumor that the flight was 11 hours delayed! Eventually the check in desk opened and passengers were informed that there was an 18 hour delay on the flight, no real explanation was given… Read Full Review

Elsie123's Response to Helen002's Review

Written on: 12/03/2005

I have just returned today after travelling with Phuket Airlines to Bangkok. While I appreciate some of the comments here, I cannot honestly say that the flights were that dreadful. The staff were very friendly, always coming round with drinks and would do anything for you. I noticed on the outbound that some people had audio equipment that wasn't working, but that’s about all. Yes the aircraft are ex-KLM fleet but they were comfortable as a plane can be, and had more legroom than BA. The stop for refuelling in Shajar isn't ideal, but at the end of the day, we chose this flight because it was reasonably priced - much cheaper than anything else we could find. If you want luxury, then go elsewhere, that’s all I can say. - learn to live with it and be grateful that you can afford to go on holiday! I didn't let it distract from my holiday and I think it’s sad that some people do! I think with time Phuket Airlines will improve - give them a chance.

Rebeccatravels's Response to Helen002's Review

Written on: 08/04/2005

I'm all for finding a bargain and travelling from A-B cheaply saving money for your holiday, BUT I flew with Phuket Air on the Jan 14th flight which turned back with engine fire after take off from Bangkok. I have never been so frightened in my life. I have since written to the airline asking for explanations on what exactly happened - reassurance we were never in danger. I have received no reply from the airline, or apology for our 16 hour delay.
<br>Oh and if engine fire doesn't put you off, how about a window falling out or water leaking into the plane?
<br>It's interesting to see the comment about the staff being happy to serve drinks. The staff were so happy to serve drinks on our flight that several people became drunk and obnoxious - one lady quite hysterical grappling with cabin crew when we stopped to refuel.
<br>I think this airline is a disaster waiting to happen. Don't fly with them. It's no fun.

“Phuket Air: Where do I start? oldest plane you will...”

Written on: 19/01/2005 by ford focus (1 review written)

Phuket Air: Where do I start? oldest plane you will ever see and looks it, maintenance men repairing plane in flight, overhead reading lights coming on and off all flight, seat recliner broken, food tray broken, dirty carpets and seats, toilets falling apart, televisions not working or black and white etc etc etc.I travelled on my own, and if I had my children with me I would have flown home with another airline. I couldn't wait to get home did not feel happy with state of aircraft. I have… Read Full Review

“The main problems with Phuket Air are the age of the...”

Written on: 09/01/2005 by uk traveller (1 review written)

The main problems with Phuket Air are the age of the aircraft and the type of passengers that fly with them.

The aircraft appear to be hand-me-downs from bigger airlines, and are showing the signs of age. The reading lights, cabin call, and tv were not working in our section of the aircraft. Many of the seat arms were torn. Some of the overhead panels were taped into place. Some seats recliners were broken, so reclined too far! Not good for the person behind!

The low fares offered by… Read Full Review

“Before flying with Phuket Air, I did the worst thing,...”

Written on: 15/12/2004 by Helen Davis (1 review written)

Before flying with Phuket Air, I did the worst thing, which was to read the reviews, which were very disapointing. So I immediately expected the worst.

Check in was fine, and the flight left on time, the cabin crew were excellent they were so friendly and were served with hot towels straight after take off, which was followed by unlimited drinks and a hot meal. We were given free earphones for the inflight entertainment, a good selection of films were played which were also different on the… Read Full Review

“Living in Krabi, I often have to go to Bangkok for...”

Written on: 07/12/2004 by krabi (1 review written)

Living in Krabi, I often have to go to Bangkok for business - I usually fly Bangkok Airways but decided to give Phuket Air a go as they had a very good deal on. What a mistake! Let me make this clear - Krabi is about 800km or 1 hour flight to Bangkok - so why the hell did the plane go via Phuket - reason - there were passenger going Bangkok - Phuket and more passengers going Phuket - Bangkok - so to save a few baht they did all 3 flights in 1 - resulting in some very fed up passengers!! So from… Read Full Review

“I read the reviews here after booking Phuket Air and...”

Written on: 12/11/2004 by moxox (1 review written)

I read the reviews here after booking Phuket Air and approached the flight with trepidation. However I was very pleasantly surprised. The staff were all very helpful, the service was good with the cabin staff very obliging. I couldn't see the movie screen on the outward journey so it can't be compared to some bigger names but at £320 LGW BKK return can you really complain ?
The flight left an hour late, was delayed in Sharga a further hour, but still arrived at the scheduled time - I don't… Read Full Review

“To sum up Phuket airlines, I would describe them as...”

Written on: 25/10/2004 by globetrekker123 (1 review written)

To sum up Phuket airlines, I would describe them as the worst airline I have ever travelled with.

I have flow to Thailand many times, and always had excellent flights, except the return flight from Bangkok to London which was re-routed via Sarjah to refuel, which added an extra 5 hours onto the journey.

The flight from London to Bangkok was fine, but the flight from Bangkok to Phuket was delayed by 4 hours and the return flight was delayed by 4 hours, only to find out on check in at Bangkok… Read Full Review

“Phuket Air: ”

Written on: 10/10/2004 by Fubz (1 review written)

Phuket Air:
Check in at Gatwick was fine. Flight was delayed for 50 minutes on outward flights and 2 hrs on return. Return flight was via Dubai which we did not find out about until we checked in at Bangkok.

Seats were comfortable (approx 32" seat pitch. In flight staff very friendly, always coming round with water, orange juice, etc. If you wanted anything else they were only too happy to oblige.
Downside is the in-flight entertainment as the sound quality is very poor. Best to take lots… Read Full Review

Cardriver's Response to Fubz's Review

Written on: 22/10/2004

It is quite likely with a Boeing 747-300 that a refuelling stop will be required on the BKK - LGW sector because of the prevailing headwinds. This should not be required on the LGW - BKK sector. However Phuket Air should make this clearer or passengers could be annoyed if they find out at checkin, or even in the air.

Tekfrank's Response to Fubz's Review

Written on: 11/04/2005

They won't buy any planes, I think they will close soon...

Khun Chris's Response to Fubz's Review

Written on: 18/11/2004

I understand Phuket Air will be acquiring Boeing 747-400 series aircraft from Singapore Airlines in the near future.

“Flew from Bangkok to Gatwick on 29 August. At the...”

Written on: 13/09/2004 by coxhodave (1 review written)

Flew from Bangkok to Gatwick on 29 August. At the check in we were told that we were not on the flight (despite reconfirming 5 days earlier).
Many people were in the same position as us and as a result many passengers were left in Bangkok.
We were allowed to board the flight only upon payment of 5400 baht from the three of us.
The staff at Bangkok showed complete indifference at the plight of the passengers.
The flight took off a couple of hours late and stopped off in Dubai for an hour's stop… Read Full Review

“Phuket Air started flying non-stop from London Gatwick...”

Written on: 27/08/2004 by Danc (27 reviews written)

Phuket Air started flying non-stop from London Gatwick to Bangkok in July 2004.
The Spanish lady that checked us in at Gatwick was really the most miserable person that I have come across and clearly hated her job, she made us all feel that she was doing a big favour by checking us onto the flight. This is not a good way to begin a holiday.
All the Thai staff were excellent both on our outward flight and our return one. The legroom was good and the food, entertainment was also very good. All… Read Full Review