iRiver iFP-790 Reviews

• Battery Life

iRiver iFP-790 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for iRiver iFP-790

iRiver iFP-790

“I have had my iRiver 790 for two years now and still...”

Written on: 22/07/2008

I have had my iRiver 790 for two years now and still have not found any other player with comparable sound quality. Excellent headphones. Great battery life on alkaline, although I found rechargeable batteries seem to drain very quickly. I wish they did a 4Gb version of this. Mine has been dropped, drowned (more than once) stripped, dried out and rebuilt and continues to be my player of choice. Did I mention the excellent FM reception?… Read Full Review

iRiver iFP-790

“Very good sound quality and high output. AA battery...”

Written on: 07/04/2008

Very good sound quality and high output. AA battery (handy) which lasts about 40h! I have rechargeable AA batteries so also an advantage. High quality radio (if the channel is well received), which is a point for those who are interested in listening to radio. Line-in, voice recording from other audio devices. Recording can be done till 320 kbps (which is not the case in most other companies). After updating the firmware (MSC) it can be used as disk-on-key. Ear plugs are of good quality and… Read Full Review

iRiver iFP-790

“I have had this iRiver iFP-790 mp3 player close to a...”

Written on: 07/02/2006 by ian1024 (2 reviews written)

I have had this iRiver iFP-790 mp3 player close to a year now and I have never had a complaint. The sound quality is superb, I have used an iPod nano and it doesn't even come close to the clarity of this iRiver. It has a very good equaliser but in my opinion is best left normalised. It is so easy to use 'on the move'. I can unlock it, change volume, change track, stop/pause without even removing it from my pocket. Extremely user friendly, common sense menu's. The battery life is staggering… Read Full Review

iRiver iFP-790

“I've been using this iRiver iFP-790 device for a...”

Written on: 20/04/2005 by bcont (2 reviews written)

I've been using this iRiver iFP-790 device for a couple of months now and I find it pretty good. It's very small and lightweight and the neckstrap is pretty cool. I think if you buy one you'll want to get better earphones though… Read Full Review

iRiver iFP-790

“I tried a cheap K-Byte brand mp3 player and the unit...”

Written on: 04/01/2005 by msgraphik (1 review written)

I tried a cheap K-Byte brand mp3 player and the unit was no better than the 4pt so I decided to upgrade to an iRiver iFP-790. I returned the K-Byte and I tried the iRiver 790 after seeing many great reviews. The iRiver was very easy to use without instructions. I only referred to them when needed and found them very professionally written. The sound is great and I'm 30 hours on the first battery! (40 hours rated)
Their website is good to! They have a flash upgrade out too that you should get… Read Full Review

iRiver iFP-790

“I would avoid the iRiver iFP-790and all iRiver producets. ”

Written on: 20/11/2004 by StarWars (1 review written)

I would avoid the iRiver iFP-790and all iRiver producets.

Read the iRiver Forums (under community) on their website and you will see many people who agree with me… Read Full Review

Michellemb's Response to StarWars's Review

Written on: 09/05/2005

I am very disappointed at the performance of my iFP-790. The sound connection is malfunctioning and sound only comes from one headphone. I sent it to the customer service center, they returned it to me in the same condition...still unrepaired. They told me they had fixed the problem, but now, the problems have become worse. The music skips and the player shuts down continuously in the middle of songs. I have written to customer service again, but they have not responded. iRiver does not know the meaning of customer service and does not back their products. I would never buy a product from this company again.

Ian1024's Response to StarWars's Review

Written on: 08/02/2006

I have not needed to contact iRiver customer service so I cannot comment upon that. However, mine has never shown any of these problems, infact I have had NO problems with it.
Addressing the problems with the software provided, it is not required and I would say not recommended. Update the firmware (get the file from iRiver website) and the player will behave as a USB memory stick. You can stick any type of file on it and just drag and drop files (and music) from "windows explorer" or "my computer" whatever. MUCH BETTER :P