Virgin Holidays Reviews - www.virginholidays.co.uk

Virgin Holidays - www.virginholidays.co.uk - Ask a question now

“Virgin Holiday No Virgin Agents!”

Written on: 11/10/2014 by 1992McLean (1 review written)

Booked my Virgin Eastern Canada escorted coach tour followed by a separate Virgin Cruise. I eventually find out that the coach tour is operated by an independent Canadian tour operator and, perhaps naturally, the cruise by a cruise operator. I needed to book one more night to be added onto the final destination of the coach tour hotel in order to board the cruise the day after. I tried to establish from Virgin what is the name of the hotel and can they book me another night. Over a period of… Read Full Review

“Nightmare customer service - do not book!”

Written on: 04/10/2014 by LizethHull283 (1 review written)

We booked our holiday with Virgin Holidays. When booking they make a big deal of the fact that this is a Virgin company and use the branding to sell their product. They also strongly promote Virgin Atlantic on their website. However after booking Virgin Atlantic changed their flight schedule and cancelled our flight. Virgin Holidays gave us the option of travelling on other dates (not possible for us), going on the same day with another carrier or cancelling our holiday. We were happy to go… Read Full Review

“Never get sick on virgin holiday”

Written on: 17/09/2014 by bvFord331 (1 review written)

Just got back from Orlando with Virgin holidays. The actual holiday was great hence the 4 stars. We stayed at a Disney resort and everything was wonderful........until the last day. Then when I needed Virgin's assistance most they let me down. Having already checked in at Downtown Disney for our flight home we went off to enjoy our final day. A couple of hours later I was taken ill and Disney called for paramedics as I needed urgent care. They duly took me off to hospital where I was found to… Read Full Review

“Absolutley a joke no one answerable for so many mistakes ”

Written on: 13/09/2014

Whole holiday booking a mess up and can only put it down to girls who booked it for us in virgin travel agents plymouth .we first had a email cancelling are holiday after we had paid it and had a whole night worrying until we could ring in the morning to sought it and we're then told that these girls had double booked our holiday and the one that was cancelled was the one we hadn't paid for but can't understand it because surely we would of had to pay a deposit on this holiday and they would of… Read Full Review

“Bring the Virgin Brand into disrepute”

Written on: 10/09/2014 by Phillips79 (1 review written)

Wish I had looked at this site before I booked with Virgin Holidays to go to Boston. Worst experience of a travel agent ever e.g. Didnt turn up at destination airport and hadn't arranged the paid for hotel transfer, blamed the UK for not receiving information but had obviously lied, can't get hold of them to refund money they have agreed in writing that we should be reimbursed. Looking at the other entries on this site it seems the incompetence is rife across the organisation. One note - Virgin… Read Full Review

“never again”

Written on: 05/08/2014 by alexhb04 (1 review written)

Customer service and realtions apalling. 5 star service a joke. Laughing in background when complaining then fobbed off my senior managment Holiday ruined. Had £2500 of my money and not bothered… Read Full Review

“Western Highlights USA tour”

Written on: 02/07/2014 by NickyYates (1 review written)

This Western Highlights (Virgin) tour is tiring and full on with a 6-7-8am routine. There were always adequate rest stops. Only at Yosemite was lunch included so budget for 3 meals as well as time in the morning to find breakfast.WiFi is only usually available in the lobby. San Fran is vibrant and buzzing but also occasionally a little cold even in June. Tour around the city with a walk over the GG bridge is comprehensive. The Powell Hotel is central though can be noisy if overlooking the… Read Full Review

Jaynieb's Response to NickyYates's Review

Written on: 03/07/2014

Thankyou for your review, I found your review really helpful. We are going on this tour in August but ive heard really bad reports about the Powell Hotel. Virgin want £244 to upgrade to Stanford Court Hotel which I find very expensive, Customer services are not very helpful unfortunately..

Nickyyates's reply to Jaynieb's Comment

Written on: 04/07/2014

Powell Hotel has small rooms and was fine for 2 nights - bathrooms were very clean but it looks old fashioned. Stanford is in a more chic area of San Fran. We had already been moved from Whitcomb before we left at no charge. Our First choice rep and virgin contact were very helpful esp about vegas. The Powell is opposite Westfield shopping complex and on flat area whereas Stanford looks like up the hill. We had a 19yr old and 21yr old with us so our experiences would be different to others. The kettle was useful and we got milk from Starbucks/bakery. Look up shows in Vegas now and book online or ask tour director to book as soon as meet him. Also our director only took optional tour costs at end of week so one whole cost. We also took a prepaid cash card from Thompson and in US they do not ask for pin number but need this to get money from ATMs.

Jaynieb's reply to Nickyyates's Comment

Written on: 04/07/2014

Thanks again for reply, We will definitely take your advice about Alcatraz and book online, We've already been to Vegas before so we know about shows etc.. I'm still a little unsure on Powell Hotel, Virgin have changed our hotel From Whitcomb and changed our hotel in LA 3 times, Unfortunetly the virgins statement of "Unleash your Mojo" means nothing to us as we feel now that once theve had your money they just don't care.. but any way I really appreciate your feedback.

“xcaret excellent”

Written on: 02/07/2014 by Ismaels496 (1 review written)

Virgin holidays. Although flight delayed staff were excellent and coped well with delay as we were informed by text and then when in plane entertainment system put on as well as drinks offered. transfers well organised and smooth as well as information given re check in on return. At the resort our rep was excellent. Great presentation and helpful. Really knew his stuff. Have travelled to Mexico before and same resort but different company. Will ho virgin holidays again. Totally recommend to… Read Full Review

“poor service”

Written on: 13/06/2014 by lsReeves275 (1 review written)

booked a holiday to Dubai at the Virgin bluewater store. The flight times got changed 3 times. Made several phone calls to clarify the flight times no one called me back on 3 separate occasion eventually got the manager, then she failed to call me back. so i cancelled the holiday now they wont give the deposit back. very poor service for there failings… Read Full Review

Written on: 30/07/2014

Have you thought about litigation? I've personally sued Virgin Holidays twice and won both times - recovered £6900 for delayed baggage and over £1500 for misrepresentation. Google small claims lawyer. All the best.

“Helpful and make sure you negotiate”

Written on: 08/06/2014

After slight difficulties in getting the flights we wanted we were able to negotiate a good price for our 2 week honeymoon in Mauritius with a few freebies thrown in by Virgin. The internet Virgin Holidays portal was very useful and we were able to get flight details so we could book plane seats online in advance. The transfer Virgin arranged was through White Sand Tours who met us in the arrival lounge at the airport and we had a seamless transfer to the hotel. The Virgin rep in our hotel met… Read Full Review

“wrong juice!!”

Written on: 01/05/2014 by Patience348 (1 review written)

I got woken up at 5 am for breakfast when they asked what I wanted to drink. I said orange juice but they gave me apple juice! disgraceful… Read Full Review

“Paying for seats on plane”

Written on: 27/04/2014 by neveragain1966 (2 reviews written)

Just been told after paying in full that virgin now expect another £125 out of me to pre book my seats, this is a disgrace. Why wasnt i told this when i originally booked the holiday. Been with virgin last 3 yrs and never had to do this before. Just another scam by virgin to try and get even more money off you, already paid £5000 plus for flights. Company is a joke, never using them again… Read Full Review

“Don't use Virgin!”

Written on: 24/04/2014 by Brodyk489 (1 review written)

Booked with Virgin a holiday to Hong Kong, and would never use them again. Inadequate accommodation and poor customer care. Tried to complain but got no where. I've been to the Far East with other companies and never had a problem. Paid extra with Virgin and was bitterly disappointed. Would not recommend them. Am flying to Asia again this year and won' t consider using them… Read Full Review

“customer service joke”

Written on: 10/04/2014

do not use this company I have booked a holiday with these to las vegas and have had no return email as promised no help what so ever, they have lied too me and once have your money dont care one bit about ur holiday,they are a disgrace… Read Full Review

Jaynieb's Comment

Written on: 02/07/2014

Totally agree with you, we had an email about upgrading our hotel in San Francisco Virgin wanted an extra £244 to upgrade so researched the upgrade with my original hotel and there was no price difference !! was told "that is the price" feel they have had my money and don't care about aftercare,,complained to virgin but refused to address this issue so taking this further as I refused to be tricked !!!

Written on: 30/07/2014

google small claims lawyer and see how Virgin Holidays are losing holiday cases in court. Best regards

“Rockstar treatment!!”

Written on: 21/03/2014 by MikaylaGilliam (1 review written)

Booked with Virgin all inclusive, Virgin were fab from start to finish… Read Full Review

“ not worthy of 1 star”

Written on: 18/03/2014 by Dickinson144 (1 review written)

Booked with virgin holidays for 4 nights at the refinery hotel. When checking in the hotel told us they had us down for 5 nights. I informed them this was wrong as we were definitely only staying the 4. We did end up getting snowed there an extra day and night. After finally getting through to someone who actually wanted to speak to me we were told our flight had been moved and we had to move hotel to a 3 star for the extra night. At this point I remembered what the hotel said checking in and… Read Full Review

Cydneyjc's Comment

Written on: 18/03/2014

Just have add that the refinery hotel was amazing and couldn't of been more helpful in the situation

“New York abandoned”

Written on: 04/03/2014 by Shaniyac431 (1 review written)

We booked flights, hotel and transfers with virgin.flight was delayed but was ok .hotel was nice, and located centrally in New York. Issue was at the airport we had booked a transfer with virgin.after collecting baggage and clearing customs we were told to look for the virgin sign.We came into arrival and saw a man holding a virgin sign.We headed for him ,he told us to wait while he arranged a transfer. A driver approached us and asked if we were with virgin , baggage label gives this away, he… Read Full Review

Written on: 30/07/2014

if you google small claims lawyer you will see how Virgin have been taken to Court. Cheers

“Never use again!”

Written on: 19/01/2014 by Markfromlondon (1 review written)

Booked three nights in the Muse hotel New York, Never made it to hotel due to snow and flights unable to get there. Kimpton said they have not charged Virgin and to get my money back from them, Contacted Virgin through emails and phone calls, no replies to emails and calls just going around in circles, you would think the staff have to pay it back out of their own pocket. Never again! Do yourself a favour search around, you will get cheaper and better Service. Was going to use the no star… Read Full Review

Jake2005's Response to Markfromlondon's Review

Written on: 30/07/2014

google small claims lawyer - second on listing highlights a company that has sued Virgin and won - twice.

“Price match farce ”

Written on: 03/01/2014 by shots (1 review written)

Be careful of the acclaimed 'price match promise' this comes with conditions that are hidden away on the web site and which can leave you trapped with a Virgin holiday booking even though a cheaper option is available. I booked online with Virgin Holidays, trustworthy company and used them before with other holidays which were great , paid a deposit on the basis of the price match details on the FAQ section of the web site stated ' if you can find the exact same holiday elsewhere cheaper Virgin… Read Full Review

Disappointed-Tom's Response to shots's Review

Written on: 07/01/2014

Exactly the same has happened to my parents. I found them a deal that saved them over £1400 for the same holiday, but Virgin offered them nothing in return. Terrible!

Kerryandbrian's reply to Disappointed-Tom's Comment

Written on: 19/01/2014

The same here booked with virgin and now same holiday cheaper emailed told sorry but nothing they can do . Asked if I could cancelled as I could Redbook and safe myself over £1000 pound and was told yes but you will lose deposit .didn't think that's fair as the holiday was booked with virgin and the same holiday that's cheaper is all so with virgin ???

Carolb123's Response to shots's Review

Written on: 03/03/2014

I no longer use virgin holidays. Used them for all my holidays but now you do not get that personal touch which was the reason for my returning to them year after year. Still they ask blue ribbon prices but not blue ribbon service. You are no longer a valued customer, you are just a money making exercise. I now look and compare for weeks before booking and making a deposit. I will never use Virgin Holidays again. I would also look elsewhere for a flight, virgin once again have lowered their standards in that department also.

“turtle island expensive disaster and bad communication”

Written on: 27/12/2013

We booked our holiday in Nov 13 to malaysia , with Virgin holidays and were highly disappointed with the way they handle things, especially the one excursion to turtle island, which we prebooked and prepaid a lot of money for. Wehad to fly from north bborneo to east borneo where a boat was supposed to wait to take us to the island. The flight was delayed , sure not virgins fault , but when we arrived atvthe airport we were met by a rep to inform us thatthe boat had left without us and Iif we… Read Full Review