E&L Caravan Insurance Reviews - www.eandl.co.uk

E&L Caravan Insurance www.eandl.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for E&L Caravan Insurance www.eandl.co.uk

E&L Caravan Insurance www.eandl.co.uk

“E@L, Total waste of time and money! ”

Written on: 15/07/2016 by Zafira15 (1 review written)

E & L are robbers and won't pay out!!!! Our caravan was stolen a few weeks ago, it was loaded with all our stuff ready for us to go away on holiday,we've lost everything. We took out a claim but was told I must produce receipts for contents which I haven't got, things have been purchase through the years and if I did have the receipts they go blank over time anyway. They sent out a loss accessor to the farm where it was kept, he stated their are two entrance / exits,wrong! just one! They… Read Full Review

Helpihaveillegalcharactersinmyname's Response to Zafira15's Review

Written on: 20/07/2016

I've already commented elsewhere just now but I'll add to it by saying they asked us to provide receipts for every single item in the caravan.
How stupid is that? As caravan users we add to the contents of our vans as we go along and in all honesty who keeps receipts for a set of cutlery/crockery?

E&L are a total joke and need striking off!

Glad to read a more updated post from you Zafira and glad to see that you have taken it to the ombudsman. I hope you had enough for them to investigate because you have to exhaust every single avenue before they will listen.

With us it was that they couldn't prove what they were saying because it simply wasn't true. Sounds like you are in a similar position and if that's the case then ask them to show you proof of where they claim you said you kept the caravan. Also get pictures of the entry/exit point and also proof that it hasn't been a working farm for 12 years.
I think you've got a pretty good case here because it smacks of the rubbish we had to wade through before finally they paid us out in full!

Oh.....they paid us out in full for the caravan ........ which I accepted. Then I went back to them and offered them the opportunity to discuss a figure for the loss of contents. They paid that out in full as well.....no arguments. I couldn't provide receipts for towels and cutlery etc but I could provide receipts for microwave, halogen oven, awning, tv arial and other expensive items. I wasn't totally happy with that pay out but at least it covered 3/4 of the contents. What couldn't be replaced were recently added items from my childhood home after my father passed away. I had precious things (to me) in that caravan and given that I'd also undergone radical surgery for cancer just a month before the theft it hit me very hard.
The last thing that I needed was a pile of illiterate muppets trying to get out of honouring our insurance!
Good luck and please let us know how you get on.

“direct debit increased without notificstion”

Written on: 17/08/2014

Having recently retired and having time to review all direct debits I have realized that my direct debit for E & l have steadily increased over two years to double my initial agreement. I have had no postal notifications from them at all and will be taking legal advice on this… Read Full Review

“dog policy do not buy from this company does not pay out”

Written on: 02/07/2014 by 321suewilliams (1 review written)

BEWARE VERY SLOW TO RESPOND DOES NOT REPLY DOES NOT PAY OUT INCREASES POLICY AMOUNT EVEN IF YOU DON'T CLAIM, HIGH EXCESS FIND REASONS NOT TO PAY NEED PROOF HOW YOUR PET DIED AT YOUR EXPENSE VERY DISRESPECTFUL DO NOT BUY BE WARNED!!!… Read Full Review

Bill200255's Response to 321suewilliams's Review

Written on: 16/07/2014

Insurance companies are regulated. If they didn't pay out they would be closed down. It's not their fault if people don't read the terms and conditions of their policy.

“We had our caravan stolen last December. It was stored...”

Written on: 31/05/2014 by Helpihaveillegalcharactersinmyname (1 review written)

We had our caravan stolen last December. It was stored on a friends secure woodland site and behind steel gates. The gates and our locks were all broken and the van towed away and seen on CCTV. Insurers say we didn't inform them of where we stored the van and therefore won't pay out! They sent their loss adjuster who lied about the set up and said there was more then one entry/exit......not true! Just one entry/exit but the idiot adjuster couldn't see this! Still fighting our claim 6 months… Read Full Review

Helpihaveillegalcharactersinmyname's Response to Helpihaveillegalcharactersinmyname's Review

Written on: 07/07/2014

Finally our claim was met without having to take it further so if you find yourself in the same position as we were...........don't give up because that's what they are hoping you'll do.

Zafira15's Response to Helpihaveillegalcharactersinmyname's Review

Written on: 15/07/2016

Same with me! Our caravan was stolen a few weeks ago, took out a claim but was told I must produce receipts for contents which I no longer have. They sent out a loss accessor to the farm where it was kept, he stated their are two entrance / exits,wrong! just one! They won't pay out cause it's a working farm! Wrong, it hasn't been a working farm for about 12 years. They state that they weren't aware that it was kept at a farm and they wouldn't insure it their cause their insurance doesn't cover farm fields. The loss accessor says that it hasn't any fencing or gates! The one gate was removed when the caravan was stolen,the other had the chain cut, their is fencing around it,how can the loss accessor is these things when he is supposed to be the best at his job,as they told me? Our hitch lock and wheel clamp was removed but they want proof! How can I prove this when its gone? They have told me to put this down to experience and when I get another caravan, make sure they are aware of where it is kept! They must be having a joke, I can't afford another caravan and I wouldn't use them again if it was the last insurance in the world!! They haven't heard the last of this one cause I'm not going to give up! I have paid out for the insurance all these years and they are quick to take my money.

Helpihaveillegalcharactersinmyname's reply to Zafira15's Comment

Written on: 20/07/2016

Please don't give in.....this is what they want you to do. Answer every single thing that they throw at you. It could take a while because they will try to grind you down but be persistent and supply photo's wherever possible.
Keep every single correspondence with them as proof and when finally you have answered all of their questions and they are still giving you the knock back, tell them that you want your claim escalating to the claims manager and if you don't get any joy there you will be taking it to the insurance ombudsman.

I finally "got them" when they told me that I had supplied our home address as the address where the van was being stored! I asked them to supply proof of this and all they could supply was our home address being given as the address where the card holder lived! Nowhere at all did it say the caravan was stored there.

You have to be persistent and play them at their own game because they will string it out for as long as possible. This company really don't care about their clients and they employ muppets who are paid to be as belligerent as possible.

Good luck and I look forward to hearing about your successful claim.

Helpihaveillegalcharactersinmyname's reply to Zafira15's Comment

Written on: 20/07/2016

Good luck and I look forward to hearing about your successful claim.

“Do even consider them!”

Written on: 11/05/2014 by Albertoj302 (1 review written)

We insured our caravan for a number of years with entertainment and leisure. We then had our caravan stolen. Despite being told at the time of taking out the insurance that the security we had was sufficient, when we claimed we were told that we didn't meet the security requirements and they refused to pay us a penny. They also told us we had not given the correct storage address which was a total lie. It was only after involving the financial ombudsmen that they suddenly decided to change… Read Full Review

“take ya money and run”

Written on: 10/12/2013

we had our caravan coved by them we had hitch lock, alarm, wheel clamp, it was set on fire and destroyed, policy was up to date , AVOID AT ALL COSTS. IF YOU GO WITH THEM YOU ONLY HAVE YOUR SELF TO BLAME IF YOU TRY AND CLAIM… Read Full Review

“Do Not Use..”

Written on: 12/06/2013 by Thenoise (1 review written)

This company will take money and will do anything to get away without paying. If you have a claim with this company you MUST keep at it and complain to the Ombudsman. They will try to wear you down and make you submit. Keep all correspondence and write to Watchdog (the more the better) This company need to be exposed. Think how some pay for years without a claim but when they do the problem is revealed. This company only deals with certain kinds of insurance caravan,pets,student… Read Full Review

“Just got back from Aus to discover they removed £66...”

Written on: 29/05/2013

Just got back from Aus to discover they removed £66 pounds from my credit for renewal of caravan insurance I had with them last year. When I told them I no longer have a caravan they offered me a refund of £26. Insurance companies should not be allowed to automatically renew policies without some communication with the customer. I've been robbed, and was not overly impressed with the reaction I got from Barclaycard either, my card is going in the shredder… Read Full Review

“DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY”

Written on: 27/12/2012 by heidikris (1 review written)

For anyone considering insuring their caravan with this company PLEASE, PLEASE DONT. Our caravan which was 2 years old was stolen whilst in winter storage at the caravaning and camping club site at Walton On Thames, Surrey. We've not only lost the caravan but everything in it, TV, Hi - Fi, Bedding, saucepans and lots of personnal things. The insurance company have just informed us that they are not liable because there was no alarm on our van , even though they were told… Read Full Review

“scum insurance company”

Written on: 05/11/2011

had abrand new c/van stolen after 4mths along with 4others from inside alocked building.informed e/l who sent a loss ajuster ,he looked around where the van was been kept ,said he could see no prob with my claim.had a letter from e/l saying they would not pay as there was no alarm on the doors to the undercover storage area.this is dispite the c/van havin a alarm,hich lock & bull dog wheel clamp on.unable to get through the doors they took down a side wall then took all c/vans across afield… Read Full Review

“TERRIBLE CLAIMS HANDLING ”

Written on: 02/11/2011 by BROADSWORDCALLING (1 review written)

IN AS FEW WORDS AS POSSIBLE, THEY DO NOT ANSWER THE PHONE AND THE ONLY REPLY YOU GET TO AN EMAIL IS AN AUTOMATED ONE, IF YOU ARE LUCKY AND SPEAK TO A PERSON THEY DO NOT HELP. THEY DO NOT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING. BEWARE OF THE AUTOMATIC RENEWAL SYSTEM THAT THEY OPERATE, CANCEL IT!… Read Full Review

“IF YOU WANT INSURANCE CO THAT WILL RIP YOU OFF CHOOSE E&L”

Written on: 06/10/2011 by alanddee (1 review written)

I HAD BEEN INSURED BY THIS RIP OFF COMPANY FOR THREE YEARS AND THOUGHT THAT I HAD FULL COVER, AFTER ALL IT STATED SO IN THE POLICY. I MADE A CLAIM AND THEY REFUSED MY CLAIM AND WOULD NOT PAY OUT. HAD A RENEWAL THROUGH MY PREMIUM HAD GONE UP BY A WHOPPING 82% EVEN THOUGH THEY WOULD NOT PAY MY CLAIM. TO SAY THAT THIS COMPANY IS A RIP OFF COMPANY IS PUTTING IT MILDLY. STAY AWAY FROM THEM AND WARN ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS AND RELATIONS TO GO TO OTHER INSRANCE COMPANIES… Read Full Review

“E&HELL, CON ARTISTS”

Written on: 05/07/2011

THIS COMPANY IS NOTHING BUT A LOAD OF CON ARTISTS THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY AND PROMISE YOU FULL COVER, THEY EVEN GIVE YOU A POLICY THAT STATES THAT YOU HAVE FULL COVER, BUT WHEN YOU MAKE A CLAIM, AND ONLY AFTER YOU HAVE MADE A CLAIM, THEY THEN TELL YOU THAT YOU ARE NOT COVERED. I THOUGHT THAT I WAS FULLY COVERED AND INTO MY THIRD YEAR WITH THESE ROBBERS I HAD TO MAKE A CLAIM ONLY TO FIND OUT THAT MY POLICY IS WORTHLESS. EVERYTHING THAT THEY SAY IS COVERED IS NOT COVERED. IF YOU HAVE A POLICY WITH… Read Full Review

“i recently tried to make a claim for my static caravan...”

Written on: 26/04/2011

i recently tried to make a claim for my static caravan due to water damage after a few weeks of messing around sending quotes back and forth and assesors going in E and L informed me they would not pay out insurance as the caravan was not occupied at the time.In the small print they say between the 1st october and 31st march your caravan isnt insured if it is left for more than 24hrs at a time.If you do leave it for more than that you have to drain down and take out any valuables worth over… Read Full Review

“e&l insurance policy holder ”

Written on: 19/04/2011

e&l insurance policy holder
caravan got stolen i moved it from home to a locked compound to do season maintenance first night it was there it went missing
E&L said sorry you cannot claim due to not informing us
what a joke of an insurance company dont get shafted like i have… Read Full Review

Written on: 23/06/2011

In similar position because say I didn't inform them of temporary move to different storage area and it was stolen, now refused insurance payout

“Stay away from this company !!! ”

Written on: 31/03/2011

Stay away from this company !!!

Our caravan window was damaged by someone who wanted to gain access to our caravan to sleep in, several weeks after this happened we changed our caravan:I rang E&L to inform them of this and to get a new quote, to my surprise I was told that due to making a claim they would not insure us with our new van.

When I spoke to the caravan club they could not believe what had happened. The company is a total sham !!!… Read Full Review

“Please do not use this shower...They aren't known as...”

Written on: 30/12/2010

Please do not use this shower...They aren't known as E&HELL for nothing..They will not pay out!! Had my van stolen and their requirements for security are so tight you could not comply..took them to ombudsman and won..took a year to pay out..BUYER BEWARE… Read Full Review

Written on: 04/07/2011

Hi we have had the same problem with E & Hell!! Our case is with the ombudsman but seems to be taking for ever. This has given us a little hope.

Written on: 05/12/2011

How do you take them to Ombudsman?? We had our caravan stolen last week from storage and my partner contacted them on saturday when we found out. I feel really sick and worried we won't get a penny now and would love a new caravan. What can we do???

“Was looking for caravan insurance online and nearly...”

Written on: 27/10/2010 by Scanners (4 reviews written)

Was looking for caravan insurance online and nearly took out a policy with this company because it was very cheap. At last minute checked the security requirements (buried away on their website) and found that some very specific requirements which didn't suit my situation.

Then found this site so glad I didn't proceed after all.

Buyer beware!!… Read Full Review

Arhurmummy's Response to Scanners's Review

Written on: 05/08/2013

Absolutely right, I was about to press the button on line to insure my caravan via Go-Compare with this company when the AA insurance rang to give me a quote and suggested I read G and L's reviews before committing to them. Sooooo glad I did as all reviews indicate what a company they are without any concern or conscience for others ( but I bet they are loaded ! )

“Absolutely awful. Tried to make a legitimate...”

Written on: 05/10/2010

Absolutely awful. Tried to make a legitimate accidental damage claim and they would not pay. Also found out that they have been charging me more than double next most expensive for 5 yrs. Went onto insurance comparison site and even they were half of what they were charging me. Absolute rip off and they have no intention of covering what you pay for. Don't touch with a long pole… Read Full Review

“Stay away from these crooks.My caravan was stolen and...”

Written on: 09/09/2010

Stay away from these crooks.My caravan was stolen and these despicable people tried all in the weak power to not pay out although all criteria was met.Go to caravan guard.co.uk.