LG U8120 Reviews

• Style

LG U8120 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for LG U8120

LG U8120

“The LG U8120 mobile phone is OK, other than the...”

Written on: 16/01/2006 by sman8527 (1 review written)

The LG U8120 mobile phone is OK, other than the camera! The camera quality is really low, and the software keeps freezing, so I have to re-install the software at least once every two months… Read Full Review

LG U8120

“At first I did like the LGU8120 phone, the colour...”

Written on: 28/10/2005 by chaze88 (3 reviews written)

At first I did like the LGU8120 phone, the colour screen and easy keypad made a nice change from my old Siemens A50. I admit that it was 3's offer that made me buy this phone, however the signal is absolutely awful and reliability has been a problem.
4 months after buying this phone all of the menus got jumbled up: Inbox was called 'Divert Calls' and contacts was called 'Calculator'. The phone had to be wiped, leaving me with no videos or pictures. Although the Carphone Warehouse did it for me… Read Full Review

LG U8120

“My 12 month contract with Three runs out this month...”

Written on: 11/10/2005 by dianeavison (1 review written)

My 12 month contract with Three runs out this month and I can't wait! I too like others thought the contract was a good deal, and for minutes and texts the contract was good, the LG U8120 mobile phone and network however were a different story! I was unable to get a signal on a regular basis which would go on for miles, the phone would double up my text messages then crash! I have had to have the phone reprogrammed twice. It took a 30 minute phone call to give my 30 days notice, after which… Read Full Review

LG U8120

“I went on contract with three in October last year,...”

Written on: 11/09/2005 by teebag (1 review written)

I went on contract with three in October last year, and I had no problems for 3 months. The signal kept failing, and people couldn't get hold of me. I would have to go into my garden to make a phone call, and sometimes it still wouldn't connect. If someone rang me, the phone would act as if it was switched off and it wasn't. I would show people my phone was on, and they would phone me when they were stood next to me to try, and couldn't believe it. This would happen for days at a time. Now the… Read Full Review

LG U8120

“I bought the LG U8120 on contract last October...”

Written on: 19/08/2005 by girlracer2409 (3 reviews written)

I bought the LG U8120 on contract last October thinking I got a good deal. The phone worked ok for the first 2 months - ever since I've had no end of problems. It needed a software reflash then a software replacement and needed to be sent to '3'! The service from 3 was appalling! and the phone is still causing me problems I cant wait until my contract finishes… Read Full Review

209727_Teebag's Response to girlracer2409's Review

Written on: 11/09/2005

I went on the Three network in October last year. I had no problems with the phone or network until about Feburary this year. Phone kept having network problems, people kept telling me my phone is always switched off and it wasn't. Then I had problems using my phone in my home I had to go into my garden to make calls and keep walking round to keep the signal. Now all of a sudden the phone isn't working. I have tried charging it at home and in the car but get nothing. In October I will be CANCELLING my contract with THREE and can't wait. I was told by friends and family that THREE was no good and they were correct.
<br>THREE need to sort themselves out because I know too many people now that have these problems and most of all have people who can understand you and the problems that you have when you phone 333.

“Very good”

Written on: 16/08/2005 by m (2 reviews written)

Very good… Read Full Review

Domjon's Response to m's Review

Written on: 16/07/2006

There is NO bluetooth.

LG U8120

“If you decide to buy this phone, think first. I got...”

Written on: 06/08/2005 by kezza28 (2 reviews written)

If you decide to buy this phone, think first. I got this phone on contract, and thank god my contract has ended. The amount of times I have had to take this phone back to the shop, regarding the various problems I have had, was unbelievable. Also, if you ever phone 3, don't, because they are not at all helpful. My advice... steer clear of the phone, and the company 3… Read Full Review

LG U8120

“LG U8120 - Where do I start?? For two months the phone...”

Written on: 28/07/2005 by PhilWalsham (17 reviews written)

LG U8120 - Where do I start?? For two months the phone was great then the problems started. Once I had had the phone software re-set twice I decided to speak to someone a little higher up in the ranks, which rewarded me with a new phone after 3 months but it wasn't much better. The phone/PC software is good for saving contacts but without being able to send messages back onto the it starts to lose its appeal. The video and picture quality is quite good but the flash/light just isn't good enough… Read Full Review

LG U8120

“LG U8120 - Great phone altogether. LG know how to make...”

Written on: 23/07/2005 by felix04 (8 reviews written)

LG U8120 - Great phone altogether. LG know how to make good phones. Wide range of downloadable games - I never get bored! The fantastic clamshell design, with flash which is not very bright, but enough. I like the choice you get to change the colour of the outer screen, which is a great difference. Easy to use, good battery life despite how many times I used it when I first got it!

Threepay is also a good network, the £15 credit lasts for ages... I have full music videos from just 75p!

Great… Read Full Review

LG U8120

“The LG U8120 phone is fantastic the only thing is that...”

Written on: 19/07/2005 by Dominic field (1 review written)

The LG U8120 phone is fantastic the only thing is that the infared port is for the data cable so you cant download off other peoples phones. This is juch better than my old phone. Word of advice do not by the LG C2200 it crashes all the time deletes contacts freezes for hours this phone is cursed… Read Full Review

LG U8120

“I received the LG U8120 at the beginning of October...”

Written on: 04/07/2005 by Uniquename (1 review written)

I received the LG U8120 at the beginning of October 2004, at a time when the problems with this model were little known.

The problems manifested themselves in many and varied ways, many of which have been catalogued in reviews on this site, and many others.
The solution to my problem,(and I would suspect) the majority of users, was to have the software inside the phone 're-flashed'.

Once the diagnosis had been established, the phone was returned to me within two days, and I have used it ever… Read Full Review

LG U8120

“The LG U8120 handset has given me grief from day one...”

Written on: 13/06/2005 by kitten28 (10 reviews written)

The LG U8120 handset has given me grief from day one when it took three days to actually make any calls/ texts. Turns itself off on a weekly basis. Phone died six weeks ago and took their warranty people 5 weeks to sort out a replacement as they lost my phone when it went for repair. Very very useless… Read Full Review

Written on: 28/07/2005

I completely agree with this review. The phone itself its actually OK (battery life not great but the screen quality is fantastic) but the software is tragic. An absolute horror of a phone - as soon as my contract ends i'll be switching network and phone!!

Kitten28's Response to kitten28's Review

Written on: 30/06/2006

I eventually got a £45 credit and cancelled the contract in October, took forever though and ofcom helped a little but they were unable to force 3 to do anything.
<br>Would never ever go back or recommend them, glad you got some money back too!

Written on: 29/06/2006

Did you get anywhere with Ofcom? I got a rebate from LG in the end because my phone was so bad - Have had a SE K750i since and it's been fab!

Written on: 29/07/2005

Good for you kitten. They need to know they can't just push garbage phones onto the public and hope to get away with it. I hope you get some compensation. Good Luck.

Kitten28's Response to kitten28's Review

Written on: 29/07/2005

Am still having problems with the replacement phone (repair centre lost mine) and currently getting Ofcom involved as they have not honoured my agreed credit!

LG U8120

“1) broke down when I was sending a text and it...”

Written on: 09/06/2005 by sirbop (1 review written)

1) broke down when I was sending a text and it wouldn't load up again, so I lost all the contact information. ie. It wouldn't turn on.

2) Rang e2save who said they would get in touch with me, for almost 4 weeks I rang again and again, asking when the hell they were gonna call. They kept on assuring me they would, I could do nothing I was left waiting and had exams to worry about at the time. So I used my spare Orange pay as you go phone, hoping that e2save would reimburse me, but I got… Read Full Review

LG U8120

“I'd love to go into specifics about how bad my...”

Written on: 23/05/2005 by heapschenko (1 review written)

I'd love to go into specifics about how bad my experience with 3 mobile has been but I really could not get it all into this space and it would contain several expletives. 3 are a con. Simple as. They have appalling customer service and a truly shocking "free" handset. Mine has been faulty for sometime but I just decided to leave it thinking I could get away with not sending it back. It definitely needs to go back now. It's bulky and so unreliable. Recently I went away for a week and seldom… Read Full Review

LG U8120

“Wow what can I say, I have read other reviews which...”

Written on: 13/05/2005 by emmagrace2100 (2 reviews written)

Wow what can I say, I have read other reviews which mimic my own experience with this phone, I say this tongue in cheek because to call it a phone you should actually be able to make calls! Which I'm not and for the 2nd time in a month. The 1st time the mouthpiece went so that I could hear the other person but all they could hear was static, 3 replaced it with a re-conditioned phone, 2 weeks later the phone breaks again, this time no signal at all, its that bad 3 are sending me an upgrade to… Read Full Review

LG U8120

“Like many others I was lured in September 2004 by the...”

Written on: 19/04/2005 by vanessarigby (1 review written)

Like many others I was lured in September 2004 by the great tariff offered by 3 and I was extremely excited for the first 3 months as it was my first camera phone. Then it broke, i was advised to take it to a carphone warehouse to get it "reflashed?" but most carphone warehouses refuse to do it anymore because there have been so many problems...strange??? So I had to make my way into Manchester town centre and stay there for 4 hours whilst it was done...two months later it happened again, I… Read Full Review

LG U8120

“OK I wrote a review back in December of my LG U8120...”

Written on: 04/04/2005 by mtbab (8 reviews written)

OK I wrote a review back in December of my LG U8120 but since then a lot has happened, the phone camera the spring is broken so I can't make video calls unless I hold the back of the camera, and now just recently the camera doesn't even work anymore!!! I give up with it… Read Full Review

Mtbab's Response to mtbab's Review

Written on: 14/04/2005

I have now gone back to the link and after two hours of arguing with them I have got a Motorola e1000 to finish off the rest of my contract!! Wicked phone!!

LG U8120

“Where do I start? September 2004, something made me...”

Written on: 28/03/2005 by jimbobeats (2 reviews written)

Where do I start? September 2004, something made me buy this phone, with it's stylish looks and decent specification, plus a decent tariff from 3. Since then, it's all down hill!

One month after ownership, the whole phone died whilst I was typing a text message, ring up 3, came and picked it up the next day, and two days later, get a whole new handset as the phone was 'beyond repair'. I thought it was plain sailing from here on, but now, the phone crackles during a call, people have hung up… Read Full Review

LG U8120

“Over all the LG U8120 is good and the phone is not at...”

Written on: 01/02/2005 by jessiedaone (1 review written)

Over all the LG U8120 is good and the phone is not at fault for the providers part, but they should have sites for free ringtones… Read Full Review

LG U8120

“The LG U8120 phone is just rubbish and the only nice...”

Written on: 18/01/2005 by ravybaby (1 review written)

The LG U8120 phone is just rubbish and the only nice thing about it is how it looks. (See Bad Points)… Read Full Review