Cheap Car Rental Reviews

Cheap Car Rental - Ask a question now

“Poor service from pushy salesman”

Written on: 28/07/2013

Avoid Lois at Alamo LAX! After reading numerous reviews on trip advisor we were fully aware of what to expect upon arrival at Alamo. What we hadn't taken into account was the fact that we where about to experience the obnoxious sales patter of Lois! Whilst friendly at first, as we subsequently started to decline all his upselling e.g sat nav, additional insurance (which we already had), bigger car (you get to chose your car from a wide selection in your category) his mood switched. He was… Read Full Review

“Excellent”

Written on: 02/07/2012 by Marcel.n (1 review written)

Good Price Helpfull Booking service Voucher came quick Car rental desk efficient New Car… Read Full Review

Prettymiri's Response to Marcel.n's Review

Written on: 18/07/2013

Whatever you do please do not rent from cheapcarrental.net ! They will take your money even if you do not pick up the vehicle. They say they are going to "hold your card," when in actuality they charge it. They would not refund our money even when we did not pick up the vehicle!

“I thought Miami airport gave poor instructions to the...”

Written on: 12/03/2011

I thought Miami airport gave poor instructions to the rental car desks but the Instructions on the voucher were good enough. Then there was a bit of a queue at the Dollar desk but suddenly six agents came on duty and the queue vanished . After that it waqs good all the way. I was fortunate I had a virtually new car.

Guest's Comment

Written on: 11/07/2011

Thank You Sir. You wrote very good information about Car if you want to know more information about Cheap Rental Cars company visit here- http://www.avis.co.in

“Having walked in to book my car rental last year I...”

Written on: 15/02/2011

Having walked in to book my car rental last year I discovered this was an expensive mistake as I had to pay more than I expected. This year I booked through cheap car rentl.com and the price I paid was a lot cheaper although I had to pay at the time of booking. Apart from that everything was the same and the car was provided by Dollar and it was fine but lots cheaper… Read Full Review

“Did exactly as it said 'on the tin'. Car quote &...”

Written on: 24/10/2010

Did exactly as it said 'on the tin'. Car quote & booking was quick and easy. The car supplied was exactly as booked and the whole process was exactly as we expected. As there was nothing wrong I award 5-stars… Read Full Review

“Found cheap-car-rental.com on the internet and found...”

Written on: 23/08/2010

Found cheap-car-rental.com on the internet and found their website quick and easy to use and the voucher came immediatly. When I had to change the reservation (BA strike) the staff were exceptionally helpful.

The Dollar staff were helpful and offered extras such as toll pass no pressure but all the necessary 'extras' were included in the price. A map was given how to get out of the car park and how to return.

The car was shiney clean and new, no dents or scratches.

Overall an excellent… Read Full Review

“I have rented from Cheap-Car-Rental several years,...”

Written on: 16/07/2010

I have rented from Cheap-Car-Rental several years, without complaint.
But this year we rented the car in my wife's name, and when she checked out the car, she got screwed. Consequently, when we returned the car, she was charged a couple of hundred of dollars more.
(She was not aware of the ruthless sales people at the checkout desk, who had her sign EVERYWHERE. I am.)

In my country in Europe, a voucher is a voucher, with NO EXTRA costs.

But we will continue to rent from Cheap-Car-Rental, but… Read Full Review

Prettymiri's Comment

Written on: 18/07/2013

I completely agree! We were charged and did not even pick up the vehicle....when contacting customer care they were unprofessional and lied about their terms and conditions. I still have not been reimbursed.

“I have been renting a car from cheap-car-rentals...”

Written on: 15/06/2008 by Janice C (1 review written)

I have been renting a car from cheap-car-rentals through Dollar for 5 months now and I still have a contract until August, 2008. As far as I can see there have been no problems whatsoever the staff are extremely helpful at Dollar and providing you have the voucher which is sent to your by E-mail then the car is booked. There was E-mail contact on the vouchers and prompt service. Exceptional hire prices for people outside of USA. Have recommended to three customers all of whom have had good… Read Full Review

“I booked a car to spend new year with my family in Miami. ”

Written on: 30/12/2007 by gasalval (1 review written)

I booked a car to spend new year with my family in Miami.
Although it was only to days to pick up time the staff at the callcetntre did everything possible to find a big car for me.
Excellent service.

☆☆☆☆☆

“Don't book anything with cheap-car-rental.com. I...”

Written on: 23/12/2004 by jnetscher (1 review written)

Don't book anything with cheap-car-rental.com. I booked a car a couple of months ago for the Christmas period due to be picked up today (23/12/04). Called yesterday to confirm and was told all was ok. Got a call this morning to say that the booking company hadn't paid the car rental agency and my car was cancelled and given to someone else. And now there is no-one answering on any of the numbers - UK or US.

My money's gone and there's no car… Read Full Review

Jnetscher's Response to jnetscher's Review

Written on: 20/04/2005

Finally got the cash back from Cheap Car Rental and an apology (over a month later). This was more than I got from 1Car1 who waited until the day of my booking to tell that it had been cancelled, despite knowing for a month.

Nairdels's Response to jnetscher's Review

Written on: 26/06/2006

I've just booked a car with them for my trip to New York. They have sent me my voucher etc. and the car will be rented to me through Dollar car rental. Would you recommend that I contact the car rental place in New York directly to double check with them that all is ok? I'm a bit nervous now I've read these reviews!

Nikbj68's Response to jnetscher's Review

Written on: 21/11/2005

I have still had no response from Cheap car rentals, so no, I would not use them personally. I`m out the cost of car hire, and can find no way of making 'real' contact to sort it out.
<br>Cheers, Nik.

Koke's Response to jnetscher's Review

Written on: 19/11/2005

I am intending on using Cheap-Car-Rental.com when I go to Canada for Christmas. Would you advise me against using them for car hire? Their rates seem to be the cheapest.
<br>Thanks
<br>Regards
<br>Koke

Jnetscher's Response to jnetscher's Review

Written on: 09/11/2005

I eventually got through to them via email:
<br>callcentre@cheap-car-rental.com. The person who confirmed my refund was Justine Botto. It did take a while though... Good luck!

Nikbj68's Response to jnetscher's Review

Written on: 08/11/2005

Hi. How did you go about getting your money back from Cheapcars.com? In Sept `05, I booked a car in Italy through them, paid £180, had the holiday, car was great. Today, Nov `05, I get an invoice from the car company saying that Global Cars/Cheap Car Rental.com have defaulted payment and they have now billed me too!
<br>The phone lines go straight to a 'full' answermachine. HELP!!!!!!