Volkswagen Polo 1.0 E Reviews

Volkswagen Polo 1.0 E
Volkswagen Polo 1.0 E

“my polo 1.0 ”

Written on: 04/01/2013

baught the car in 2012, with 54,000 miles, i paid £1300, im a young driver and im 18. If someone asked me about a polo i would recommend one, it feels great to drive and very strong/firm etc, looks very ,modern for a 2001 reg car, as i am young and dumb i have tested the performance of my little car and the result is excellent, keeps up with 1.2's handles well, tidy car all round, i had to change various parts on my polo e.g clutch, gear box, clutch cable etc. These parts were changed because… Read Full Review

“Bought a 2001 polo 1.0l firstly I needed to replace...”

Written on: 19/02/2011

Bought a 2001 polo 1.0l firstly I needed to replace leads as they were damaged due to being too close to the exhaust manifold. Next thing was the ignition switch failed and would start. Next thing was that the cluch pedal needed a brace fitted as it was nearly impossible to put it into some gears. Overall it was disappointing for a VW I thought they were reliable but it wasnt. Now I drive a Mercedes c180 completely different class of car… Read Full Review

“I have a Volkswagen polo E 1.0L I have had a couple of...”

Written on: 18/02/2011

I have a Volkswagen polo E 1.0L I have had a couple of problem's with it but not what a Heinz manual couldn't sort. But also in all fairness I have had training in vehicle mechanics, I have had problem's with the clutch and pedals but it is due to having a heavy clutch foot, the car is jerky because the carburettor is electronic and works off a electro magnet the only way you could combat that its if you buy a old school carburettor that works off a cable.

But on the whole I find the car easy… Read Full Review

“I owned my 2001 1.0E for six years and the longer I...”

Written on: 16/06/2010

I owned my 2001 1.0E for six years and the longer I had it the more I liked it.

When I first got it I spent the first 6 months finding novel little touches that demonstrated the mindset of the designers: no flash gimmicks, just solid, innovative solutions that made the car function better. The overall build quality was predictably first-class and even aged nine there were no leaks and no squeaks. In fact the best demonstration I can give is that I only parted with the car after a pretty hefty… Read Full Review

“The shape and size is excellent it drives and sounds...”

Written on: 22/04/2008 by ed1987 (1 review written)

The shape and size is excellent it drives and sounds really good the ajustable steering wheel if u put too much pressure on the steering wheen then the ajustmant latch comes down and your steering wheel goes up and down wil you are driving and could cause an accident. Nice… Read Full Review

“My current car is one of these Volkswagen Polo 1.0 E...”

Written on: 15/07/2005 by fjaff (1 review written)

My current car is one of these Volkswagen Polo 1.0 E City Cars, I am not at all happy with it. I have encountered many problems with it, something always seems to go wrong.

After the car's engine gets at a higher temp, the gear stick becomes harder to shift and sometimes gets stuck.

I had to replace the pedal box, clutch and clutch cable. All the mechanics that I know and have visited say that these Polo's have the common problem of the pedal box failing. It cost me £400 to fit and replace… Read Full Review

“I've had my Volkswagen Polo 1.0 E City Car since sept...”

Written on: 03/02/2005 by dlawson5 (1 review written)

I've had my Volkswagen Polo 1.0 E City Car since sept 2000, the car itself has been great, good little runner from A-B.

There was a repeat fault with the ECU, resulting in the engine cutting out or oil warning lights coming on, however, the service received with the dealership meant that the part was replaced under warranty, and a free courtesy car was given during the repair time.

The handling of the car is generally very good. When pushing hard round tight corners there tends to be a lot of… Read Full Review

“I've had my VW Polo E for around 2 years now and it's...”

Written on: 24/08/2002 by Witchfinder. (1 review written)

I've had my VW Polo E for around 2 years now and it's done roughly 23,000 miles. The only real problems I've had with it are a one-off failure to start (apparently a known fault, VW replaced the ignition switch FOC), some dodgy electrics (phantom warning lights for boot and engine management system - fixed no problem), and occasional refusal to go into 1st gear.

Despite this, the Polo's been nice to me. It's sturdy, and the interior is comfortable and looks good. People often comment on how… Read Full Review

48917_Witchfinder.'s Response to 34644_Witchfinder.'s Review

Written on: 06/11/2002

My apologies, the last line of the review should read Skoda Fabia, not Felicia.

I have since exchanged my Polo of a Skoda Octavia vRS - a different car in so many respects, and far superior in all of them.

Seank3's Response to 34644_Witchfinder.'s Review

Written on: 23/10/2003

just want to update my comment i made a while ago.
<br>
<br>Turns out that the pressure sensor that the vw garage told me to get didn't fix the problem. The problem with the car reving by itself was due to the throttle body needing stripped and cleaned and this fixed the problem. It still needs an oil seperator to stop this happening again but at least it is running better.
<br>
<br>I was also wanting to ask anyone who has had problems with their window wipers. When I started the car up today the back and front wipers won't turn off. I had to take out the fuses for them but I don't like driving the car without working wipers. If anyone can help me fix this I would be grateful. Thanks!

Thewitchfinder's Response to 34644_Witchfinder.'s Review

Written on: 24/09/2003

ECU management chips usually only provide a significant performance increase for turbo engines, usually by altering the boost pressure. VAG 1.8T engines are a prime example of this, found in Audis, Skodas, Seats and Volkswagens. Naturally aspirated engines are much less receptive to tuning.
<br>
<br>When I wrote the above review, I wasn't far wrong about the estimated value. I got £4500 trade-in about 3 months later when I bought a Skoda Octavia vRS.

Seank3's Response to 34644_Witchfinder.'s Review

Written on: 23/09/2003

I also own a vw Polo and have had the following problems that you should watch out for:
<br>
<br>My abs system sometimes fails for no reason(VW can`t find anything wrong)
<br>
<br>I need to get an absolute pressure sensor. You will know when you need this as the car will rev by it`s self when idleing and its very annoying and quite expensive to fix.
<br>
<br>There is a way to get more power from your vw polo. You can buy modication chips that connect to your epc unit. These are very pricey but there are cheaper items that trick the epc and increase the petrol and air going into your engine giving you an extra 20 bhp but ive never tried it as it may damage the epc.
<br>
<br>You can also try Shell`s Optimax unleaded petrol. It doesnt give that much power but I did notice the difference in smoothness and a reduction in engine noise.

“The VW Polo dash has had a makeover which you either...”

Written on: 14/08/2001 by Paul. (1 review written)

The VW Polo dash has had a makeover which you either love or hate. Unusual for VW to be so bold. I think VW should improve the Polo's brakes like they have on the Golf range… Read Full Review