Czech Airlines Reviews

• Comfort on flight

• Quality of Entertainment

• Quality of food

Czech Airlines - Ask a question now

“Upgrade OK Plus programme”

Written on: 01/09/2014 by ivarga (1 review written)

I have OK Plus Silver card and I have Y class ticket which means that the rules of OK Plus program I could ask upgrade business seat. I know this upgrade is available on the flight from Prague to Samara. The ground handling team not able to give upgrade boarding pass in Budapest that is why I regularly used to ask this upgrade during transfer in Prague. This time I wanted to do this too. But the OK789 flight from Budapest was delayed. I reached to the Czech Airlines transfer desk just before… Read Full Review

“BOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!”

Written on: 08/09/2013 by nevenkab (1 review written)

THE WORST EXPIRAENCE EVER!!!LOST OUR LUGGAGE FOR TWO DAYS.THEY PRETEND THAT NEVER GOT OUR CLAIM AFTER THREE TIMES WHEN WE SENT IT. NO HELP!!!!!BOOO TO YOU CZECH AIRLINES!!!!!… Read Full Review

“Avoid at all costs”

Written on: 15/08/2013

Avoid at all costs. We booked a flight PRG-NCE. CSA canceled the flight 1 month in advance and proposed either a flight the previous day or the following, PAYING 50 EUR for the SAME booking class. During several e-mail exchanges customer service shower a total lack of respect in communication and refused to re-book for the following day. Finally they addressed us to a form on a web site of we wanted to bring this matter further. The form on the web site does not even work. They went as… Read Full Review

“Very bad customer service”

Written on: 05/10/2012

Bad service. Impossible to get in touch with Customer Service, tried for hours. When I succeeded, the staff was unhelpful, almost rude… Read Full Review

“Happy New Year”

Written on: 11/03/2012

We flew from Oslo to Odessa with an overnight stay in Prague on 28-29 December 2011. They bought a bunch of gifts to relatives and friends. Stole everything: laptop, GPS. camera, camera down, gifts, clothing. Do not shun even the used clothing! Left with only my underwear and set the baking dish. Probably does not like to cook! So we got half-empty bags in Odessa! In our application the Czechs replied that expensive things we do not have the right to carry in the luggage compartment, and the… Read Full Review

“Kamikaze pilots”

Written on: 10/10/2011 by BadaBoom (1 review written)

I gave this airline 1 star for one simple reason - they don't know how to fly their planes and their pilots are simply DANGEROUS. We flew with them PRG - CDG (Prague - Paris). The service was fine. Considering the fact that Czecks hate Russians, I'd even say it was good, meaning they ignored us as much as any other passengers. In the airport e-checking works fine but there's a catch - there are no baggage drop-off, so you have to stand in line anyway to check it in. But the tickets were cheap… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to BadaBoom's Review

Written on: 25/05/2012

People!!!! Do NOT use czech air lane. it is waste of your money and lot of nerves. i was told that i bought my ticket on cheapticket.com that's why my service is cheap. Horrible trip horrible stuff.

“I expect CSA to be a proper airlines when I booked my...”

Written on: 17/01/2011

I expect CSA to be a proper airlines when I booked my tickets to their flight, in contrast what I received was that CSA damaged my luggage and made no effort for compensation. I met ignorance and cynism all the way of the damaged bagage handling and the ground crews attitude is unacceptable. They didn't handle me as a real customer… Read Full Review

“Sofia, Bulgaria staff were rude and confrontational. ...”

Written on: 11/11/2010

Sofia, Bulgaria staff were rude and confrontational. They charged me 330 Euro for an extra bag even though I was clearly authorized because I'm Delta Sky Miles Gold member. The supervisor for Czech airlines on duty at the time actually insulted my new Bulgarian wife. When I asked them to look up the baggage policy on their own website they wouldn't do it and said I had to print out the policy and bring it in to them. Of course then I would have missed my flight. As a side comment the… Read Full Review

Badaboom's Comment

Can't agree more!

“I prepared myself for the worst as Czech airlines was...”

Written on: 27/06/2010

I prepared myself for the worst as Czech airlines was much cheaper than other airlines on this route. All was comfortable, food was no good at all but what can be expected for a cheaper ticket. Surprised that a woman passenger was allowed to travel with 3 children of whom 2 were under the age of 2. I had read about ignorance towards safety regulations though, this is a concern. Would fly them again as they saved me a lot of money… Read Full Review

“Check-in in BEY added a laptop to my overall luggage...”

Written on: 04/03/2010

Check-in in BEY added a laptop to my overall luggage allowance, and subsequently charged overweight.

(Weight without laptop would have been 2kg below allowance)

I really wonder which part on the back of their own tickets they didn't understand: "Some articles (... small personal computer ...) are free over
and above the free baggage allowance when retained in your custody"

Refusing to pay would have been futile, as I would have been denied boarding.

So I complained to customer service… Read Full Review

Written on: 01/05/2011

I fly often BEY-PRG and vide-versa. The staff at BEY is very strict, but in fact they just follow the rules. The same is hapenning to other companies. For example the Turkish Airways at VIE. These are the local handling companies that do not want to be fined by the actual air company. Therefore, they instructed the staff to be strict. The conditions clearly say that passenger may transport additional small items, but these MUST FIT within the weight limit, INCLUDIG DUTY FREE PURCHASES. It is still better than British Airways, because they allow only a single item, so ladies have to pact their handbags into the carry on luggage. Lufthansa is equipped at Frankfurt airport to checks in overveight luggage at boarding gates. So the airlines found that passengers often trasnported carry on heavier than check-in luggage, and they decided to put this into order. That is called making an order.

“I have used CSA a few times in the past 10 years as a...”

Written on: 22/11/2009

I have used CSA a few times in the past 10 years as a good value for money service. I haven't experienced any problems. It might be because I do not travel overloaded by luggage. I can say that nonative Czech citizens are usually served with more attention. Problems and accidents happen. I apologize to the customers for the inconviniences despite the fact I am not a CSA employe but I am native from Prague. Some experience from Prague would you help to forget about yout flight… Read Full Review

Written on: 01/05/2011

I am not an employee of CSA, and I am not a native of Prague, even I am not a native of the Czech Republic. However, I feel that some passengers would like to be treated like kings, just because they booked on a company from "Eastern" Europe (in fact it is Central Europe). They complained about weight limits, but these are the same for all companies, and all companies imposed a stricted respect. They also complained about the passport control in Prague, but it is not only the right of Czech authorities to be strict, but also an obligation to other Shengen countries. Finally they expect their status cards with other Sky Team members accepted by CSA, while other Sky Team members do not accept OK Plus card. I know, because I have one -- it works only for counting miles (even that I have to claim after the flight). And when it comes to the lost luggage, I was badly treated by Air France staff at JFK, after the Air France staff at CDG lied that my luggage from BEY-CDG was transferred to CDG-JFK. So CSA provides good value for money, and those who purchased economy should expect economy class service.

Badaboom's Comment

Written on: 05/04/2012

LOL! Yeah right. Prague experience sure helped me forget CSA terrible service. No thanks, no more of your "wonderful" city anymore.

“Never, ever, fly Czech Airlines [CSA] -- their motto...”

Written on: 25/10/2009 by alexanderhh (1 review written)

Never, ever, fly Czech Airlines [CSA] -- their motto is the old communist "screw the customer". Flight was good, but if anything ever goes wrong you'll always regret it! They lost all my luggage flying to Prague [can happen]. Horror story is getting it back -- LYING about everything. Swindlers like this should be put out of business. They were clearly in possession of my luggage, but they prefer flying cargo and get paid top $$ than return it. Called Customer Service in Prague and their answer… Read Full Review

Jr1961's Response to alexanderhh's Review

Written on: 01/05/2011

I was surprised by reading that there were passport controls at Prague airport. I assume that the reviewer is American, and that he agrees with the entry procedures at the US. Does he deny the same right to the Czech Republic? In case that the flight arrives from non-Shengen airport, there are two checks -- 1. At the exit of the airport (exectly as I experienced at JFK or at Washington Dulles), and this check would select those who flagrantly arrived without valid documents and have to be deported at the costs of the company. The second is the regular passport control. Like in the US, the passport control is separate for citizens and foreigners (under citizens they understand all EU countries).
<br/>
<br/>The frequent flyer programme of the Czech Airlines is called OK Plus. One does need their silver of gold card to have privileges for a flight operated by their company. This is typical for the Sky Team, other aliance members do not honour OK Plus frequest status. Czech airlines have a card matching programme -- they would issue their own card with the same status that the traveller has at another Sky Team member. However, this has to be requested in advance, not at the airport. It is complicated, but this is how the Sky Team works. It is a bad alliance, don't blame a single company for it. Delta behaves the same way to frequent passengers of partner airlines.

“Czech Airlines is the WORST airline I've ever flown....”

Written on: 13/09/2009

Czech Airlines is the WORST airline I've ever flown. On a transatlantic flight they only serve one beer and one shot of liquor; when I went back to the galley for a night cap, which I would've paid for, the flight attendants were all doing shots and yelled 'WE'RE ON A BREAK, GO AWAY!" The food was inedible, dry and smelly. Prague airport is a lousy place to connect through. On another segment from Krakow to Zurich, the connecting flight was delayed for hours and no apologies/upgrades/anything… Read Full Review

Written on: 01/05/2011

CSA fly Krakow to Zurich? It does not match neither with the timetable, neither with European policies.

☆☆☆☆☆

“Parents flew in MXP-PRG-YUL last year. 45-minute...”

Written on: 05/12/2008

Parents flew in MXP-PRG-YUL last year. 45-minute connection in Prague shortened to 25. They had to run through the airport and were told the flight had already departed by airport staff (it hadn't). On arrival in YUL the fireworks begin: their bags were left in Prague. In order to contact the CSA rep at YUL I had to ask the local management to frogmarch the rep to the phone.
The baggage tracking service is beyond contempt. Aside understanding what I told them (and my English is perfect, mind… Read Full Review

“Alright in-flight snack. Extremely rude staff at check...”

Written on: 23/11/2008

Alright in-flight snack. Extremely rude staff at check in counter. I would not recommend Czech Airlines… Read Full Review

“They lost one of our bags, which isn't terrible; I...”

Written on: 05/09/2008 by shamardon (1 review written)

They lost one of our bags, which isn't terrible; I accepted it as an inevitable part of frequent travelling. We made the most of our vacation despite the baggage loss, though we had to do some considerable reorganizing at our expense. The real trouble came when we tried to get a hold of our bag. First we were told it would be in London in 2 days. Then, a week later, we had to head home to Canada, and it still wasn't in London. Long story short, it was 23 days before we got our bag back, and the… Read Full Review

“”

Written on: 19/02/2008 by lav senior (1 review written)

Our bags were loaded on, then taken off and after one in the morning they started to bring us to hotels, families first which was undoubtedly fair as there were children there barely infants. However it mean that my crew, the 21 - 32 markers, didn't get to bed until after 2.
We were also told to be ready by half 10 next morning, however the next day we were told that we might not fly this week! I had work to go to and had already missed a day as had my friends. We finally left our hotel at 5 O'… Read Full Review

Badaboom's Response to lav senior's Review

Written on: 05/04/2012

SEATS were comfortable!? I hope you come back to answer which aircraft you flew. We flew A320 and the seats were worse than (I presume) in a third-world prison. Thin cushions, narrow (narrowest I've seen on A320!), terribly cramped. SkyTeam really should kick them out!

“From my personal experience, I don't recommend flying...”

Written on: 29/05/2007 by acgregory (1 review written)

From my personal experience, I don't recommend flying Czech Airlines during busy holiday periods. I was disgusted to learn on arrival at check-in the flight had been over booked by 15 - 20 seats, over an hour before the check-in closed. As a result we were bumped off the flight, despite having booked months in advance. Both check-in attendants gave different reasons for the problem such as two broken seats and one told us "this sort of thing (overbooking) happens all the time." Czech Airlines… Read Full Review

“I am stationed in Paris for a month and had to go to...”

Written on: 02/11/2006 by Khadine Henriquez (1 review written)

I am stationed in Paris for a month and had to go to Bulgaria for a conference. I packed some suitable clothes for business meetings and a 3 day Real Estate Show, where I was presenting for 3 whole days. I packed everything in my carry on.

The Czech Airlines flight attendant at Paris airport told me to check-in my suitcase because since everybody carries-on, perhaps the plane would not have much space. I should have been suspicious about the whole thing. Each passenger has a carry on space… Read Full Review

Jr1961's Response to Khadine Henriquez's Review

Written on: 01/05/2011

It appears to me that it was the flight attendant, so you were told to put your carry on into hold. Otherwise it would not be the flight attendant, but the check-in attendant. If it is like this, you have to colleact you luggage at aitcraft, when disembarking (in such case you would have a luggage tag stating "Delivery at aircraft". So my question is: Was it the flight attendant, or was it the check-in attendant. I would not check in my luggage, I would simply insist that I carry it, and they put it into hold and return it at aircraft. Many companies do this.

“Fly yearly about 40 times with Czech Airlines. Am very...”

Written on: 09/10/2005 by Altner (1 review written)

Fly yearly about 40 times with Czech Airlines. Am very contented. Flights are always very punctual. The personell are friendly. A special joy are long-distance flights to New York in the business class. Food is excellent and the attention is perfect.
Only one annoying point: to few intercontinental air connections… Read Full Review