Sharp FVDB1ES Reviews

• Sound Quality

Sharp FVDB1ES - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Sharp FVDB1ES

“Useless DAB receiver”

Written on: 29/12/2012 by nwarren362 (1 review written)

I've had this Sharp FVDB1 radio for a few years. It has never provided good DAB reception. I thought it was due to a weak signal but have since bought other DAB radios and had no problem with reception. The radio looks nice - but it's completely useless… Read Full Review

Sharp FVDB1ES

“Had same problem as previous reviewer - won't tune...”

Written on: 12/01/2008 by benn1234 (1 review written)

Had same problem as previous reviewer - won't tune in,can't manually find stations, totally useless. Owned for 2 years with very little usage. Was never very good at finding signals and then would often be poor quality sound… Read Full Review

Sharp FVDB1ES

“Would not recommend the Sharp FVDB1ES dab. Expensive...”

Written on: 22/11/2007 by colinjduncan (1 review written)

Would not recommend the Sharp FVDB1ES dab. Expensive and very hard to work. The back up battery fails after 3/4 months. This causes the unit to stop working even when on mains. I returned THREE of them before I tried in despair and fixed it myself. Currys had no idea… Read Full Review

Sharp FVDB1ES

“It appears to have been an inferior product which had...”

Written on: 11/09/2007 by rodowen (1 review written)

It appears to have been an inferior product which had catastrophic failure.
Sharp accepted no responsibility as it was outside the warranty period. I won't touch Sharp again… Read Full Review

Sharp FVDB1ES

“I will have to return my Sharp FVDB1ES for a full...”

Written on: 08/05/2006 by gordp (1 review written)

I will have to return my Sharp FVDB1ES for a full refund and may have to look elsewhere for a better performing model… Read Full Review

Sharp FVDB1ES

“I have now owned my Sharp FVDB1ES radio for a couple...”

Written on: 17/03/2005 by MDB1 (1 review written)

I have now owned my Sharp FVDB1ES radio for a couple of months. Two prime factors for replacing my previous model were that I had no sleep facility on the previous make, and whilst going to sleep with the radio on is nice, having it on all night was something I could not cope with.

The Sharp allows you set to for sleep turn off upto 90 mins ahead. Unfortunately, despite every attempt I have made to date, I do not seem to be able to use the alarm set to radio to wake me up in the morning and… Read Full Review

208549_Scruffpot's Response to MDB1's Review

Written on: 01/09/2005

Just bought this unit, richer sounds, 50 quid not bad I thought, (update my dab from a psion wavefinder) not bad unit, sound is alright for the price and size, has an optical out had it so plugged into my videologic digitheatre and used the dolby digital on the theatre to use it in 5.1 v impressed with the quality of the digital. It now sits in my room plugged into a separtae system using the line out so I have the choice of using my v good speakers to just using the internal speakers on the radio when listening in bed, without even talking out the jacks. v good for the price if u want a good radio with out puts, clock alarm with fm included and your on a budget.

Nigel L's Response to MDB1's Review

Written on: 02/10/2005

This model is not the best around if you live in an area where DAB reception is marginal. I live on the Surrey/Hants border and the Sharp's DAB receiver struggled to latch onto the signals. Also the FM functionality seemed to be a cheap bolt on.
<br>
<br>I exchanged the Sharp for a Sony XDR-S1, which, although ugly to look at and a flawed design, is many times better at pulling in the weaker DAB signals.