Pioneer PDR-609 Reviews

Specification for Pioneer PDR-609

Features:
  • Plays and records CD-R and CD-RW media
  • 24-bit analog-to-digital converter
  • CD text input and display
  • Digital Source Synchro Recording
  • Digital recording control lets you adjust recording level
  • Refine your search

Pioneer PDR-609

“I've had the deck for several years, and am still very...”

Written on: 01/10/2010

I've had the deck for several years, and am still very satisfied with it. Pristine audio capture, pretty good features, and a good set of I/O (Coax Digital, Optical Digital, and RCA Analog). CD-Text capability is quite useful, but not simple to set up on the deck itself. If you're looking for a classy, high-end audio capture unit, this is THE deck you want. Only kvetch: It uses slightly-more-expensive CD-Digital-Audio disks, but overall, it sounds great… Read Full Review

Pioneer PDR-609

“Answer to below and others with blank media issues is...”

Written on: 20/10/2009

Answer to below and others with blank media issues is that the 609 will only use audio cdrs or audio cdrws, and not the pc ones found everywhere these days. The audio blanks are more expensive and not sold at the supermarket! Type in 'audio cdrw' on ebay is your best bet. As far as the 609 goes, it is good value for money with a good sound quality; a recommended piece of kit… Read Full Review

Tk_Versatile's Comment

Written on: 01/08/2013

(Pioneer PDR-609)
    Hi, Once recording is complete then proceeding to finalize & play, the recorder refuses to complete its process hence loosing all that`s been done; despite having no problem whatsoever for almost 2yrs. Please advise. Thanks

Pioneer PDR-609

“I am in a similiar position where my old cdrw's have...”

Written on: 20/10/2009

I am in a similiar position where my old cdrw's have stopped working as I reused them for yonks. Soon as I tried some brand new cdrw's (several brands) it comes up 'pro disc'. Same with cdr's incidentally, which means I can no longer use it as a recorder. Does anyone know what the issue is with media? Until I can find an answer I do not recommend anyone buys this product. Any help is appreciated.
    Ian… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 10/09/2011

Only use tdk 74=minute discs, very fussy about discs

Pioneer PDR-609

“For me, it does what it says on the tin. Pioneer...”

Written on: 08/03/2009 by Ljeff13 (1 review written)

For me, it does what it says on the tin. Pioneer PDR-609 makes CD copies from pretty well any source, and as long as you read the instruction booklet you get excellent results: copying via coaxial from CD to CD-R or CD-RW gives you a copy which is to my ears (and through a very analytical system) identical to the original. Ditto if you want to record from a high-quality analogue front-end - your CD copy will contain exactly what is on your source, and you know it will play on any machine… Read Full Review

Pioneer PDR-609

“Pioneer PDR-609.This is a beautiful bit of kit. Even...”

Written on: 19/01/2008

Pioneer PDR-609.This is a beautiful bit of kit. Even though it's been around a couple of years, it's still a top of the range cd recorder and player. Great looks and easy to use, for the amateur or professional… Read Full Review

Pioneer PDR-609

“After more than 3 years my analog input doesn't work...”

Written on: 09/11/2007 by DOURIK (1 review written)

After more than 3 years my analog input doesn't work any longer.

Does anyone have the remedy… Read Full Review

Pioneer PDR-609

“I don't understand the folks having issues with...”

Written on: 19/01/2007 by tangman01 (1 review written)

I don't understand the folks having issues with recording media. I assume they are not using CDs designed for Digital Audio - this recorder REQUIRES that you use CD-R and CD-RW which say Digital Audio on them.

Really simple method for duplicating CDs, using optical digital input. The 609 will copy and finalize with the push of a couple of buttons.

The Pioneer PDR609 makes nice recordings from vinyl as well, although please forget any ideas you have that much of the process is automated; the… Read Full Review

Pioneer PDR-609

“I have had this recorder for about 2 years, and I have...”

Written on: 22/10/2006 by Electrojedi (1 review written)

I have had this recorder for about 2 years, and I have found it to be superb for recording off Vinyl, CD and Tapes. It is superb at recording from both Digital and Analogue inputs.

I have recorded off my LP12 and found them to be very warm sounding, and it has kept the warmth and detail of the Sondek.

Tapes are also a very good transfer, but this depends on the tape decks ability to play the cassette accurately.

CD to CD - there is no difference in quality from the original. If there is I… Read Full Review

Pioneer PDR-609

“I have exactly the same problem with my Pioneer PDR609...”

Written on: 25/11/2005 by 328itim (1 review written)

I have exactly the same problem with my Pioneer PDR609 DC player. I've just spent £30 on a variety of packets or RW disc, and every single one comes up as a Pro disc! It clearly says in the manual that the discs I have bought have been checked for compatibility with this unit. This isn't the case, I haven't managed to find a disc to use yet… Read Full Review

333277_Kernowdrewsta's Response to 218443_328itim's Review

Written on: 24/12/2007

I have just come up with the problem with the protected disc hence why I am on the forum. the original discs that i have used are from JVC. they are actually called pure digital sound, cd-r80. bit of a red front with a brownish triangle on the front cover. i had never had a problem with the machine until i started using other discs. to my knowledge these are the only ones that work. you would think in this day and age that every recordable disc would work, or maybe we should all buy better models!!

Pioneer PDR-609

“Why can't the Pioneer PDR 609 use RW discs ? ”

Written on: 04/10/2005 by Sean B (1 review written)

Why can't the Pioneer PDR 609 use RW discs ?
    I record onto minidisc -(which can be edited ) -
    If I could then transfer from minidisc to RW discs - and then to data discs via computer, this would soleve an obvious problem. So why won't it accept RW discs ???
    Please answer my query… Read Full Review

239920_Corky252's Response to 212583_Sean B's Review

Written on: 24/04/2006

I use TEAC CD-RW Audio discs in this unit with no problem. But they have to be labelled Audio.