Acer Aspire RC500 Reviews

Acer Aspire RC500 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Acer Aspire RC500

☆☆☆☆☆
Acer Aspire RC500

“I bought this ACER computer and have sent it back 5,...”

Written on: 14/08/2008

I bought this ACER computer and have sent it back 5, yes 5 times to the repair centre. That is 8 months now without a functioning computer.
Not sure if anyone has had same experience or just my bad luck?… Read Full Review

Acer Aspire RC500

“Investing my cash in the Acer Aspire RC500 is proving...”

Written on: 25/08/2004 by Stunt Gerbil (65 reviews written)

Investing my cash in the Acer Aspire RC500 is proving to be an inspired purchase. I've got a pretty small room and the benefits of the flat screen and wireless mouse and keyboard is immense as my desk is continually covered in tat. The machine is really smart, I just love it, the tower isn't too big either. It still doesn't play championship manager as quick as I'd like it to but for under £800 you can't have anything can you? Oh I nearly forgot to mention, it has 160GB of Hard Drive!! How… Read Full Review

Iroczvinnie's Response to Stunt Gerbil's Review

Written on: 17/09/2005

I have owned my RC 500 for over 1 year and it has had heaps of problems with the multimedia portion. I have reinstalled (ghost image provided) the os no less than 5 times in a year, each image lasting approximately 2 months before demonstrating problems with the TV portion of the media centre. (not to mention the intermitant crashes just as you are in the middle of a movie!)
<br>
<br>The TV portion crashes regularly and once it crashes, it doesn't seem to recover. There will be sound, but no picture, or the sound will be out of sync with the picture, or it just will hang - the only fix being reinstallation from scratch using the image provided. Acer was no help blaming it on "software downloaded from the internet" - however the only software loaded on it came with the RC500.
<br>
<br>Overall, extremely disapointed in the product and the support provided. I suggest waiting until the multimedia centres are a more mature product and stable.