Minolta Dimage 7 Reviews

Minolta Dimage 7 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Minolta Dimage 7

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“I have now been using the Minolta Dimage 7 digital...”

Written on: 13/04/2002 by Declan Cowley. (1 review written)

I have now been using the Minolta Dimage 7 digital camera in the field for two months and have noticed some inherent problems with the camera. There are two significant problems that I have encountered that can significantly affect the ability of the photographer to capture the images he desires.

The first is the built-in flash. Unfortunately Minolta has seen fit not to allow the option of turning OFF the preflash. Experience has now shown that the preflash is of sufficient intensity that most… Read Full Review

Jerry Hollis.'s Response to Declan Cowley.'s Review

Written on: 22/01/2003

I think you are to kind with your review. I purchased a Dimage 7 for myself and a Dimage 5 for my son. The cameras have a nonfunctional autofocus. The most elementry and cheap digitals have an autofocus that gives the photographer some freedom to set up the shot without worry about focus. Please advise if there is any way to return this piece of junk or trade for something functional. Thank you for an honest appraisal. Jerry Hollis,a Very dissatisfied customer.

Knotty's Response to Declan Cowley.'s Review

Written on: 13/08/2003

I agree - I bought a Dimage 5 (see my own report on THAT DISASTER!) and a friend has shown up today very proudly carrying her Diamge 7. Its is an equall disaster and I cannot see why such an expensive camera should be far worse that any "high street" happy snappy. I have now lost countless valuable images for one reason or another and I am flabberghasted that the things are still for sale at all. The autofocus is worse than pathetic.. it is a waste of batteries even taking a picture you would be better of keeping the batteries for use in a portable radio! The manual focus is difficult and fiddly at best and the flash is a continual disater with massive flashes and little teeny weeny ones at random! The lessons of the Dimage 5 have not been learned in the 7. DON'T BUY ONE - you will regret it!

72957_Remi.'s Response to Declan Cowley.'s Review

Written on: 14/02/2003

Yes, I completely agree. I was trying to take some macro shots and couldn't get the camera to focus on the object. Even the "Spot" function did nothing for me. It seems like even normal shots are just hit or miss. I have taken much better pictures with cameras much cheaper. I wouldn't take a risk with important "picture events" even if I got this camera free..totally unreliable.

“I was looking forward to testing out this digital...”

Written on: 02/09/2001 by CHRIS GOSS. (1 review written)

I was looking forward to testing out this digital camera which apparently won digital product of the year according to the Minolta website.
I found the image quality lived up to expectations and the ccd screen very good. It produces good quality prints as large as A3.

The camera body felt a bit small in the hand, but the controls and menus were easy enough to master.

On the downside, I found that the electronic viewfinder was really poor, compared to other digital cameras that I have tried… Read Full Review