Minolta Dimage 7 Reviews

• Battery Life

Minolta Dimage 7 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Minolta Dimage 7

Minolta Dimage 7

“The Minolta Dimage 7 camera is still use able but...”

Written on: 03/09/2008

The Minolta Dimage 7 camera is still use able but there are a lot better and cheaper ones available now… Read Full Review

Minolta Dimage 7

“1. The Minolta Dimage 7 has extremely high power...”

Written on: 19/02/2004 by abc (16 reviews written)

1. The Minolta Dimage 7 has extremely high power cosumption - have many batteries ready if you want to go out with your Digital Camera for more than one hour!

2. Poor costmer support -- unbelieable poor!… Read Full Review

Minolta Dimage 7

“I am a retired commercial photographer and wanted to...”

Written on: 15/06/2003 by LarryS. (1 review written)

I am a retired commercial photographer and wanted to try digital photography. I bought the DiMage 7 as it looked to have the most pro features for the money. I bought mine on eBay at a very attractive price. The manual requires study if you want to learn all the features this camera can perform. If you want a "point and shoot" camera, this is not it! It is feature laden and worth the time to learn them. That said, it is a great camera and allows you to be very creative.

Battery life is… Read Full Review

Minolta Dimage 7

“I have now been using the Minolta Dimage 7 digital...”

Written on: 13/04/2002 by Declan Cowley. (1 review written)

I have now been using the Minolta Dimage 7 digital camera in the field for two months and have noticed some inherent problems with the camera. There are two significant problems that I have encountered that can significantly affect the ability of the photographer to capture the images he desires.

The first is the built-in flash. Unfortunately Minolta has seen fit not to allow the option of turning OFF the preflash. Experience has now shown that the preflash is of sufficient intensity that most… Read Full Review

Jerry Hollis.'s Response to Declan Cowley.'s Review

Written on: 22/01/2003

I think you are to kind with your review. I purchased a Dimage 7 for myself and a Dimage 5 for my son. The cameras have a nonfunctional autofocus. The most elementry and cheap digitals have an autofocus that gives the photographer some freedom to set up the shot without worry about focus. Please advise if there is any way to return this piece of junk or trade for something functional. Thank you for an honest appraisal. Jerry Hollis,a Very dissatisfied customer.

Knotty's Response to Declan Cowley.'s Review

Written on: 13/08/2003

I agree - I bought a Dimage 5 (see my own report on THAT DISASTER!) and a friend has shown up today very proudly carrying her Diamge 7. Its is an equall disaster and I cannot see why such an expensive camera should be far worse that any "high street" happy snappy. I have now lost countless valuable images for one reason or another and I am flabberghasted that the things are still for sale at all. The autofocus is worse than pathetic.. it is a waste of batteries even taking a picture you would be better of keeping the batteries for use in a portable radio! The manual focus is difficult and fiddly at best and the flash is a continual disater with massive flashes and little teeny weeny ones at random! The lessons of the Dimage 5 have not been learned in the 7. DON'T BUY ONE - you will regret it!

72957_Remi.'s Response to Declan Cowley.'s Review

Written on: 14/02/2003

Yes, I completely agree. I was trying to take some macro shots and couldn't get the camera to focus on the object. Even the "Spot" function did nothing for me. It seems like even normal shots are just hit or miss. I have taken much better pictures with cameras much cheaper. I wouldn't take a risk with important "picture events" even if I got this camera free..totally unreliable.

Minolta Dimage 7

“I've been looking for a digital camera for use in my...”

Written on: 03/11/2001 by Gerry Woolf. (1 review written)

I've been looking for a digital camera for use in my work as a journalist for the last couple of years. I have too much stuff to lug about to conferences so a small digital camera had to be the choice. I've been using a canon S10 but the limitations are obvious. The Dimage is as near as damn to a the manual Nikon SLR I bought years ago but better. It took me about two days to get comfortable with the settings and controls and it's a real pleasure to use. Other manufacturers could learn from… Read Full Review

Minolta Dimage 7

“A really good digital camera that has helped me to...”

Written on: 23/09/2001 by Chris Crum. (1 review written)

A really good digital camera that has helped me to produce some great shots. Of the bad points the battery life is really unacceptable, who wants to spend a further £250 on a battery pack and carry the extra bulk? So dispense with the EVF and gives us true through the lens viewfinder or at least a GOOD optical viewfinder. At the same time mount the LCD on an articulated arm as Canon G1 etc. A rubberised grip would be good and the camera would be more to my taste in black… Read Full Review

Minolta Dimage 7

“I was looking forward to testing out this digital...”

Written on: 02/09/2001 by CHRIS GOSS. (1 review written)

I was looking forward to testing out this digital camera which apparently won digital product of the year according to the Minolta website.
I found the image quality lived up to expectations and the ccd screen very good. It produces good quality prints as large as A3.

The camera body felt a bit small in the hand, but the controls and menus were easy enough to master.

On the downside, I found that the electronic viewfinder was really poor, compared to other digital cameras that I have tried… Read Full Review

Minolta Dimage 7

“Would love a bigger rubberised hand grip (like new...”

Written on: 12/08/2001 by Kevin James. (1 review written)

Would love a bigger rubberised hand grip (like new Nikon 995), occassionally it almost slips out of the hand. Would love a fold up rear LCD so camera can be at waist level on tripod, and you can look down at finder without having to grovel on hands and knees (like Canon Pro 70). I have already produced some superb A3 prints from this beast, and they are some of the best I have seen. The camera is a little agricultural being festooned with knobs, but it does work very well. A nice charcoal grey… Read Full Review