Cometa Fenix 400 .177 cal Reviews

Cometa Fenix 400 .177 cal - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Cometa Fenix 400 .177 cal

Cometa Fenix 400 .177 cal
Cometa Fenix 400 .177 cal

“I shoot at empty pellet tins with open sights at 40...”

Written on: 01/05/2010

I shoot at empty pellet tins with open sights at 40 yards and hit them most of the time. Anything beyond that defies the laws of Physics, no matter what you read on the Internet.If you intend to use it for hunting and given you can get the 18 foot pounds spring I'd go for the .22, since at reasonable ranges this gun will surely overkill your game. Well balanced,excellent adjustable trigger, light recoil and no twang at all. You won't get anything better for the price… Read Full Review

“the best air rifle ever!!!!!!!!”

Written on: 09/11/2009

the best air rifle ever!!!!!!!!… Read Full Review

“I was recommended this Cometa Fenix 400 .177 ca by...”

Written on: 08/05/2009 by ampmaestro (19 reviews written)

I was recommended this Cometa Fenix 400 .177 ca by somebody else. I wasn't going to spend that much but as it turned out, it was definitely worth the extra few bucks. It's a solid well built rifle and I would certainly recommend it to others. The trigger release is really good and was indeed one of the selling points. Accuracy out of the box is as good as it gets, I guess (not having owned every air rifle ever made), but I can't believe how good the grouping can get after using only a handful… Read Full Review

“This is a sporting air rifle with target accuracy. ...”

Written on: 08/05/2008

This is a sporting air rifle with target accuracy. Note that those supplied to the UK market are limited to12 ft lbs… Read Full Review

“Owned my cometa .177 400 for about a year and after...”

Written on: 29/02/2008 by Steve W (1 review written)

Owned my cometa .177 400 for about a year and after initial sighting in and finding the best pellets at the best price (White pellets seem the best all round for weight accuracy and price) it has performed without fault and hits everything i point it at. So far i have hit and killed with a single shot rats, feral cats, possums, magpies, pigeons, and once shot a wild young goat at 50 meters and killed it with a single head shot , was that a fluke...will never know because i hav'nt had the chance… Read Full Review

“I have owned and consistently shot with this rifle for...”

Written on: 16/11/2006 by john hines (1 review written)

I have owned and consistently shot with this rifle for about five years now. I have not had to replace the spring or any other part of the whole. I have however had to adjust my scope setting one or two clicks during this period to compensate for the natural metal fatigue taking place in the spring.
I believe my continued confidence and trust in this rifle is proof that a little maintenance after each use goes a very long way.
In other words, LOOK AFTER IT AND IT WILL LOOK AFTER YOU.
Cheers… Read Full Review

“I have been shooting with the break action Cometa...”

Written on: 07/07/2005 by cometashooter (1 review written)

I have been shooting with the break action Cometa Fenix 400 for around a year now so I have come to know its pro's and con's quite well, first of all its a very powerful rifle. At the UK legal limmit of 12 reduced from 20 (because its a spanish rifle) it is easy to kill a target from 20-25 meters with supreme accuracy (assuming of course your sight is spot on).

Secondly, it is easy to load and not too fiddely to put the pellets into the barrel (I use lubricated pellets for easy swift… Read Full Review

Steve W's Response to cometashooter's Review

Written on: 21/05/2008

Try a hevier pellet and you wont get so much of a crack and scare off the prey if you miss.... the crack is because you are using a light pellet which goes really fast (breaking sound barrier) and hence the crack , but has less hiting power and tends to be less accurate , you may have to zero the sights again but the results will be well worth the effort......cheers

“Cometa Fenix 400 .177 cal: ”

Written on: 06/08/2004 by duncanmacster (2 reviews written)

Cometa Fenix 400 .177 cal:
I wanted a magnum .177 cal rifle to deal with the large number of birds down on the farm. Having already spent a fair bit of money on my .22 rifle to take care of the rabbits (you may care to read my review on the Gamo 1250) I was definitely working to a budget!

Although I had some misgivings about the plastic trigger and guard, as well as the plastic around the front sight cowl and the rather cheap rear sight set up, I felt that the Cometa would do the job… Read Full Review

177774_Rob006's Response to duncanmacster's Review

Written on: 23/11/2004

Would you reccomend this gun in .177 or .22?

We3Xy's Response to duncanmacster's Review

Written on: 26/07/2006

Pantarea i would recommend Crossman Accupells , they work great in my cometa 300k and are quite heavy. But they are quite expensive

Panthera's Response to duncanmacster's Review

Written on: 23/02/2006

I've had my Cometa Fenix 400 for just over a year now, and have'nt been too impressed. The grouping has not been that great until I tried a heavier pellet. Now it seems to be much better giving a 1 inch group at around 25 meters.

180249_Rob005's Response to duncanmacster's Review

Written on: 24/12/2004

Thanks for the advice and time. I have had to change my name because I have forgotten my password

180249_Rob005's Response to duncanmacster's Review

Written on: 24/12/2004

Thanks for your advice

Duncanmacster's Response to duncanmacster's Review

Written on: 23/12/2004

I have not fired the .22 version, so cannot legitimately compare the two calibres. But one can safely assume that the ease of handling and other comments apply, given the rifles are essentially the same apart from the bore and a heavier mainspring. It therefore gets down to: what do you want to use it for? .22 is overkill for most birds and .177 useless for rabbits and the like. Best wishes in your selection!