Damart Catalogue Reviews

Damart - Ask a question now

“not impressed”

Written on: 15/03/2014 by Purcell136 (1 review written)

ordered and paid for goods last September for holiday,three weeks in advance ,they did not arrive so had to dash round town at last minute,did get refunded ok after two phone calls,thought perhaps that was a one off and ordered some shoes three weeks ago for this weekend but they have not arrived… Read Full Review

“Damart mailings and prize draws”

Written on: 20/02/2014 by hel70 (1 review written)

For all people who like me made a big mistake ordering from a Damart catalogue and then being inundated with constant mailings (sometimes 2 a week) ttelling me I was in line for a big prize. After many attempts to get Damart to cease sending me these mailings including writing to the managing director to take my name off the mailing list, I have finally been successful. HOW? I have been posting all the mailings with a label stating "Return to sender not wanted" which has resulted in a letter… Read Full Review

“Ripping off elderly people”

Written on: 20/01/2014 by A1lake (1 review written)

Don't let any elderly person order from this company. Once they have ordered something the person is bombarded with advertising saying they have been entered in prize draws etc etc providing they place another order.It's a complete lie and they are ripping off elderly people. Disgusted… Read Full Review

Moonhare15's Response to A1lake's Review

Written on: 13/04/2014

Couldn't agree more - I am currently being harassed by Damart despite telling them my mother has days to live with terminal cancer. She is unconscious and attached to oxygen and these idiots refusee to stop calling until she speaks to them or writes them a letter. I couldn't be more incensed and as a freelance journalist, I WILL be writing an article on this subject.

“nuisance e-mails”

Written on: 11/11/2013

never give your e-mail address to Damart. They totally ignore your instructions to unsubscribe… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/11/2013

Hi

I'm sorry that you've unsubscribed from us and it doesn't appear to have worked. I can appreciate how annoying that must be.

If you'd like to get in touch with me, I will check that we have unsubscribed your details in the correct way.

Regards

Head Of Customer Service

Elizabeth Stone's Comment

Written on: 19/01/2014

Totally agree. I have been trying to stop their marketing correspondences for ages. Emails and letter-post, both so often that I have become aware of how desperate it all looks. I will keep telling them, but it may be a job for life, I'm afraid.

“Poor quality and sizing”

Written on: 30/10/2013 by Normski41 (1 review written)

I order from Damart for the first time ever. It was for 2 corduroy skirts offered on sale at £17.50 each quite reasonable prices, but the quality was poor but most of all the sizing was very small. I normally wear a size 16 M&S skirts and as they were beginning to feel a bit tight I ordered size 18. I could hardly fasten the button and they would have been too uncomfortable to wear. I have just returned them today and hope that I get a full refund. I am somewhat concerned by some of the… Read Full Review

Damart's Response to Normski41's Review

Written on: 05/11/2013

Hi

I'm really sorry to hear that this was your first shopping experience with us.

I've passed on your comments about the sizing of the skirts and the product quality to our Head of Product.

We will, of course, give you a full refund for your order. If you'd like to email me directly, I'll check that this has been done for you as I don't have your account details.

If you'd like to give us another chance I'd be happy to give you a discount on your next order. I'd also like to thank you for taking the time to alert us to the issue.

Regards

Head of Customer Service

Normski41's reply to Damart's Comment

Written on: 07/11/2013

I have now received a refund for the returned goods and thank you for dealing with this in good time.

“Good products - shockingly bad service”

Written on: 20/10/2013

I had most of the poor experiences outlined in the previous reviews, plus fell foul of the misleading Damart web site that lured me involuntarily into opening a personal account which I never wanted, while exploring the payment options and then spontaneously generated an order that I was not ready to place, though fortunately for something that I was interested in. 'Customer Services' seemed unwilling or unable to comprehend the issues that I raised about the operation of the web site, that… Read Full Review

“Tatty, condescending, over-egged garbage. Leave well alone”

Written on: 11/05/2013

Looks like the Reader's Digest has been reborn with this lot. They must think we are a bunch of idiots the way they 'pitch' their products and "prize" offers - Tax Exemtion Certificate/ The Damart Finance Department/Privilege Code/ Authorised by..... Approved by.../Waive Request/Official Correspondence. Stupid, childish 'stamps' saying Board of Directors and Damart Prize Department 'Approved'. Secure Confirmation Docket. What utter crud. Mind you, this DAMARTEX UK Ltd (trading as DAMART) have… Read Full Review

Hel70's Comment

Written on: 13/12/2013

Absolutely agree with all that has been said in this review. I made the mistake of ordering from Damart 2 years ago and have been flooded on a weekly basis since then with their mailings. I Googled their managing director, to get his email address and wrote asking to be removed immediately from their mailing list and saying in no uncertain terms that these prize draws were preying on the elderly and vulnerable who truly believe they are one order away from winning huge sums of money. I had a reply saying he was sorry I felt this way and would remove my name from their mailing list. Nothing happened. I am now returning all their mailings straight back to them marked "unsolicited mail" in the hope they will get fed up receiving them back and paying the return postage. There was an interesting article in the Daily Mirror on the 12th December highlighting this problem and that they had been banned from using misleading claims and banning them. All Damart have done is to change their wording but the end result is still the same. It would be nice if some official body could make Damart produce lists of previous winners and prove these prize draws are genuine (some hope). Maybe we should all complain to Trading Standards to get them banned from sending these mailings with their catalogues altogether. God help anyone thinking of buying anything from them. You will rue the day!

“EXCESS ADVERTISING”

Written on: 23/04/2013 by MickBs (1 review written)

Wife bought a top from Damart it was Ok but ever since we have had almost daily Emails and weekly post catalogues trying to persuade us to buy more. Prices are not bargains so we will not buy more nor will we be persuaded to buy by being harassed to do so. BEWARE IF YOU BUY FROM THIS COMPANY WHOSE STYLE SEEMS NOT UNLIKE READERS DIGEST ONES OF OLD WITH THEIR CONSTANT 'BUY NOW' AND 'COMPETITION YOU HAVE WON' STYLE ADVERTISING… Read Full Review

“Wouldn't order again”

Written on: 26/03/2013

I ordered waterproof fur trimmed boots from Damart in a magazine offer for my mother and me size 6,when they came they were very small sized and tight and narrow fitting despite being described as a D fitting and very shallow at the toe.If I'd known they were so small sized I would have ordered larger. My mothers had to be sent back which cost £9! at the post office. I struggled on with mine, the soles were very hard but the shallow depth wouldn't accommodate an insole and despite being… Read Full Review

“Steer well clear of this virus company”

Written on: 21/03/2013

DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THIS COMPANY. I HAVE TRIED TO STOP THEM FROM SPAMMING MY MAILBOX WITH NO LUCK. KEEP UNSUBSCIBING, THEY EMAIL TO SAY SORRY TO SEE ME GO, AND THE SPAMMING JUST KEEPS COMING . . . OVER AND OVER AND OVER. i BELIEVE THIS IS SOMEONE IN A BACKROOM TRYING TO LOOK LIKE A LEGIT COMPANY… Read Full Review

“Very slow service all round”

Written on: 25/02/2013 by Lizfromsussex (4 reviews written)

I have, on many occasions ordered online from Damart (reluctantly, I must add). Each time items are ordered, these do not arrive within the 10 day timescale and in fact, can take up to 2-3 weeks!! Once you place an online order, there is a brief acknowledgement of your order, once you click on "Place Order" and then no e-mail sent acknowledging the same. Also, after logging on to my account, no trace of the order just placed is seen on there (as is the case with other online companies), so… Read Full Review

“Damart - suppliers of spam email and junk mail”

Written on: 16/02/2013

Bought one of their products and since then I've been receiving several emails a week, their 'unsubscribe from email function doesn't work, and junk mail from them arrives in a flood through the postbox. I totally endorse the recommendations in other reviews to never have anything to do with this company. Why they take such a counterproductive approach of irritating their customers so much I really can't guess, other than complete stupidity of senior management… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/02/2013

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback.

I'd be happy to help in anyway I can with the issues you've described about not being able to 'unsubscribe'.

Please feel free to get in touch with me using my email address below.

Best Regards,

email : jaskin@damart.com

“Very Poor Company”

Written on: 07/02/2013

I ordered a replacement thermo top. When it did not arrive after a month I called DAMART. The representative told me that top was no longer available and a replacement top would be sent instead. He further told me if I didn't like it I could return it for a full refund. At that time my account was credited $6. When the top arrived I sent it back becuase some parts of it were as thin as a t-shirt. It took nearly a month for Damart to acknowledge the return and then I was not credited… Read Full Review

“Unsure delivery after 5 weeks”

Written on: 02/02/2013 by Versailles (1 review written)

On the website the goods are available and the delivery is promissed within 10 days. After 5 days I get à letter that the goods are sold out for the moment. I have to wait 5 weeks, maybe The goods will be available then. I payed with creditcard. The next days I see on their website that the goods are available for the public, delivery within 10 days. So they know that the goods aren't available and still they don't adjust their website. This is careless or fraude! I am terribly… Read Full Review

“Disgusted”

Written on: 19/01/2013 by westie99 (1 review written)

I will not be ordering any more goods from Damart because of the postage charges. Apparently if I had a printer and could book a courier on-line then the postage charges would be cheaper than Royal Mail. Never again!!… Read Full Review

Damart's Response to westie99's Review

Written on: 25/01/2013

I'm sorry to hear that you won't be shopping with us again.

'Making returns collections easier' is an area we are currently working on & an area our customers have highlighted to us via our customer surveys.

We have recently introduced the on-line courier collections service through our delivery partner to make organising returns easier. There is a fixed low charge for this service, irrespective of the size and number of items returned. Unlike when items are returned at the Post Office.

We know that we need to do more to make returns easier for customers, and that's what we are working on now.
We are working on ways for customers to arrange their returns collections via a courier, booked through our contact centre. Avoiding the need to print off labels or visit the post office to return items.

I would love to hear from you to see if I can restore your confidence in shopping with Damart.

Regards,
Jeanette Askin,
jaskin@damart.com

“Disgusted octogenarian”

Written on: 12/01/2013

Recently I ordered a two pairs of trousers which came in a pack. I have had similar items in the past and satisfied with them Now ....however I am wondering what on earth has happened to Damart. In the first place they did not fit me anywhere. No problems in the past ( I had found the size that DID fit me, through trial and error I must add )Secondly , nothing like the ad. in the catalogue, ( smart well tailored ) and the colour was hideous, Thirdly, I had to pay £5.30 to return the goods… Read Full Review

Written on: 15/01/2013

Hello,

I'm really sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the quality and fit of the trousers you ordered. Customers usually score us very highly on the quality of our clothing.

Clearly we must do better.

I'm reassured to hear that you are receiving the refund for your returned items and returns postage.

If you would like to contact me on my email address below I'd be happy to look into the problems you've experienced with your recent order and see how we can improve the quality.

I'd love to restore your confidence in shopping with Damart. again.

Best Regards,

Jeanette Askin,

email - jaskin@damart.com

Medomog's Comment

Written on: 15/01/2013

Thank you for taking the trouble to reply to my review. Sadly , this is not the first time I have had to be critical of Damart .. Over the past two years I have filled in questionnaire documents when asked to do so.and outlined several problems I and friends have had with Damart clothing.
I can only repeat what I have already said.......your clothes are badly fitting. Your size chart is inaccurate any way. it is only through trial and error ..ie. returning goods until you get the size that fits reasonably well...at your own expense. of course.
Your S, M L sizes are the most inaccurate. In my wardrobe I have 3 jackets , each in a different size!! They were all free offers . May be the reason they were free was the size inaccuracy. Perhaps previously countless jackets had to be returned for a size change.
The other problem as I outlined is the catalogue colours are not accurate also the shots flatter the goods with regard to detail . Such as waist bands appearing to be nice and flat .when in fact they are deeply gathered. and wrinkled.There are no back shots of the models wearing trousers .No wonder as the back view shows how baggy the stretch waistband trousers are!!
Many times I have suggested that more in between sizes are needed. There is too big a gap between sizes.
Customers need 12-14..16-18 especially in the underwear items such as briefs.
Skirts and trousers I purchased from Damart some 3-4 years ago had non stretch waist bands and came in regular sizes ie..12,14,16, etc,. They ALWAYS FITTED..
On the positive side..I have always found the phone line persons to be courteous and as helpful as possible considering their lack of knowledge of the goods . They can only repeat what the catalogue says .
I shall still not be ordering from Damart in the future and have closed my account. Other firms have courier returns free of charge , their clothes fit very well and look exactly as advertised in the catalogue in respect of colour and material.
You see, when you are an octogenarian ,. It is expensive on a pension as are the phone calls when ordering and now 50p. for a letter. having to keep returning goods is a huge hassle ,
especially when you have no family nearby to go to the GPO for you .

“returns policy”

Written on: 13/11/2012

Disgusted,I had to pay £5.30 to return goods,that means every time I order something and it is the wrong size, I have to pay for return postage.They can take me off their mailing list. I willnot be ordering anything from their catalogue again… Read Full Review

Medomog's Comment

Written on: 12/01/2013

Just sent my Review of Damart. Had lots of problems with Damart the past few months. Such a hassle with them now .. I was sent two parcels with the same goods before Christmas. The number of phone calls I made and emails I sent to get bit sorted beggars belief !! It was finally sorted. BUT I am nearly 81 and could do without all the hassle.
The clothes never fit any where these past 2 years, and are nowhere near as nice as they look in the catalogue. Also the colours nothing like the advert unless you are ordering something in WHITE.
Shame though that after many, many years of being a loyal customer I have had to ask Damart to close my account and stop sending me mail and catalogues.
Never mind ......Isme, Marisota and 50 Plus are great . I have no complaints about them what so ever. Just wish I coud afford more of their goods. Not to mention House of Bath and Stow on the Wold. Brilliant service and value for money

“Terrible Customer Service”

Written on: 30/10/2012

My mother , a customer of Damart, died recently. I rang to inform them but was not treated with any sympathy just told to send in a death certificate and that there was a balance to pay on the account. I do not know why a mail order company needs a death certificate but I sent one along with a self addressed envelope to hasten it's return. My mother had recently received an item from the company so I returned this at my expense.There was also a letter from Damart about another item that she had… Read Full Review

“RIP OFF”

Written on: 16/10/2012

Ordered a sherpa button through jacket for £20.00 in catalogue. Thought what a good bargain. Have now seen same jacket in magazine for half the price. So cross - this should not be allowed. Finished ordering ever again… Read Full Review

“Appalling service. They haven't a clue.”

Written on: 03/10/2012

Damart don't even deserve one star. I ordered some curtains and they sent the wrong size. Even though this was their fault they insist that the curtains have to be returned before they will replace them with the right size. They said they would send a prepaid label (still waiting). How long do they think I'm going to wait for a pair of curtains? I've said I want a refund and I'll purchase some curtains elsewhere. I've never come across such an inefficient company. They only thing they… Read Full Review