Companions2Travel Reviews - www.companions2travel.co.uk

Companions2Travel www.companions2travel.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Companions2Travel www.companions2travel.co.uk

Companions2Travel www.companions2travel.co.uk

“Website simply vanished!”

Written on: 11/06/2014 by KysonGonzales288 (1 review written)

Companions2travel. I joined the site sometime towards the end of last year and it just vanished. They was no explainations or anything. Prior to this there had been regular newsletters but each one identical regarding a weekend at Weymouth, never anything new. I spent a long time trying to locate the site but to no avail. I was then fortunately able to contact a couple of people who had given me their own email addresses, who had also been members. Well I believe it ended up someone knowing… Read Full Review

Johnlewington's Comment

Written on: 11/06/2014

As the new owner of companions2travel I can confirm that a fallout did occur between the previous owners and the new owner (me) due to the fact the previous owners were hosting the site and charging £100-00 a month for the service that was costing them only £10-00 a month. When the new owner went to transfer the website to a new host, the plug was pulled on the site by the old owners resulting in the website going off line and the new owner losing all records and access to the site and was therefore unable to contact any of the members until after a protracted battle between the parties.

I do not remember contact with you but if I was curt I apologise and in my defence once I managed to rescue e-mail addresses several e-mails were sent out to members explaining what had happened.

The webite has been re developed with a new easier to use format and additional features but will take time to renew all the memberships.

Having lost all of the information regarding previous members It was not possible to "automatically put people back on the new site" The £5-00 registration fee covers a 12 month membership that would normally cost £20-00 was to ensure time wasters that were attracted as Trial Members to the old website would not clog up the new website.

Any member who had previously paid fees covering the time the website was down will be credited with the time lost if they contact me with proof of how much was paid and when and if he gets in touch I wil give him a free 12 months as a goodwill gesture

John Lewington

“If you want to travel and are looking for a companion...”

Written on: 11/08/2011 by into-thin-air (1 review written)

I became a member of C2T back in February 2005 and since then have been away on two holidays with C2T members, been to one C2T Convention in Wales and organised a couple of local events in Cumbria. So as you can see, C2T has Really worked well for me, so there is no reason why it can’t work equally well for you !! You can join as a “Trial Member” completely free and see what it is all about, then if you wish sign up for full membership at a very reasonable cost. Bets Regards Rob … Read Full Review

Kyrros's Response to into-thin-air's Review

Written on: 11/06/2014

Yes it used to be an excellent site and was extremely well run, just a shame the previous owners sold out a couple of years ago. After you wrote this review perhaps? The site just isn't what it was anymore, as has been completely changed and membership numbers have dropped drastically. At one time you could be a trial member and be contacted by others but that was immediately stopped. It is now just ten days to look but unable to send or receive any messages to others. Just so few members now.

“For what it says on the tin”

Written on: 10/08/2011 by JohnLewington (1 review written)

I joined Companions 2 Travel three years ago and despite a recent change of management during which time the site admin suffered a bit I have nothing but praise for the site and the members. I have attended conventions in Wales that included Rock climbing, Archery, white water rafting as well as interesting walks. I have met a number of members I now regard as friends and have had a few trips in groups that have worked out really well with everyone getting on. Initial membership is free but… Read Full Review

Kyrros's Response to JohnLewington's Review

Written on: 11/06/2014

This review was written by the present site owner

Johnlewington's reply to Kyrros's Comment

Written on: 11/06/2014

Hi - You are qite correct I am now the owner but when the review was written I was only a member and then like he said "I liked it so much I bought the company" and since then I have updated and improved the website unfortunately the website was saboaged and details of all the members were erased and so we have had to start agian this April to build up membership but I am confident it will get there.

“I joined as a trial member approximately a week ago. ...”

Written on: 01/02/2011

I joined as a trial member approximately a week ago. The first day I was able to access the site but since then I haven't been able to sign in. The website keeps telling me I have to activate my membership - which I had initially done. It just does not accept my user name or password. I have repeatedly tried to contact someone by e-mail but they have never got back to me and sorted out the problem. They say to phone them on the number at the bottom of one of the pages - but there is no… Read Full Review

Johnlewington's Comment

Written on: 11/08/2011

At about the time you refer to the owner of the site was going through a difficult time in his personal life and the admin suffered but this has now been resolved and I am sure if you give it another try you will be pleasantly surprised.

“I joined Companions 2 Travel...”

Written on: 03/04/2006 by thescaryfaerie (1 review written)

I joined Companions 2 Travel (www.companions2travel.com) 3 weeks ago and I've already met up with and planned my first holiday with another member. As long as you make full use of the site it really does work and there is pretty much always someone around to help out.

Good site, easy to use and helpful staff. Keep it up guys… Read Full Review

“It is really to join Companions2Travel and they offer...”

Written on: 04/11/2004 by johnjones (1 review written)

It is really to join Companions2Travel and they offer a free trial membership which allows you to check out the sytem. I would recommend the full membership as it allows full access to all the site. I have found 2 companions and only joined 2 weeks ago!… Read Full Review

Craig6398's Response to 175993_johnjones's Review

Written on: 12/07/2005

Yes i also have used companions2travel.com and found the service excellent. I found a few people interested in the same kind of holidays as I, we even met up and went to Holland. I would most definantly suggest the full membership simply for the excellent service provided. This is a brilliant service for older people such as myself who just want some company whilst going on holiday. Thank you. C.S

“A new website, Companions2Travel.co.uk, matches up...”

Written on: 06/08/2004 by moopoo (1 review written)

A new website, Companions2Travel.co.uk, matches up like-minded single people looking to travel.

Companions2Travel.co.uk is a unique UK website allowing single people to combine their travel plans by simply going online and filling in a form. The site can match a couple or a group of people with similar interests and preferred destinations. The first 250 members get free membership!!

Whatever your status, Companions2Travel.co.uk will match you with people that are looking for the same as you… Read Full Review