SMK B2 .22 Reviews

SMK B2 .22 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for SMK B2 .22

SMK B2 .22
SMK B2 .22

“my smk b2 custom carbine 2.2 with scope and moderator. ”

Written on: 09/12/2013

I have recently come to own a smk b2custom. And was quite pleased with it until! I realised that I had paid much to much for it!I thought it was a bargain at £119 with bag moderator and scope. All though it does shoot slightly to the left like people have stated! I have no issues with the power of the 2.2 when using point extra! Seeing a holes in a 2cm wooden panel is impressive! But the damage on the exit side, more so!nor did it have a problem with making the same mess out of a few steel… Read Full Review

“Cheep but good air rifle SMK B2”

Written on: 05/06/2013 by Matdockar (1 review written)

I wanted to but an air rifle for a long time, but as my budget was very low I did loads of revision on different rifles until I fell upon the smk b2. Like many people, I did research on the rifle and was put off by the amount of negative reviews about this little springer. I would like to share my experience about this rifle. Firstly, the rifle is cheep. Very cheep. This is why I was so nervous about buying it. As they say you get what you pay for! And straight out of the box the rifle is… Read Full Review

Matdockar's Response to Matdockar's Review

Written on: 11/06/2013

Just a little update on the smk b2. I have upgraded to a pointed pellet from JET I think. And what a difference they make. They are a very tight fit in the barrel but the accuracy has improved. The power has improved (probably due to the better fitting pellet). It will now go through an entire phone book and so far they are making very sizeable dents in a bit of MDF that I use to shoot against when zeroing my scope.
Moral of the story. Get good quality pellets. These can make all the difference.

“smk b2 vs norica dragon”

Written on: 01/12/2012

not powerful at all so i sold it and bought a norica dragon carbine and i wouldnt look back… Read Full Review

Mrsrt's Comment

Written on: 17/09/2013

£35 against £150 no ship!!?!! Who would have thunk it?

“absolutly shocking”

Written on: 17/10/2012

i paid £35 and if id paid 35 pence id consider id been robbed would not even exit a wafer thin coke can at 12 yes 12 feet i would have been more effective throwing the pellet forget it… Read Full Review

Gobb's Comment

Written on: 21/05/2014

funny mine can put a pellet through my shed door at 15meters

“great for the money”

Written on: 10/08/2011 by karl31 (3 reviews written)

i think this gun is a realy good value gun,for those not wanting to spend too much its perfect,its very accurate but i have to shoot a little low of the target to be on target but ive got used to that now ,i use to own a bsa lightning which is better than the smk b2 but not by a lot and the price of that gun made me less satified than i am with the b2,just a powerfull as the more expensive rifles,£40 well spent… Read Full Review

“Straight outta the box accuracy”

Written on: 18/06/2011 by dragon_in_exile (1 review written)

I'm a FAC (0.223) and Shotgun licence holder and I used to have a AA S200 for disposing of rats and the like in the farm yard, but sold it last year. I recently decided I needed another air rifle for the same purpose - small moving targets at max 20-25 yards. Oh, and I didn't want to spend much. Decided on the B2 Custom because my local gun shop had them on special offer for £50. Out of the box with iron sights I was getting a group of 3" - not great! Then I fitted a middle of the range… Read Full Review

Bertie's Response to dragon_in_exile's Review

Written on: 13/01/2013

Another satisfied B2 owner!! I've had my Custom for nearly ten years and haven't worked on it in any way. It's putting out around 7.8 ft.lbs. with AA Diabolo Fields and has a 6x40 Nikko Sterling scope fitted which is really too much magnification for its range but was too cheap to pass up!.

Lost count now of the number of pellets used, but must be in excess of ten thousand - fifteen thousand is more likely to be a more realistic figure and I've also lost count of the number of bunnies I've shot. Being 80-years old soon, you will surely understand that I don't do much outdooor shooting any more but have much fun with my CO2 pistols on my property.

The 'shop' price of the Custom B2 ten years ago was nearly sixty quid so you've had yourself a real bargain and seeing that these guns are real bargains at their 'shop' price, yours is more than doubly so!

I hope your B2 lasts as long as mine and as for their detractors.......well, I see a similair attitude in the camera world and it's simply jealousy and justification of their kit obtained at high price when they see equivalent results from much cheaper equipment. And its the same in the gun world I'm afraid.

Thanks for the review and Season's Greetings if it's not too late and safe shooting friend.

“Bought one with a scope from our local rod and gun...”

Written on: 29/04/2011

Bought one with a scope from our local rod and gun shop for £39.99, £5.99 for some pellets and £2.99 for gun oil. Owned a B2 before my kids were born then reluctantly sold due to having kids, have just set myself up again for less than £50. The fact I've bought a second says it all. Its a cheap gun that will give hours of fun, great starter rifle. Don't think its lazy though, I wouldn't want to recieve a pellet from one… Read Full Review

“OK, picture the scene, I want to get back into target...”

Written on: 24/01/2011 by secretagentmole (14 reviews written)

OK, picture the scene, I want to get back into target shooting so go for the Westlake B2 (now imported by SMK), for the money it appeared too good to be true, a wood stocked, break barrel gun. But no it was right and it was soon married to a small SMK scope.

Picture the scene, the wife is having a go at my home made target range, it is approximately 25 feet to the target from where she is firing. Pulls the trigger and she gets hit by the recoil which is fairly hefty. The slug riccochets off… Read Full Review

“I bought one of these about 6 months ago and I cant...”

Written on: 08/01/2011

I bought one of these about 6 months ago and I cant fault it its been a great little gun I set up 3 bean cans in the garden and from about 30ft shot right through the middle of them and smashed one of next doors greenhouse pains of glass I paid £45 and got a case and box of pellets free and the I bought a 3-7x20 scope from ebay for £6 well good for the price… Read Full Review

“Further to my last post (one previous on board to...”

Written on: 13/12/2010

Further to my last post (one previous on board to this), Take the piston out and file off any burrs. Spin it in a pillar drill at about 800rpm and use some wet and dry paper (1200grit) to polish the piston. Be careful not to touch the seal. Wash the gun bore with WD40 and abottle brush, then dry with lint free cloth. Deburr any sharp edges. Lubricate piston and seal very lightly with VP90 gun oil. Use a Diamond rasp to level the laminations of the trigger mechanism. Round off the catch edge of… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 16/06/2011

I have now tuned this gun to the nuts. It will completely destroy its pellets at 35 yards. I will be having it chronoed soon and expect that it is now very close to the legal limit. Not bad when it started out at only 6.9lb/ft.
To achieve this, I carried out the above procedure as stated and a little bit more. I welded up the seams at each end of the piston and then ground them back and polished the piston. Do not weld the middle of the seam as it will shrink the piston and the spring will not fit.
I then ordered a "square" spring, similar to an Ox spring from Airgunmainspring.co.uk. I then chamfered the edges and poished this spring to remove any sharpness. This received a good lube with some moly grease and was duly fitted. I packed the spring with a few suitably sized washer to ensure that when it was compressed that there was virtually no gaps between the coils.
Next, I fully welded up the channel in the cocking arm and filed it back to shape. If you don't do this, you will destry the cocking arm inside of 50 pellets.
I then fitted the whole mechanism to a Webly Blackhawk stock which required a slight bit of modding.
I cut, lengthend and rewelded the trigger to make it fit comfortably in the new trigger guard. As there was now more leverage, the trigger became a lot lighter. I topped it off with a Bushnell 3 x 9 x 56 illuminated scope and a Webley silencer that fits straight on the end.
The guys at the gun club have given it a road test and can't believe its a B2. It is more powerful than the Weirachs and Air Arms that they have which leaves them feeling pretty gutted.
I kow you could argue that for the money I have spent that I could have bought a better rifle, but being an engineer, I wanted to see how far I could possibly pimp it up!!

“Like everybody else here, I own a B2. I have had...”

Written on: 13/12/2010

Like everybody else here, I own a B2. I have had several rifles over the years including an antique BSA breech loader and a Webley. The B2 is certainly comparable to either of these and out of the box quite easily competes against Air arms and the likes in terms of power. The gun is cheaply made, so quality is always going to be an issue, but for the money, it does the job. The trigger is a bit heavy, and this coupled with the recoil can cause it to miss targets that softer sprung guns would… Read Full Review

“I bought one of these a couple of days ago for...”

Written on: 04/11/2010

I bought one of these a couple of days ago for £30,another £30 for a 4x32 scope. Its ok,the break lever was a bit stiff at first but soon loosened up.Fired at a baked bean can.dead on target and right through,something my old cometa couldnt do. Folks need to stop bashing this rifle, ITS ONLY £30 ! three rounds of beer with your mates,that much. For its price its fine; crude,yes but thats what makes it appealing and you can do it up.if it was £150 then ok it would be rubbish,but not at… Read Full Review

“I have owned several of these rifles over the years. ”

Written on: 31/07/2010 by Gerry Bee (10 reviews written)

I have owned several of these rifles over the years.
They are great air rifles out of the box , fairly low powered but great for plinking in the back yard or teaching people to shoot.
They do however improve if you strip them down , de-burr any sharp edges , fit a neoprene piston seal , and better quality spring.
I have carried this out on 3 of my B2 rifles, as above with good Mo-Di grease, they are fantastic to shoot.
They will produce about 9.6 / 9.8 foot pound of energy after the work is… Read Full Review

Billyc's Response to Gerry Bee's Review

Written on: 05/08/2010

I've been looking into getting this model - but been wary as it's so cheap compared to others out there. How difficult would it be to perform the upgrades you mention (including where to get the materials)? And also - where you say that you've had several of these over the years - is that because they have broken?
<br/>Thank you
<br/>Billy

“I have a rat sinper c02 air rifle and I love it yet it...”

Written on: 25/06/2010 by The lad in the flat cap (3 reviews written)

I have a rat sinper c02 air rifle and I love it yet it has broken ,but I have also got a smk b2 .22 Custom Stock which has been dusted off, IT IS GREAT. I have a D.I.Y shooting range it blasts can at a very nice range (always without a sight). The biuld quality is average for the price yet I highly recomend tightning body screws. ps I highly recomend when cocking it keep it straight.This is a good gun at a good price but remember you get what you pay from smk BUT it is a damn good gun for… Read Full Review

“this is a average gun the plastic front sight is...”

Written on: 20/06/2010

this is a average gun the plastic front sight is rubbish and the cocking arm was flimsy on the one I had, its not bad rifle could be better… Read Full Review

“got this little plinker in town a few days ago. a...”

Written on: 24/05/2010

got this little plinker in town a few days ago. a quick word to all the people who clearly own webleys n crossmans...lay off,its just a fun gun. Great price, Pretty accurate, and serious power for the price.

build qualitys not ace, but anyone complaining bout screws coming loose...TIGHTEN WEN YOU BUY N BEFOR YOU USE to be safe, common sense really

i rated acuracy 4 star because for teh money its really good for fun targets and vermin.

i drilled grip dots in the wood body, and sanded away… Read Full Review

“This rifle is amazing the acuracy is not the best but...”

Written on: 28/04/2010

This rifle is amazing the acuracy is not the best but im 13 an can get a pigen threw the eye at 20 yards with this gun all you need is a 3 by 20 scope i payed 20 quid for it an is not bad for it.I use biesly magnem pellets makes it 14 ft pounds absolutly lethal lined up ten tin cans at 10 yards straight threw all of them allso if you do not have very thick fence in your garden then you are in trouble whent through my 1 inch thick wood fence… Read Full Review

“get a tensile steel spring in it and tighten the...”

Written on: 03/02/2010

get a tensile steel spring in it and tighten the barrle screw, make a breech seal from a slice of bear can, and oil the piston chamber every 50 shots =
well over 12 ft/lb… Read Full Review

“quite simply the worst gun on the market. if yu want a...”

Written on: 13/01/2010 by FXquinton (15 reviews written)

quite simply the worst gun on the market. if yu want a gun to shoot at 3 yards in the situation where you mights as well just club the target (will still give better groupings than this thing)
WARNING: DO NOT BUY!!!!!… Read Full Review

“i thought it wa a great gunn. the first thing i shot...”

Written on: 31/12/2009

i thought it wa a great gunn. the first thing i shot was a pigeon with it and it worked beatifully with some millbro pointed nose pellets.:P