Sony VAIO PCG-FR215S Reviews

• Battery Life

Sony VAIO PCG-FR215S - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Sony VAIO PCG-FR215S

Sony VAIO PCG-FR215S

“THE MOTHERBOARD & SONY LAPTOP PCG FR215S WAS THE PROBLEM. ”

Written on: 05/01/2012 by SRBARDE (1 review written)

I HARDLY USED THE LAPTOP. BUT WHEN I STARTED USING IT, IT STARTED MAKING A SOUND THAT STARTED GETTING WORSE AND IT STARTED TO SHUT OFF AFTER WORKING FOR LESSER PERIODS. THE PROBLEM WAS IT WAS PURCHASED IN EUROPE & COULD NOT BE TAKEN BACK AS ONE YEAR HAD ALREADY PASSED. I TOOK IT TO THE INDIA SONY CENTER & THEY EVEN REFUSED TO TOUCH AS IT WAS MEANT FOR EU MARKET. RIDICULOUS!!!. I JUST GAVE UP AFTER SHOWING IT TO LOCAL PEOPLE WHO COULD'T DO ANYTHING. NOW I AM STUCK WITH A MACHINE, WHICH IS OLD… Read Full Review

Sony VAIO PCG-FR215S

“I purchased mine in June 2003 and the hardware hasn't...”

Written on: 20/02/2007 by DLP75 (1 review written)

I purchased mine in June 2003 and the hardware hasn't missed a beat. Wish I could say the same for the operating system. Battery life was never great and hasn't got any better but I use it as a desktop replacement anyway… Read Full Review

252776_Anonymous101's Response to DLP75's Review

Written on: 20/02/2007

A few niggles, but in my opinion the Sony Vaio PCG-FR215S is a very good laptop.
<br/>
<br/>Nice review!

Sony VAIO PCG-FR215S

“The DVD-RW drive on my Sony Vaio PCG-FR215S laptop...”

Written on: 15/12/2005 by peter77 (1 review written)

The DVD-RW drive on my Sony Vaio PCG-FR215S laptop computer has had faults and been replaced, and always around Christmas time.

It had to be repaired within the first was 6 months after I purchased it, then again 12 months after the last repair, and now the quality of the CD's it is burning is lower than just a month ago… Read Full Review

Sony VAIO PCG-FR215S

“I bought a Sony VAIO PCG-FR215S laptop for £1,350 in...”

Written on: 23/05/2005 by AnthonyHS (2 reviews written)

I bought a Sony VAIO PCG-FR215S laptop for £1,350 in 2003 having chosen the machine mainly for its large, high-resolution screen (16inch, 1600 x 1200) and in the belief that Sony laptops were some of the most reliable on the market. However, when the computer was just over 14 months old (not quite three months out of warranty), the keyboard failed completely, and I had to purchase an external USB keyboard to be able to continue using it. I wrote to Sony, arguing that such a major fault was… Read Full Review

Davieboy's Response to AnthonyHS's Review

Written on: 07/10/2005

I had one of these that died within 6 months.
<br>
<br>After 5 trips to the repair centre sony replaced it with another newer refurb laptop... which in time (6 months) is now in the repair centre being fixed.

Bumble's Response to AnthonyHS's Review

Written on: 08/10/2005

The contract is with the shop you bought it from - not Sony. The sale of goods act covers this item so the 12 months warranty is about as relevant as Fern Brittons bra size... PLEASE REMEMBER THAT IN THE UK THE MANUFACTURERS 12 or 24 MONTH WARRANTY IS WORTHLESS AS THE SALE OF GOODS ACT GIVES YOU MUCH MUCH GREATER RIGHTS WITHOUT THE NEED TO PAY FOR AN EXTENDED WARRANTY.
<br>
<br>A laptop of that price should last several years AT LEAST! It is not of merchantable quality as it hasn't lasted that long. Go back to the seller - they'll mutter "12 months go away", mention that the sale of goods act applies and 12 months is irrelevant.
<br>
<br>Good example is the Argos extended warranty - read the leaflet in the store - even it says that they're liable 5/6 years! Start with the shop then go to trading standards if they fire you off! I could explain in detail but I'm suffering from 'flu. Yes, this was my 'line of business'.

Sony VAIO PCG-FR215S

“Sony have made some good laptops in the past few...”

Written on: 09/06/2004 by Spirito473 (9 reviews written)

Sony have made some good laptops in the past few years. The Sony Vaio PCG-FR215S is no exception. After having mine for over 18 months, normally I am getting itchy hands to replace computers after 12, I feel no desire to get rid of it. As with any computer, it throws tantrums sometimes, but being fair on the poor little mite I have so much software constantly running on mine, it only rests at night (sometimes not at all) and it is bound to cause system instability at times. Unlike my old… Read Full Review

Sony VAIO PCG-FR215S

“I have had this Sony Vaio now for about 2 months and...”

Written on: 18/09/2003 by Sonyvaio (3 reviews written)

I have had this Sony Vaio now for about 2 months and compared to my last one, also a Sony Vaio (PCG-FX401) it has been excellent. Good specifications, memory is 512Mb, pentium 4, 2.66Ghz processor, 40 GB hard drive, probably better spec laptops on the market, but compare to the other one I had, this is all I need. The old one seemed slow and tended to run out of memory, but this one, no problems at all. I would recommend it to anyone. It may not be a bargain at around £1300 but considering it… Read Full Review