Panasonic SC-HT870 Reviews

Panasonic SC-HT870 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Panasonic SC-HT870

☆☆☆☆☆
Panasonic SC-HT870

“The Panasonic SC-HT870 is a very poor value for the...”

Written on: 09/05/2005 by Peterj (1 review written)

The Panasonic SC-HT870 is a very poor value for the money. It would be better to invest in speakers and an AMP.
The only way to discribe the surround sound is; what surround sound. Volume, it does increase the volume… Read Full Review

Panasonic SC-HT870

“The Panasonic SC-HT870 is probably the best value,...”

Written on: 23/12/2004 by shuttleshark (2 reviews written)

The Panasonic SC-HT870 is probably the best value, best performing 'out of the box' home cinema system you can buy today. Ok so their might be some drawbacks if you have SKY, i.e. the inability to watch SKY in full dolby surround sound. However apart from this minor negative the whole system is very impressive.

I have my SC-HT870 connected to a Pioneer PDP-435XDE plasma and the sound quality is amazing. The reason why I opted for the SC-HT870 was simply because I wanted an out of the box… Read Full Review

222233_Allenk524's Response to shuttleshark's Review

Written on: 25/12/2005

When I see this setup it's a must have for me. The sound and power of this product is amazing. I've had it for a year now and it has not let me down yet. I've seen the newer model and I'm getting myself one in January when prices go down.

Panasonic SC-HT870

“As an overall system the Panasonic SC-HT870 has very...”

Written on: 22/12/2004 by pipvac (1 review written)

As an overall system the Panasonic SC-HT870 has very good performance. The sound, from this well spec'ed speaker system, is superb. Plenty of option for both picture and sound to keep the home enthusiast happy. Totally transforms the home viewing experience.

However, the lack of a digital input limits true surround sound to your DVD. Any other periferal will have to make do with pseudo surround sound. This is ok, and the options on the amp make this useable and enjoyable. Just not quite the… Read Full Review

Panasonic SC-HT870

“I have just bought my Panasonic SC-HT870 system...”

Written on: 04/11/2004 by mademirci (1 review written)

I have just bought my Panasonic SC-HT870 system yesterday night and in about 1:30hours I installed it. I bought this package for especially re-mastering option because of quality MP3 playing and top rated 1000watts rms sound. Well designed speaker system and very long cables are good. I don't want to mention sound quality one the best sounds I have ever listened on a dvd-home system. (I have been DJing so believe my ears :) anyway good package with a overall rating 9 from me. I bought this… Read Full Review

Panasonic SC-HT870

“Exellent value and superb sound. We thought that as...”

Written on: 18/09/2004 by Geoff Moxham (2 reviews written)

Exellent value and superb sound. We thought that as the SC-HT870 is Panasonic's top the range home cinema system it would include karoke program, why not, as in other countries it is included… Read Full Review