Panasonic SC-HT520 Reviews

Panasonic SC-HT520 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Panasonic SC-HT520

“ ”

Written on: 01/06/2010

Its great. Obviously it isnt a Blu-Ray player, but who cares! it has a radio, plays everything from cd, JPEGfiles to dvds. It was a bargain price at the time. I have had it almost 6 years now and it still plays like a dream. Best bargain I have ever purchased.
Only thing about it would put people off is the amout of wires needed for each speaker (5).but I have them all tucked away nicely so no worries there… Read Full Review

Panasonic SC-HT520

“Best home cinema system i ever owned! ”

Written on: 17/11/2009

Best home cinema system i ever owned!
The neighbours hated it! Even on the quietest sub woofer level the box was doing a dance! only age made me move on to better things and upgrade!!
The sound was spot on and not muffled in anyway
Picture was great for its time, as it was before blueray and HD and it still looks spot on and would fit in any silver box setup!!!
If the shop had told me before i bought it how much it would have annoyed the neighbours, I would have bought two of them!
Best cd… Read Full Review

Panasonic SC-HT520

“Panasonic SC-HT520 is simply good and beautiful, i...”

Written on: 25/08/2009

Panasonic SC-HT520 is simply good and beautiful, i feel that I payed less than the real price considering the quality and functionality… Read Full Review

Panasonic SC-HT520

“I received a Panasonic HT520 and just loved the sound...”

Written on: 30/06/2009 by jeffreyk (1 review written)

I received a Panasonic HT520 and just loved the sound until some silly sod broke into my house and stole just the DVD unit. I am now left with the active sub and speakers and no unit to to play… Read Full Review

Panasonic SC-HT520

“I received the Panasonic SC-HT520 Home Theatre system...”

Written on: 21/03/2008 by candl05 (1 review written)

I received the Panasonic SC-HT520 Home Theatre system for Christmas 2006. The unit was purchased 11/28/2006. With in 11 months the unit stopped working. I called Panasonic and found the local Authorized service center is 45 min away from my house. I am a single mom and work 2 jobs, the first Sat I had off to bring the unit to the repair center was 12/08/2006. Ten days after the receipt expired.
It is now 03/21/2008. Four months since I dropped off my Home Theatre system and it still… Read Full Review

Panasonic SC-HT520

“Panasonic SC-HT520 is a good value surround sound kit,...”

Written on: 14/03/2007 by haddle (1 review written)

Panasonic SC-HT520 is a good value surround sound kit, ridiculously loud sub, gives a real cinema feel for less than £200.
A bit annoyed I cant connect my PS2 up via optical, but the pro-logic II still gives me surround sound… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆
Panasonic SC-HT520

“Don't be fooled as I was! ”

Written on: 19/08/2005 by quartz (1 review written)

Don't be fooled as I was!
I specifically bought the Panasonic SC-HT520 model because it was billed as an "all region" player and I have a collection of region 1 dvds, many of which are just not available in other formats.
It turns out that what "all region" means is that it will play dvds marked "ALL" instead of with a specific region. Thus my region 1 collection remains unplayable. Worse, there appears to be no crack for this particular model, meaning I am lumbered with a useless pile of… Read Full Review

W1Zz's Response to quartz's Review

Written on: 29/08/2005

This player is able to be made multi-region.
Costs: £23.49 for Self Service Upgrade.

Turboboy11's Response to quartz's Review

Written on: 29/11/2005

For £20 you can upgrade it to multi region.

Robertolux's Response to quartz's Review

Written on: 12/09/2005

hello,
<br>
<br>I'm another of the unlucky client with this sc-ht 520 Panasonic how can i make it zone free?? Is it possible for free or i need to but something and if so what?
<br>
<br>Thanks
<br>Roberto

Quartz's Response to quartz's Review

Written on: 07/09/2005

Hmmm, yes, but why do that when you can buy a region free player from any number of suppliers, including your local supermarket, for under £30?
<br>Vote with your wallet and destroy the region coding nonsense!