Ostend, Hotel Admiral Reviews

Ostend, Hotel Admiral - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Ostend, Hotel Admiral

Ostend, Hotel Admiral

“I stayed at the Hotel Admiral on a half-board basis. ...”

Written on: 02/01/2011

I stayed at the Hotel Admiral on a half-board basis. I note that one reviewer mentions that there are no tea/coffee making facilities in the rooms, and the comment that the owner wants people to spend money in the bar instead. This tallies with my experience.

Although you can't expect too much from a 2* hotel, I think it is reasonable to expect free access to drinking water in any European hotel.

At dinner, soon after we arrived after a long journey, I asked for some tap water with my… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 29/06/2011

this does not sound like the admiral, there are no phones in the rooms so the manager could not have rung the lady who was late.

Honeysucklerose's Comment

Written on: 07/06/2013

My husband and I visited the Admiral on a coach trip from Wales a few years ago and although it is very basic, we found it very nice. The rooms were small, but warm and very comfortable. The staff were all very pleasant and helpful and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay, as did the rest of the people on the coach. We also enjoyed the evening entertainment. We ordered coffee at the bar several times and were never charged for it. I assume this was covered by the cost of the coach trip, but we would gladly have paid for the coffee as the price of the whole trip was extremely reasonable. The location of the hotel is also ideal, well-situated for everything. We will certainly go back.

“I have been going to the Admiral hotel in Langastrasse...”

Written on: 09/04/2008

I have been going to the Admiral hotel in Langastrasse for the past 8 or 9 years and have very often gone two or three times in one year, always for a short break I am now 80 years of age and will be going back there in June 2008, the Admiral has become like a second home to me and the ambience there is fantastic so cheerful and happy. Staff are very good, rooms are basic but always very clean. Staff very helpful with information if you need it… Read Full Review

“I couldn't believe we stayed at the same hotel as the...”

Written on: 30/03/2006 by gratton20 (1 review written)

I couldn't believe we stayed at the same hotel as the last review ... the Hotel Admiral is a 2 star hotel and VERY cheap, and you get, like everything in life, what you pay for. If you are polite to the staff, you get the same in return and with our party the staff were unfailingly friendly, helpful and polite. By the way, you switch the tv on from the switch marked "on/off" and choose channels by pressing "up/down channel" button - why you need to ask the staff!!!

Rooms are small but VERY… Read Full Review

“Overall it was a very cheap offer but you get a cheap...”

Written on: 02/01/2006 by chrissy05 (1 review written)

Overall it was a very cheap offer but you get a cheap service. I would not recommend Hotel Admiral to other people. I would sooner pay a little more and get a more comfortable hotel. The hotel is set in an excellent situation, you are close to all shops amd facilities… Read Full Review

“The breakfast is the only criticism we could find. It...”

Written on: 18/08/2005 by howard1 (1 review written)

The breakfast is the only criticism we could find. It is a hotel for the young to middle aged, and provides a basic friendly service. Take a travel kettle, as there are no tea facilities, although there are plenty of good shops nearby that are open until late… Read Full Review

“The hotel is in a very good place in Ostend as it is...”

Written on: 13/08/2005 by ELAINET35 (1 review written)

The hotel is in a very good place in Ostend as it is in the middle of everything. The room was clean and very basic (as you'd expect from a 2 star hotel). Nights are extremely noisy up until about 4am!!!
Food was awful!!! As a vegetarian I was given a very bland and less than basic salad two nights, a plain omelette another night and the final night the main part of the meal was...unbelievably half a grilled tomato with some awful peppery bits sprinkled on top.
I have used packaged holidays for… Read Full Review

“We have stayed at this hotel a couple of times before...”

Written on: 03/08/2004 by nightingale (6 reviews written)

We have stayed at this hotel a couple of times before as we love Ostend.
Firstly the Hotel Admiral. Don't expect this hotel to be the Ritz, because it isn't, remember this is a 2* hotel and should be judged on this.
The owner, Peter, is a great host and runs this hotel, (on his own, by the way), very well and efficiently. His staff are all very friendly too, and are good at sharing banter with the guests as you get to know them.
The hotel is compact, clean and the well presented with an English… Read Full Review

Ian England's Response to nightingale's Review

Written on: 26/11/2005

We stayed at The Admiral 5 years ago at New Year on a coach trip. It was very friendly and had a lovely atmosphere. Since then I know friends who have returned to The Admiral 2, 3 and 4 times. Finally we are going back there again ourselves this New Year (Dec 2005) with the same local coach holiday company (Angela Holidays). We look forward to seeing Peter and his staff and having another relaxing new year break before the start of 2006.