AYA Yeoman 12g o/u Reviews

AYA Yeoman 12g o/u - Ask a question now

“AYA Yeoman - a masterpiece, get one!”

Written on: 03/02/2012 by DavidMungo (1 review written)

My father bought my AYA Yeoman in 1975 for £80. It's been used mainly as a rough shooting tolls taking hundreds of rabbits, pigeons and pheasants over the years. What I love about the gun is that it's so damn simple yet made from the finest materials using top shelf workmanship. These little gems are becoming very sougt after in the UK and most gamekeepers have one in the gun cabinet. If you can find a nice tight gun then go for it. The ONLY negative point is that most are very basic looking… Read Full Review

Blackscorpion's Response to DavidMungo's Review

Written on: 30/03/2013

Excellent review. I own a similar gun and agree that, if looked after, it will serve you well for many years. As you say, many gamekeepers and a lot of farmers use these as their everyday work tools. Sorry to hear about your Dad.

“Having recently come back to shooting i went looking...”

Written on: 27/04/2009 by antwis16464 (2 reviews written)

Having recently come back to shooting i went looking for a good , solid, reliable shotgun that i could have a go at clays with and spend the day in the field with.
I bought an AYA Yeoman O/U Limited Edition single trigger ejector 12g for £350 in really nice and tight condition.
They were built so well, not overly fancy, not the prettiest gun in the world but a fine work horse.
It comes to the shoulder well, nicely balanced and for a light gun doenst kick that bad at all..
To sum up, it was £350… Read Full Review

“AYA is a trusted name and rightly so. The Yeoman has...”

Written on: 27/09/2008 by Ant Perks (1 review written)

AYA is a trusted name and rightly so. The Yeoman has been around for about 30 years and has always stood the test of time. Would not part with mine for twice what I paid for it. A fantastic, sturdy bit of kit. Solid, simple and utterly reliable. They used to say in the adverts that 'only abuse and not use couls wear out a Yeoman'. They were right. A quality gun at a great price. Mine is a side by side 12g and was bought for £135 in average/poor condition but shoots superbly. Like an old… Read Full Review

“Cost me 250quid from the local ironmongers/gunshop...”

Written on: 13/03/2007 by aliearlish (1 review written)

Cost me 250quid from the local ironmongers/gunshop (www.rmacleod.co.uk). Have used it for clays, it will take 75-100 cartridges without a problem and also crows, rabbits and pigeons. Have even stuck some No.1s through it on the farm for foxes. My mate, who shoots his and his dad's brand new Berretas, has already asked my to sell it to him. He can't have it!… Read Full Review

“My AYA Yeoman 12g o/u is 30 years old, never jammed,...”

Written on: 24/09/2006 by johnfjmalone (7 reviews written)

My AYA Yeoman 12g o/u is 30 years old, never jammed, never broken anything, case hardening worn off receiver due to extended use, still accounts for hundreds of real and clay pigeons and a few bunnies. I cant fault it!

I bought a Browning semi-auto, and cant get anywhere near the consistency I get with an SBS Yeoman. I also have a No4 in the cabinet in 3"mag (ex full/ex full) which cannot be faulted either and it regularly gets intentionally double discharged with Federal 2 ounce shells, no… Read Full Review

“This is a Spanish made gun of traditional over and...”

Written on: 13/09/2003 by jd (1 review written)

This is a Spanish made gun of traditional over and under design sold at a modest price. The AYA Yeoman 12g o/u is excellent value for money. A well balanced all round sporting gun which can be happily used for field or clay target shooting. If you can only afford one gun and you want it to do anything reasonably well this is a good choice… Read Full Review

Thumper's Response to jd's Review

Written on: 16/10/2003

And how much was that?

444877_Shootingtom's Response to jd's Review

Written on: 02/03/2009

Can anybody answer my question please. What are the Yeoman's chambered for? Can they take a 3" cartridge?

Alex Goodge's Response to jd's Review

Written on: 27/01/2007

I bought my AYA Yeoman O/U last April. It was a 1st gun for me, and I find it to be wonderful. I bought mine for £200 off a mate, so a little discount was given. With mine I had an automatic safety fitted, so if any one was wondering about it, it can be done.
<br/>
<br/>Cheers
<br/>Alex

Ciaran1979's Response to jd's Review

Written on: 14/10/2005

I have one of these guns and its fine. It suited me for messing around with and doing a little rough shooting and occasionally clays. However now that I've stepped up my game with regard to the clays, its time to go I'm afraid. Nice gun, well finished but I do agree that the barrells do mark easily. I would expect to pay in the region of £500 s/h for a nice example.

161882_Biofos's Response to jd's Review

Written on: 11/07/2004

Just purchased an AYA Yeoman o/u 12 guage in excellent condition. Seems like a very good gun, well designed and balanced. First thing I did was to strip off the horrible brown varnish to woodwork to reveal some quite nice figuring. Now danish oil finished and looks and feels much better. Will post a picture later. Any enthusiasts? Please contact me. John.

T's Response to jd's Review

Written on: 23/04/2004

£300 is very cheap for a shotgun. I'd be very suspicious of one that was only £50 unless it has a single barrel in which case it might be OK.

Platinum Matt's Response to jd's Review

Written on: 15/04/2004

Do you know what the power of this shotgun is in lb.ft or is it not possible to measure shotguns this way? This shotgun is cheaper then others I've seen..but do they get any cheaper then this? I've seen a second-hand o/u for 50 pounds I believe.
<br>
<br>Thanks :)

Mtolson's Response to jd's Review

Written on: 25/11/2003

I bought mine in Suffolk about 5 years ago for 300 pounds. Caution... DO NOT use steel shot in this gun. To hunt waterfowl in the US steel shot must be used. I did and now I need a new barrel!