Webley Nimbus Reviews

• Handling

Webley Nimbus - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Webley Nimbus

Webley Nimbus

“Poor components means that this Webley Nimbus rifle is...”

Written on: 19/07/2009

Poor components means that this Webley Nimbus rifle is a typical, short-lived Chinese rifle… Read Full Review

“A small framed persons shooter,light and very good...”

Written on: 06/08/2008 by vulcan 1 (2 reviews written)

A small framed persons shooter,light and very good handling ,a pleasure to shoot with it,a copy of a cometa 5 or very near to it,but this is a very good buy and can be had cheaply to start you off in the airgun world… Read Full Review

“I have just had the misfortune of trialling a Webley...”

Written on: 12/07/2007 by Druid 66 (6 reviews written)

I have just had the misfortune of trialling a Webley Nimbus .177 fitted with a 4 x 20 Hawke scope.

A farmer friend of mine asked me to `have a look at it` as he COULD hit a barn door with it at 20yds but was really hoping to hit a rabbit in the head with it instead.

The gun is virtually new, only having fired around 800 pellets.

I accepted his offer and also found that the gun was extremely inaccurate producing groupings of 75mm even at 12.5yds and using AA Field Pellets.

I did notice that… Read Full Review

“I got the Webley Nimbus for Christmas 2005 and even...”

Written on: 20/03/2005 by harryjames123 (1 review written)

I got the Webley Nimbus for Christmas 2005 and even now in March we are still trying to get it so you can hit targets with it. We took one shoot and it was accurate so we took a other 5 and it misses every time… Read Full Review

“The Webley Nimbus is a good little gun, based on a...”

Written on: 12/11/2004 by nicholasdownes (4 reviews written)

The Webley Nimbus is a good little gun, based on a cometa 5 and identical in every way to the SMK XS B12. You see as any designs age Chinese companies buy up the plans and then produce products identical to items that would have been available as branded a year or so before. Webley are no stranger to this process and are now quite closely linked with a factory in China who produce them two ranges of guns. There are the sub £40 guns that are absolutely rubbish and then things like the Nimbus… Read Full Review

177240_Keane123's Response to nicholasdownes's Review

Written on: 21/11/2004

Well said,
<br>I also have the .177 WEBLEY NIMBUS and i was wandering wether it will kill a squirrel cleanly (Instantly) from 5-25 meters using .177 rws geco, .177 webley hustler, .177 bisley pest control, .177 lazadome, .177 rws hobby. And out of all of the pellets listed abover which would be most suited for killing the squirrel instantly at 25 meters? Thank you and I cant wait for your reply! Thankyou,
<br>Reece.

Nicholasdownes's Response to nicholasdownes's Review

Written on: 17/12/2004

<br>The .177 Nimbus will kill upto 30yrds cleanly as long as you get a clean shot and make it count. Remember that hunting carries responsibilities, only shoot if your sure of a clean and humane kill. The fact that you asked for advice shows that you know this already however. Use the bisley pest control and go for a headshot. Remember your breathing and stance then squeeze the trigger. Reload and check its dead. What Hobby pellets do you have - If they are pointed by all means hunt with them, if flat heads use for plinking cans etc.
<br>
<br>Good hunting and shooting,

“The Webley Nimbus was my first rifle. It's very well...”

Written on: 29/10/2004 by the worths (1 review written)

The Webley Nimbus was my first rifle. It's very well presented with the overall look of the gun implying it's well manafactured. Good quality for money being such a good gun. I found it handled well with good accuracy. It dosent have a very big recoil. I think its a good all-round gun… Read Full Review

“The Webley Nimbus is my first rifle and I love it and...”

Written on: 19/10/2004 by ScoobyIOWA (1 review written)

The Webley Nimbus is my first rifle and I love it and was easily affordable at £60 and does everything I want all I need now is a scope. Apart from the fact of the sights it's a pretty good rifle all round.

I am also looking for a new one to sit next too it: 10 shot
pre-charged
Non-carbine

Any recommendations to GooseyGooseyGander6@hotmail.com

thanks… Read Full Review

“I got the Webley Nimbus and picked it out of the box-I...”

Written on: 29/08/2004 by webley nimbus (1 review written)

I got the Webley Nimbus and picked it out of the box-I noticed its quite heavy weight which I like a lot! then I noticed the lovely beech wood stock! I load a .177 rws gecko pellet, and gently squeeze the trigger and poof bellow of smoke puffs out at the end of the barrel and the rifle kicks back into my shoulder! I go to see if I had hit the book I set out (a yellow pages book) about 15 metres away and I notice I missed. so I adjust the sight and have another shot and once again poof another… Read Full Review

“I bought my Webley Nimbus from Pellpax and received it...”

Written on: 29/07/2004 by thobern (1 review written)

I bought my Webley Nimbus from Pellpax and received it the day after I ordered it (pretty good seeing as I played 7pounds p&p). I had been saving up cans for weeks in preparation for its arrival. Here is what happened.

1. I'm opening the rifle. It looks good and has a nice stock.
2. I load it (the instructions are not clear on how to do this).
3. I shoot the rifle and find it belches smoke
(this only lasts for three shoots thereafter it is only a small amount of smoke that is great fun when… Read Full Review

Thobern's Response to thobern's Review

Written on: 23/11/2004

I am currently searching for a pistol and would like to know if there is a pistol within 40 pounds that will last for a long time and is fairly accurate.

Thobern's Response to thobern's Review

Written on: 25/12/2004

Pellpax have taken these off the line as shearing too much.