HP PSC-500 Reviews

HP PSC-500 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for HP PSC-500

“Injet work horse”

Written on: 20/02/2013

This printer was for me a work horse for at least 8 years. It functioned as designed and needed no repairs or maintenance. I used it for work and family related projects. Every function was used regularly (even the fax-before e-mail became more prevalent). I wish all the printers today were built to last as long… Read Full Review

HP PSC-500

“HP PSC 500 is a very good printer, there is nothing...”

Written on: 05/03/2008

HP PSC 500 is a very good printer, there is nothing bad I can say about it, the ink consumption is great, the size, weight and looks of the printer are all practical and cool. Great price and one of the best printers I have ever had I love it, well recommend this HP printer over all its competitors… Read Full Review

Richardviled's Comment

Written on: 04/10/2009

Yes, I agree, I had this same kind of printer before and I would say that it worked really well. Ink is not a problem at all.
<br/>
<br/>It prints very efficiently and it isn't noisy too. Thanks for this review.

HP PSC-500

“This Hewlett Packard PSC 500 Inkjet printer has...”

Written on: 15/04/2004 by HallelujahSmiles (1 review written)

This Hewlett Packard PSC 500 Inkjet printer has consistently given excellent printing and reliability for the past 3+ years that I have had it using varying OS (Win98, Win2000 and WinXP). I am a very satisfied customer… Read Full Review

244217_Nikkisnana's Response to 151671_HallelujahSmiles's Review

Written on: 24/05/2006

Of the 11 reviews, most said that they could not get their HP PSC 500 to work with Windows 2000. You have had success with several OS - what's the trick to getting the printer to work well with a new OS? I'm getting ready to change my OS from 98 SE to 2000.

HP PSC-500

“Hewlett Packard support/help is so very difficult to...”

Written on: 24/07/2003 by Sara. (1 review written)

Hewlett Packard support/help is so very difficult to get to. I found a page where I could describe my problem (my installation disk is cracked - I did it). When I finally did, and told them I wanted a replacement disk, all I found out was that I would have to buy one. Didnt say where or how… Read Full Review

HP PSC-500

“This is my 2nd PSC500. The first went back cos the...”

Written on: 06/11/2002 by Liz. (1 review written)

This is my 2nd PSC500. The first went back cos the printing had horizontal streaking. The 2nd one is the same. Have tried all the usual head cleaning & even tried different makes of cartridges & it still streaks. Checked the web site too. It's better on the photocopying side of things. Any suggestions...the bin perhaps?… Read Full Review

98599_Diane.'s Response to 48923_Liz.'s Review

Written on: 17/05/2003

My Printer Scanner Coppier works very very well! Allthough if I don't go through much ink or I don't turn it off at night, my Ink Cartridge's seems to dry up really quick!!!!
<br>
<br>Let me know if this helps. D

HP PSC-500

“I have just wrestled with the HP PSC 500 for a client...”

Written on: 04/11/2002 by Zev. (1 review written)

I have just wrestled with the HP PSC 500 for a client running Windows 2000 for 3 days. This has been the most horrible experience I've had with HP. Buyer beware!… Read Full Review

HP PSC-500

“After printing a few lines generated from my computer,...”

Written on: 24/08/2002 by Marg. (1 review written)

After printing a few lines generated from my computer, my Hewlett Packard PSC-500 inkjet printer says two way communication with my printer has been interrupted. I've had it with both Gateway and Hewlett Packard. My local repair person tested both pieces of equipment and got them working together for a whole two weeks. I was still getting the error messages but it printed anyway. I just can't afford a service charge every two weeks to get the bugs worked out. Gateway and HP have been no help… Read Full Review

HP PSC-500

“The Hewlett Packard PSC-500 inkjet printer's colour...”

Written on: 13/02/2002 by Tim K. (1 review written)

The Hewlett Packard PSC-500 inkjet printer's colour copy function is incredible but it will only take 4 ink refills before you come to the same cost as a new PSC 500. That, HP, is a rip-off.
DON'T BUY a PSC 500 unless you really like it because the ink is VERY VERY VERY expensive!… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆
HP PSC-500

“you're correct i have the same problem with my psc...”

Written on: 09/01/2002 by aces0. (1 review written)

you're correct i have the same problem with my psc 500. : (… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆
HP PSC-500

“The latest problem is that it won't print - it tells...”

Written on: 10/12/2001 by steve. (1 review written)

The latest problem is that it won't print - it tells me to "remove and check color cartridge" - which I have done and even fitted a new cartrdge but it STILL tells me the same thing - it's a piece of ****… Read Full Review

HP PSC-500

“I decided to upgrade and formatted. Installed 2000. ...”

Written on: 12/10/2001 by Unsatisfied. (1 review written)

I decided to upgrade and formatted. Installed 2000. Could not get my PSC 500 to work. I went to their website, downloaded articles, followed directions but to no avail. I contacted their support team via email and explained that I followed instructions of article xyz. Their response was that I should download article xyz and follow those instructions. I have sent other emails but the bottom line is, they aren't all that interested in helping. As far as I know, the all-in-one does not work… Read Full Review

HP PSC-500

“I purchased this printer to replace my ageing Laser...”

Written on: 03/10/2001 by Simon Jones. (1 review written)

I purchased this printer to replace my ageing Laser printer which was no longer cost effective to repair. The OS I use is Win 98 SE. The supplied instructions for the PSC 500 are straightforward to understand and software installation is a doddle. The printer was up and running in about 8 - 10 minutes and this included unpacking. Copy and scan functions are effected at the touch of a single button and my 12 year old daughter mastered this in 10 seconds flat. The provided software is easy… Read Full Review

HP PSC-500

“I bought this combined HP inkjet Printer / Scanner /...”

Written on: 03/08/2001 by Laurence Aghabi. (1 review written)

I bought this combined HP inkjet Printer / Scanner / Copier because it was advertised as compatible with Windows 2000 and had a flatbed scanner / copier. I thought it was a really good product and could help me with my home business as it is the only combined product of exactly this kind on the market. Not so! I found out to my cost that it is not compatible with Windows 2000 and I have been put through the corporate mangel to HP's discredit. Consumer be warned you will never get this… Read Full Review

47897_Rj.'s Response to Laurence Aghabi.'s Review

Written on: 03/11/2002

I completely agree - don't even THINK of trying to connect this printer to a Win2000 system

Adderic's Response to Laurence Aghabi.'s Review

Written on: 11/05/2004

Good news for every HPPSC 500 owner. From a customer view the new Iris Pro9 is excellent for the HP 500. It has its own printer scanner driver, choices of resolution and the OCR software is terrific even at 300 dpi. Have tried mixed pictures and text. Again superb. Ability to separate pics and txt read cleanly by the OCR. Ok it cost £73 with shipping but when you consider the cost of a new scanner printer then you cant better it. Very user friendly. Well done Iris.

Kenbo11's Response to Laurence Aghabi.'s Review

Written on: 09/05/2004

In the XP scanner and camera wizard just click the custom settings button. I can change it up to 1200 dpi.

Adderic's Response to Laurence Aghabi.'s Review

Written on: 06/05/2004

I seem to be able to print with HPPSC 500. but it will not scan cold. Win Xp has a scanner driver that will scan and copy bitmap picture to file but only at 150 dpi resolution. Most OCR programmes would like 300 at least.. Have ordered new Iris Update software. will let you know . Has anyone solved this problem ?
<br>adder

Kenbo11's Response to Laurence Aghabi.'s Review

Written on: 10/12/2003

Actually HP's Web site says that the SOFTWARE AND DRIVERS INCLUDED WITH THE PRINTER would not work. That the software (scanner wizard) and drivers included with XP and 2000 WOULD work. Which IS the case all I had to do was plug it in and turn on the computer and it recognized it and configured itself.

Mark1Mcclarty's Response to Laurence Aghabi.'s Review

Written on: 22/11/2003

TO THE EARLIER REVIEW. IT WAS MADE ABSOLUTLEY CLEAR BY HP THAT THE PSC 500 WOULD NOT WORK WITH WINDOWS 2000 & XP (NT BASED PLATFORMS)HOWEVER, EVERYTHING WORKS FINE ON MY PRINTER FOR TWO YEARS NOW. IT WAS ALSO MADE CLEAR BY HP THAT THE SCAN BUTTON WOULD BE FUNCTIONAL WHEN IN OPERATION WITH THE 2000 AND XP OPERATING SYSTEMS. wHY DO U NEED IT? iT IS AS SIMPLE TO USE THE SOFTWARE INCORPORATED IN XP

Oddworld's Response to Laurence Aghabi.'s Review

Written on: 15/09/2003

Installation HP PSC 500 on MS Windows 2000 Pro
<br>Do not connect the lpt 1 cable with the computer
<br>Cold boot:
<br>Turn off all running applications, virus scanners, ie, etc.
<br>Remove current HP software from your computer, through the use of add/remove from control panel.
<br>Next search files and remove them:
<br>Search for : HP0 (zero)
<br> : series
<br> : *.tmp
<br>When done, reboot
<br>Again, turn off all running applications, virus scanners, ie, etc.
<br>Load the HP PSC 500 cdrom
<br>Run:
<br>D:\install\officejet\setup.exe
<br>D:\Install\IRIS\setup.exe
<br>Turn off you computer
<br>Connect the lpt 1 cable with the computer
<br>Turn on the computer
<br>
<br>It works for me almost every time.

Angelo.'s Response to Laurence Aghabi.'s Review

Written on: 28/02/2003

How do we network psc 500 using win me to win me??? printer sharing is all i need

Salomon Moyal.'s Response to Laurence Aghabi.'s Review

Written on: 22/01/2003

Sorry about my english, i got a network with computers at home, my dell has the latest service packed windows 2000 (not sure if sp2) i really can't get the HP PSC 500 to scan.
It might be that following Billy's example Fiorina tries us to sell each two years some new hardware.
I was till now fully satisfied of my psc 500.

58662_Andre.'s Response to Laurence Aghabi.'s Review

Written on: 17/12/2002

That's funny -- I've had my PSC500 running without problems on my Win2000 machine for more than 18 months now.
There are Win2000 drivers available on www.hp.com since March 2001...