Polti Vaporetto Reviews

• Service & Support

Polti Vaporetto - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Polti Vaporetto

“Never Again”

Written on: 04/06/2014 by sl1pperyj1m (1 review written)

Completely useless steam tank decided to explode ; no more steam. Plastics cheap and nasty accessories break all the time… Read Full Review

“Polti Vaporetto”

Written on: 09/07/2013

Bought top of range product in march, arrived start of april. Was initially very pleased, then product malfunctioned. Polti customer service is poor, they do not reply to emails or return calls. After only 3 months of occasional use the product malfunctioned, polti wanted to return it for repair for up to 4 weeks. Not acceptable. Returned product to John lewis for a refund and will not buy another Polti product… Read Full Review

Slufbeer's Comment

Written on: 01/08/2013

i agree vaporetto is bad italian design and of poor quality,

advice is not to buy vaporetto product .

S.gilliland's Comment

Written on: 21/01/2014

I couldn't agree how useless some of the POLTI product is. One in particular the one I bought from Go-Electricals in Settle (bought online)the purpose of this product is to vacuum the floor and it is NOT fulfilling its purpose. Risk Assessment and Health and Safety inspectors should have not given this a Pass certificate in my opinion as: 1. There is no supply cable storage similar to my existing one which I can make shorter or longer during the cleaning process by pressing a button. If you keep the cord in its storage during use, it doesn't come out when you need it, as you have to switch off the machine lift out the dirt container and put it back again and so on. This is the most ridiculous process of vacuuming a floor ever!!! If you let the whole length of the cord out during use the cord goes all over the place, catches in anything lying on the floor and I tripped over it many times no matter how careful I am!!
2. Lecoaspira 690 model has not got a universal brush that could be used for carpet at a 'push of a button', the universal brush doesn't run smoothly over carpet because of the very stiff bristles underneath it. I have a very bad backache and shoulder aches after using it in my small living room because the bristle underneath the brush impedes you from moving from one space to the next ( only glides forwards and backwards and if you change your movement to left to right, the tube doesn't want to cooperate hence I almost dislocated both my shoulders in the process. 3. The EcoActive Filter assembly and cover is also a disaster to use from filling in with water, to the most hideous task of all, the cleaning of it afterwards! 4. The tubes are that stiff that it resist your movement and I stop using it as not to end up with a dislocated wrists too. 5. The Instruction Manual Booklet is NOT very comprehensive and the DVD does not cover the basic operations for the model my husband bought. The DVD instruction is more for the most expensive steamer product.
Overall, in my opinion this vacuum cleaner is a disaster waiting to happen. Go-Eelectrical in Settle won't have anything to do with it as the 6 months warranty have 'expired', although the I've only managed to use it for 1 hour!. They are not even prepared to swap it for other model and directed me instead to send it to their supplier in Manchester. POLTI staff in Manchester thinks there is nothing wrong with the product!!! PLEASE don't ever think of buying this product as at the moment it pains me to face a £280.00 worth of vacuum cleaner that doesn't allow you to vacuum properly and it only sucks..

“Cumbersome & heavy”

Written on: 18/04/2012

I bought this before doing enough research. I am so disappointed in it, so heavy & awkward to use, it's like wrestling with a Sumo. I am now doing proper research & am having to accept the fact that I am never going to get the Polti out of the cupboard, I am buying another steam cleaner and will try to give the beast away to someone with bigger muscles than mine! It cleans floors OK, but I found the extras such as cooker didn't do the job well… Read Full Review

Richarddunn's Comment

Written on: 05/03/2013

Oh dear. i have just purchased a Polti from John lewis,. The tube clip broke of straight away, now the switch wont work, and i cant get the cap of the very flimsy body. its not looking good, i think i'll take it back and get another make. i have used it for only ten minutes.

Polti Vaporetto

“Piece of absolute rubbish”

Written on: 25/10/2011 by emmabar (1 review written)

This product is so disappointing, it did not work as soon as we got it out of the box. The main problem is the hoover suction - it cuts out as soon as you put it onto high suction. On top of this it is bulky and flimsy and the plastic has broken. I'm not surprised to see so many bad comments on this site - but it does reinforce my feelings about this. We bought a Dyson this year and I am so pleased with that - it does the job perfectly and is so streamline. Don't go near the Polti, it's a total… Read Full Review

Polti Vaporetto

“Don't buy their products; I think the company is in...”

Written on: 10/05/2011 by Krug7575 (1 review written)

Don't buy their products; I think the company is in financial difficulties. Plastic components keep breaking even though our steam cleaner is under 1 year old and was their top of the range. Customer service is not existent you can't get through without being disconnected and they do not even. I will be trying to contact their MD as a last resort before going down the legal channel… Read Full Review

Polti Customer Services's Response to Krug7575's Review

Written on: 11/05/2011

I am very disappointed to read of your experience with Polti UK. I can only apologise for any inconvenience this has caused you and will do my upmost to resolve this situation. Can I please also assure you that the company is not under any financial difficulty and again apologise for these unacceptable problems. Please contact me directly on contact.uk@polti.com and I will be happy to help with any queries.
<br/>
<br/>Customer Services Manager, Polti UK
<br/>

Polti Customer Services's Response to Krug7575's Review

Written on: 27/05/2011

Dear customer,
Thank you for your letter dated 13th May. We were pleased to hear that your issue had been resolved and that you were very happy with our customer service with regards this matter.

Customer Services Manager, Polti UK

Shivanimathur's reply to Polti Customer Services's Comment

Written on: 20/04/2014

I have a real problem - I bought a polti intelegent steam cleaner a few months ago - it cost me 600 quid and it is a disaster.I have not used it more than 3 times. the power supply keeps getting cut off and my phonecalls are not answered. I am at work all day so I cannot call - and polti seems not to work on weekends.
The steam vac does not work. It keeps cutting off and restting the menu.
how can i get this fixed?

Polti Vaporetto

“Have tried to get my Vaporetto 2400 repaired (steam...”

Written on: 30/03/2011

Have tried to get my Vaporetto 2400 repaired (steam does not reach appropriate pressure for cleaning) but access seems denied, thanks to use of "Torx" bolts, located at end of long access slots. Wish someone from Polti would help me, as we valued this cleaner greatly when working. Needless to say it is now out of guarantee... Wish I'd noted how tricky those access bolts are to remove for inspection. We bought this at John Lewis and bought their iron too; both worked well initially… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 04/04/2012

You can buy long 'security fastener' bits to access the screws on your machine. They had some at Screwfix on special offer a few weeks ago, don't know if they still have them on offer but you can get them all over, e.g. Toolstation.

Polti Vaporetto

“owned one for 18 months when it failed and would not...”

Written on: 17/03/2011

owned one for 18 months when it failed and would not heat uo the water. Contacted Polti with full details asking where the nearest Polti 'repair' centre was. After just over one week they contacted me and offered to give me a new replacement and to take back the faulty machine. This has now been done and its full marks to Polti for customer service.The old machine only had a couple of weeks before the guarantee ran out!… Read Full Review

Polti Vaporetto

“I've had the red Vaporetto 2400 by Polti for about 5...”

Written on: 08/03/2011

I've had the red Vaporetto 2400 by Polti for about 5 years, used once a week for cleaning kitchen floor and ironing. Its performance was always just okay. It has never produced really 'dry' steam, and the sectional assembly for floor cleaning flexes in use. In the last year it has been dribbling water and overheating. It is now useless for ironing and leaves floors wet. I have used Kalstop from the outset at the correct dosage. I have tried repeatedly to contact Polti but their phones just ring… Read Full Review

Polti Vaporetto

“I read so many reviews about the Polti Vaporetto...”

Written on: 18/02/2011

I read so many reviews about the Polti Vaporetto Lecoaspira steam cleaners before I bought one. No one raved about the machine but I must have foolishly thought I would have a different experience. I needed a steam cleaner to sanitize our van after it sat in 3 ft of muddy floodwater overnight. I justified the '500+ I would spend because to have the van cleaned professionally was '650. Just a year later and I am ready to scrap the machine. It shorts every time it is turned on.

The attachment… Read Full Review

Polti Vaporetto

“I have had mine for nearly 10 years, I use it most...”

Written on: 16/02/2011

I have had mine for nearly 10 years, I use it most weekends and providing that you use the kalstop I don't see any reason why yours shouldnt last as long, I have had no problems with mine I would recommend this product.
It is on the large size but compact the attachments have all lasted too so I cannot complain, the only thing I have had to replace are the clothes and the small attachment brush. When you think about how long I have had the product this isnt bad… Read Full Review

Allabarra's Comment

Written on: 09/11/2012

Perhaps they should take a look at the specification of 10 years ago and consider that all change is not good

Polti Vaporetto

“We purchased Polti Steam Cleaner 2007. In 2008 I was...”

Written on: 25/01/2011 by Julia 1 (1 review written)

We purchased Polti Steam Cleaner 2007. In 2008 I was using the cleaner and the pressure valve exploded in my face. I had horrible BURN injuries to my face and neck and was admitted to hospital. (So much for the uniquely patented safety cap that prevents opening whilst there is any residual pressure in the tank). We were advised to send the Steam Cleaner direct to POLTI for investigation. That was December 2008. We have been trying to get it back eversince to carry out our own tests. Polti you… Read Full Review

Hebdenk's Response to Julia 1's Review

Written on: 12/12/2012

We have had trouble with burns with this too. Luckily only had it a month. I tried contacting Polti - no joy so have returned it to John Lewis for a refund.

Polti Vaporetto

“The after care service from Polti is appalling I have...”

Written on: 21/01/2011 by Ann Harding (1 review written)

The after care service from Polti is appalling I have been emailing and calling since November and have still not got anywhere, I have my Polti boxed up unable to use it and only purchased it in September, they are good when they work but if you have any issues as for the company Polti they are very poor at putting things right… Read Full Review

Elawro's Response to Ann Harding's Review

Written on: 08/12/2012

I bought a Polti years ago with the iron attachment, it cost around £400. It worked well for years although I only used it every couple of months. Then it went off, I think it was the thermostat as there was no power. I rang them and they said it would cost £35; that seemed to be a set price. Then after a week or so they rang and asked for £70, I said I wouldn't bother to send it back to me but they said NO, I either had to pay or they said they would 'bin' it so I had to pay-up £70... It came back supposed to be repaired but was just the same. I rang and got a very arrogant manger who told me to 'Shake it' and it would probably work, it didn't of course so I asked for either my money back or a repair it but was told NO you've had it back for more than 2 weeks and not to bother ringing again and that she would be the only one I would get through to....Great.... Would I buy another Polti, NO because of the lack of service...

Polti Vaporetto

“Purchased 7th July 2010 , used twice - steam activator...”

Written on: 15/01/2011

Purchased 7th July 2010 , used twice - steam activator switch malfunction leaving steam permanently on . Contacted Service Dept was despatched and returned 5 weeks later - FAULT NOT FIXED - STEAM PIPE DAMAGED IN 2 PLACES (not by me).Had many discussions with service dept got nowhere , husband eventually wrote to the CEO of Polti (Francesca Polti) - no response whatsover ! Eventually I spoke to a SALES person called Anne - 09/12/2010
She asked me to return it DIRECT to the Polti works at Leeds… Read Full Review

Polti Vaporetto

“Having written a complaint in September, I thought I...”

Written on: 14/01/2011

Having written a complaint in September, I thought I should update readers on Polti. One of the directors read my review and contacted me the same day. He admitted that Polti had had problems with their customer service department and promised to rectify the problem immediately. Within 2 days I had a replacement machine, which I am happy to report has worked brilliantly with no problems (touch wood!)… Read Full Review

Polti Vaporetto

“I have had the red Polti for so many years I would say...”

Written on: 23/12/2010

I have had the red Polti for so many years I would say since 1998. I have the commercial model and have NO problems with it. I have the house cleaners use it to clean the floors. I had a company in Seattle repair when I had small issues with the first model. Now I have the red commercial model and have not had one problem.

It is sooo worth it. I clean carpets, floors, ovens etc. and you name it with it… Read Full Review

Polti Vaporetto

“ I purchased VAPERRETO 950 and after a few months...”

Written on: 24/11/2010 by donn10 (3 reviews written)

I purchased VAPERRETO 950 and after a few months the small brush failed ( snapped at the mid point which is very weak) I tried to contact the sales department, which is the only e mail address that they provide but they consistently refuse to answer and all i was requesting was the price and availability of a replacement.So if you looking for any Polti products I would think again as their customer service is a joke… Read Full Review

Polti Vaporetto

“I bought a Polti Vaporella steam generator iron (950...”

Written on: 17/11/2010

I bought a Polti Vaporella steam generator iron (950 model). After 6 months it started leaking black fluid and the continous steam button broke. It was sent in for repairs. After 2 months (yes 2 months) it was returned to me leaking with the a new tank (for a different model) and the button broken. There is no service guarantee, no SLA agreement, no date given for repairs, no escalation procedures at after sales service and no call backs. Nobody at Polti cares about the so-called 'warrantee'… Read Full Review

Polti Vaporetto

“The Polti Vaporetto 950 is a cracking little steam...”

Written on: 01/10/2010

The Polti Vaporetto 950 is a cracking little steam cleaner, if you only want to do small jobs.For larger jobs or long useage it's not up to it. We had ours for 9 months when it suddenly stopped working and failed to produce any steam. Polti customer service is the worst I have ever come across. As soon as we said it was a Vaporetto 950 they immediately said the cleaner was obsolete and un-repairable, even though it is still being made and sold. We were told there was nothing they could do and… Read Full Review

Little Lottie's Comment

Written on: 19/12/2010

I had the same response from Polti when I informed them that my brand new 950 was faulty - I never even managed to use it as the pressure cap just came loose every time I tried, and therefore no pressure - I was fortunate that I had bought it through Ideal World and they dealt with it -

Polti Vaporetto

“I purchased my polti steam cleaner in january and...”

Written on: 16/09/2010

I purchased my polti steam cleaner in january and thought it was amazing the first time I used it - unfortunately I have only used it once since, one of the attachments blew off (the lance)I was lucky that I was not seriously injured. It took Polti months to replace the part, they kept sending the wrong part. Now it will not heat up - I have been trying to communicate with polti since 4th august. They will hang up on you on the phone, and do not respond to emails. DO NOT PURCHASE ANY PRODUCTS… Read Full Review

Polti Vaporetto

“I have only used the vaporetto 950 twice and do feel...”

Written on: 13/09/2010

I have only used the vaporetto 950 twice and do feel like its a toy cleaner. The cable is far too short to be of any good and whilst this might seem petty it does grate my gears having to attach extention leads to clean bathroom and hallway. The functions of the machine are easy and straight foreward to use although im not sure if its just me but i cant get the cloth or for that matter any cloth to hold onto the head for very long. With the brush heads down it is very hard to push on carpets… Read Full Review