Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 160GB Reviews

Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 160GB - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 160GB

☆☆☆☆☆
Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 160GB

“I have replaced one SATA 160 Seagate Barracuda 7200.7,...”

Written on: 22/03/2005 by shiftyCAN (1 review written)

I have replaced one SATA 160 Seagate Barracuda 7200.7, drive within 3 months of use. I just got the replacment back the end of February 2005. Its now March 22nd 2005 and the drive is failing once again. Except this time the RMA dept is giving me the run around. Asking me to scan the sticker on the drive and email it to them. My advice to anyone considering buying a new SATA Seagate hard drive: DON'T !! Buy from someone else like Western Digital. :(… Read Full Review

Bobtech's Response to 186240_shiftyCAN's Review

Written on: 07/04/2008

I don't actually disagree with this review, because I've heard other horror stories about this series of Seagate drives and the needless problems their owners have had in dealing with Seagate.<br/> However I feel I should play 'devil's advocate' and say that I replaced a failing Samsung 80GB drive with one of these Seagates 9 months ago, and it's functioned flawlessly.<br/> In view of the experience you and others have had, I'm just hoping it will continue to be trouble free. Good luck finding a reliable drive.

Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 160GB

“Well I have a very bad opinion about the Seagate...”

Written on: 21/12/2004 by screech (3 reviews written)

Well I have a very bad opinion about the Seagate Barracuda 7200.7, 160 GB because I changed 2 of them in 3 months (the first had a manufacturing flaw I guess, because it stopped working after 1 week; the second started to have bad sectors after 2 months, and 2 weeks after they first started to appear it stopped working). Maybe not all have had these problems but I changed my opinion about this brand.
*Capacity:160 GB