Maxtor MaXLine Plus II 250GB Reviews

• Ease of Set Up

Maxtor MaXLine Plus II 250GB - Ask a question now

Maxtor MaXLine Plus II 250GB

“Lost two drives myself too. Lost 10 years of photos...”

Written on: 29/02/2008

Lost two drives myself too. Lost 10 years of photos and letters and other very important stuff. Entirely my fault, kept putting off backing my stuff up. Don't need to back it up now.
DO NOT BUY Maxtor MaXLine Plus II 250 GB… Read Full Review

Maxtor MaXLine Plus II 250GB

“Quickly run to your PC and rip off the side panel....”

Written on: 28/01/2006 by soapbox68 (2 reviews written)

Quickly run to your PC and rip off the side panel. Find your hard drive, and if it says Maxtor MaXLine Plus II, backup all your files! WELL DON'T JUST SIT THERE - RUN MAN RUN!!

PS. My original drive and its replacement only lasted about 8 and 12 months, so it has happened to me twice… Read Full Review

Bertie's Response to soapbox68's Review

Written on: 28/01/2006

soapbox.......you must be storing all your pics in RAW to need a hard drive that big, but then, videos do take up a lot of room.
However, commiserations on your troubles and I hope you'll have no more.
I believe there is a program somewhere that can warn you of impending hard drive failure and although this computer is only months old, I'll try and get it as it seems to be very desirable from what you've related - and the other reviewer too.
What program I do have is Belarc Advisor and it advises me:-
Maxtor 6Y120L0 [Hard drive] (122.94 GB) -- drive 0, s/n Y3656GYE, rev YAR41BW0, SMART Status: Healthy.
As you see, although I have a Maxtor, it's a different model to yours and I'm breathing a little easier now especially after all the running I did!
Having said that, I'm going to put all my pics on CD when I work out how to do it. I have the necessary burner (sounds like a welding tool) and the Nero program.
Good luck with it all.

Soapbox68's Response to soapbox68's Review

Written on: 31/01/2006

hi bertie.. make sure you get in the habit of burning your photos as soon as you put them on your pc. I use hd tune to check my hdd and it's great for giving you a idea of the drives health but both my maxtors failed with no warning, knocking noises from the drive and slowing down then blue screen of death. Seagate give a five year warranty with their drives you only get one or two from maxtor!?...."get them running shoes out!" cheers bertie ....soap

Maxtor MaXLine Plus II 250GB

“My advice regarding the Maxtor MaXLine Plus II, 250 GB...”

Written on: 30/07/2005 by matthew pooley (1 review written)

My advice regarding the Maxtor MaXLine Plus II, 250 GB is simple - Don't buy one… Read Full Review

Johnwheez's Response to matthew pooley's Review

Written on: 21/11/2005

I agree..I have had to replace every single on of my MaxLine Plus 2 133 ATA drives.