Toshiba 40H80 Reviews

Media Gallery for Toshiba 40H80

Specification for Toshiba 40H80

Features:
  • HDTV ready with a 40-inch screen, delivers reflection-free viewing
  • SRS surround sound reproduces original 3-D audio field for improved home theater sound
  • Features convenient front audio-video and S-video inputs
  • 3-D Y/C digital comb filter reduces cross-color interference and color ringing
  • Includes illuminated, universal remote control with batteries
  • Refine your search

“great tv kids love it”

Written on: 25/09/2014 by tinydog04 (2 reviews written)

got it free from craigslist lol works great great sound pictures dosent blink but moves every now n then need help lol don't know much bout hd TV's thanks Josh Sr… Read Full Review

“great tv kids love it”

Written on: 25/09/2014 by tinydog04 (2 reviews written)

Toshiba 40H80

“Have had the Toshiba 40H80 Rear Projection Television...”

Written on: 24/03/2004 by Dabitz (1 review written)

Have had the Toshiba 40H80 Rear Projection Television for 2 years, great TV but after 2 years image quality isn't the same and it is having problems with color convergence settings. I am glad I bought a 4 year extended warranty… Read Full Review

Toshiba 40H80

“I purchased a 40H80 in 4/01 after reading for the most...”

Written on: 05/12/2001 by Anthony Peticca. (1 review written)

I purchased a 40H80 in 4/01 after reading for the most part positive reviews and the yearn for a 16x9 HD set. After two weeks of having the set it shut off abruptly. I was uncertain of why, however it did turn back on. Worked fine until 12/01. The set would turn off abruptly and the power indicator would blink. The only way to reset it would be to unplug it. After doing so it would stay on momentarily and shut off. The more I did this the less time it would stay on, until it wouldn't… Read Full Review

Willard.'s Response to Anthony Peticca.'s Review

Written on: 18/10/2002

Did you ever find out what was wrong? I have a Toshiba 36" TV that is doing the exact same thing. I noticed that if I pound on the floor it will turn it back on however I don't want to do this repeatedly!

Hambag's Response to Anthony Peticca.'s Review

Written on: 30/04/2012

DID YOU FIX THE PROBLEM AND WHAT WAS IT?

Rokkit.'s Response to Anthony Peticca.'s Review

Written on: 27/03/2003

My Toshiba 40H80 widescreen projection TV just died. It is not yet two years old. I had been having trouble with the power switch not working. Intermittently, the TV would not shut off unless I unplugged the TV. I figured this was a glitch that I could live with. Well maybe I should have been more concerned. When I turned on my TV today I was greeted by a loud buzzing noise and no picture. As expected, the power switch did not work so I unplugged the TV. After turning the power back on the TV picture was totally distorted with the red and blue color convergence wavering back and forth. I have repeated this process several times but the TV only alternates between having a distorted picture or no picture at all. Tomorrow I will stop at the local TV repair shop to see if they can help.

☆☆☆☆☆
    Toshiba 40H80

“I placed an order for a Toshiba 40H80 on July 8th and...”

Written on: 24/07/2001 by Jake Moses. (1 review written)

I placed an order for a Toshiba 40H80 on July 8th and my television arrived just a few days later on July 12th. There was no physical damage to the box, but after opening it and plugging it in the TV would not turn on. Although the television never worked Toshiba said they do not have a policy of replacing products. They will only repair a defective item. I called every authorized service center in my area (one was on vacation) and the other two were both working on another Toshiba widescreen… Read Full Review

Jewells.'s Response to Jake Moses.'s Review

Written on: 09/05/2002

My husband and I are currently shopping for a widescreen HDTV and were going to get the Toshiba 50HX81, but decided that for our space and seating arangements we needed the 43H81. We have found that good reviews outnumber bad ones, but it's so hard to judge without more info. For instance, there is no mention in either of these bad reviews of where they bought the troublesome tvs, and whether they followed the instructions in the manual for setup. I know that with our old tv, which was a 40" Mitsubishi rear projection tv, we would have been lost without the manual. And the same with our DVD player...we thought it was defective until we read the manual and discovered that we needed to change some settings. So I would be interested to know whether these guys just plugged it in and expected it to work perfect or actually read the manual as they were installing it.

183954_Maugusty's Response to Jake Moses.'s Review

Written on: 13/02/2005

I am an owner of a Toshiba 42H82 projection TV. When it was first delivered it worked about three hours, then a crack noise came from the TV and it went dead. Called the store that sold it and they brought a new one the following day. Great service, this was 11/4/2002. Today is 2/13/2005 and my TV has the power indicator light on then goes to flashing, no picture, no sound. Monday I will call my local repair shop and report my experiences. I see this seems like an inherent problem, so I will do my best to report part numbers and repair procedures to help all interested.

23311_Jake Moses.'s Response to Jake Moses.'s Review

Written on: 12/05/2002

No, in fact, in spite of my considerable experience with audio/video equipment I had the same initial feelings. I figured, "This is brand new...I must be doing something wrong." I spent the next few hours reading the instruction manual over and over again (which confirmed, over and over again, that I had set up the TV correctly) and tried all different configurations. The repair shop took my TV and found the problem (the main circuit board had been cracked while a machine added a secondary board to a slot on the main one). The TV repair shop could not get through to a supervisor at Toshiba to have the part authorized to ship for two weeks so I began hounding them. After they promised it would ship three separate times and never shipped it (over the course of two more weeks) I put a reverse payment on my credit card. The next day a supervisor called me and said, "I just overnighted that part to the service center. If we will send you a new progressive scan DVD player for free will you remove the stop payment on you credit card and keep the TV?" So in the end I got a free DVD player and the place that I bought it refunded me the cost of the extended warranty so I guess it was worth it. But it was a stressfull ordeal to say the least. Since then, by the way, it has developed a tendency to shut off and lose all of the settings in its memory. I have read about this problem a lot as a lot of people with this TV have had the same thing happen, so it's back to the service center.