Daisy PowerLine TargetPro 953 Reviews

Daisy PowerLine TargetPro 953 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Daisy PowerLine TargetPro 953

Daisy PowerLine TargetPro 953
Daisy PowerLine TargetPro 953

“bet pellet gun ive ever had!”

Written on: 08/04/2014 by brady25 (1 review written)

best gun I've ever had! i hunt small game with it!! and just regular target shooting! accuracy is great! with sight and my scope, i have a 3-9x32 partliner scope and it goes great with the gun… Read Full Review

“I am quite pleased with my 953, due in part because I...”

Written on: 04/09/2009

I am quite pleased with my 953, due in part because I did not have any unrealistic expectations for an air rifle that was this inexpensive. My primary reason for writing this is to recommend CLEANING THE BARREL before you start
shooting it. I ran over a dozen solvent soaked patches through the barrel before they started coming out clean… Read Full Review

“I've shot about 250 pellets so far. I'm using Daisy...”

Written on: 29/07/2009 by martymart8864 (1 review written)

I've shot about 250 pellets so far. I'm using Daisy precision MAX pointed pellets (.177) with the Daisy PowerLine and I just love it. I easily kill small prey from about 10 yards. I'm having lots of fun with this rifle. Very precise and easy to use.Waiting to get licensed so I get get something more powerfull (only 500FPS)… Read Full Review

“Physh, ”

Written on: 06/05/2009

Physh,
You said the Daisy PowerLine TargetPro 953 is a econo-version of the up-scale Daisy traget rifles, and that it is a non-lothar Walther Barrel, that my be. Open the action, shine a flashlight up the barrel and count the lands and groves. I head-shot a target today at approx 20 yards with a Beeman Laser pellet, it dropped where it stood… Read Full Review

“I was first attracted by "quality to price ratio". The...”

Written on: 07/12/2008 by Neoreaper (1 review written)

I was first attracted by "quality to price ratio". The 953 also has nice visual design. Good points are the shots fired in quick succession, the smooth mechanis, its very well balanced and the Daisy Powerline TargetPro 953 had great accuracy for a 550fps model. Only improvement I could mention would involve changes to the clip size, a bigger one is necessary… Read Full Review

“I am very pleased with this Daisy PowerLine TargetPro...”

Written on: 31/08/2008 by eunjin (5 reviews written)

I am very pleased with this Daisy PowerLine TargetPro 953 air rifle, I understand it is only a target rifle but have used it for rodent control (mice), just enough power, but when it comes to accuracy that is another matter it has lots to spare. Have mine fitted with leapers 3x9x40 AO scope can pop captain crunch cereal at 15 yards with ease. This has to be one of the most accurate air rifles I have ever used. my shots were take from benched position.
when shot over the Chrony, with Crosman… Read Full Review

“Got this Daisy PowerLine TargetPro 953 for $72, and...”

Written on: 28/08/2008 by thebookdoc (5 reviews written)

Got this Daisy PowerLine TargetPro 953 for $72, and very happy with the purchase. It may be a bit slow at 490fps, but the single-cocking effort is nice. Recommended: additional 5 shot clips (5 for $5). Wish they'd come out with the same in a wood stock option, but again the synthetic passes pretty well...I just like wood… Read Full Review

“I can take out most small game. I got 2 rabbits and 5...”

Written on: 09/08/2008

I can take out most small game. I got 2 rabbits and 5 squirrels. I would recommend using the pointed tip pellets if you are hunting. I like the 5 shot indexing clip. The pnuematic pump is smooth, and it has an overall good feel to it. I shoot .22's a lot, an this feels exactly like it. I mounted mine with a scope, and it's very accurate… Read Full Review

“Awesome, no more racoons eating my garbage!!!!!!”

Written on: 18/05/2008

Awesome, no more racoons eating my garbage!!!!!!… Read Full Review

“A good airgun for target shooting and hunting, so far...”

Written on: 12/03/2008 by shiconia (1 review written)

A good airgun for target shooting and hunting, so far this baby has done over 200 kills over 50 yards.

BEST RIFLE UNDER $200 EVER… Read Full Review

“How do you rate a rifle when everyones criteria is so...”

Written on: 19/02/2008 by danflex (27 reviews written)

How do you rate a rifle when everyones criteria is so different?

I'll try to rate a 10 Meter Practice Target Rifle that retails for $75.00.

Daisy has hit the mark and beyond with this gun.
They call it the 953 Target gun. Exactly what it is.
They don't claim it's a hunting gun or a 20 meter competition gun.
It was designed to be a practice ten meter target gun and extremely small game rifle..
With respect to their attempt to make an affordable straight shooting target rifle I think they succeeded… Read Full Review

“Daisy 953 - Overall it is a very nicely done one cock...”

Written on: 27/12/2007 by enthusiast (8 reviews written)

Daisy 953 - Overall it is a very nicely done one cock pneumatic air rifle with a nice feel and comfortable to use. It is balanced and it is easy to cock that one time, which is a plus. It is a pneumatic one cock rifle so
that gives it excellent safety points. It will not ever hurt you while is is being loading. I cannot recommend this rifle because is is made mostly of plastic and will not live long enough for you to enjoy. The tolerances will get worn quickly, the air seal will go out… Read Full Review

Boilingleadbath's Response to enthusiast's Review

Written on: 23/07/2008

If your scope is losing zero like that on a pneumatic airgun, you probably have a scope problem, not a rifle problem.<br/><br/>Which doesn't surprise me. It came with one of those 10$ jokescopes, right?

473575_Infinitidl's Response to enthusiast's Review

Written on: 15/07/2009

This reviewer seems to have lost touch with reality, making assumptions, "tolerances will get worn quickly", "the air seal will go out soon". Has to adjust his scope too often. Seems like a hypochondriac to me, always looking for the worst and if you look hard enough you will find it wither it exist or not. Inaccuracy, not because of a cheap scope or poor marksmanship, but because the gun just decides to "go off". duh..... If I make several good shots, yippee for me. If I make couple bad shots, dang gun "goes off".
<br/>
<br/>I have put over 15K rounds thru my little 953 and it still shoots strong and true. Sure I have the occasional flyer, sometimes I just plain miss . But, if you hit bulls eye every time, what fun is that. And if it doesn't last so what, it cost less than $100 bucks including shipping.

“I used the 5 round clip to load single....hard to use...”

Written on: 16/12/2007 by ajvenom (18 reviews written)

I used the 5 round clip to load single....hard to use the single shot port and I am used to it opening on the left ....but the 953 opens on the right and is harder to load in my opinon. Does well with Gamo Raptors and Rockets. Crosman Premier Super Match worked well as far as paper punching ammo goes. First time you use it, pump it fast to get it to pump. It won't hold pressure if you go slow when new. As it breaks in, feeding pellets and the bolt cycle have been getting smoother, and the… Read Full Review

Ajvenom's Response to ajvenom's Review

Written on: 27/10/2008

Using a Leapers 4x32AO scope the best 10M groups came from using JSB Exact Diabolo Heavy 10.2gr. As for Match pellets, the RWS Meisterkugeln 8.2gr and Crosman Premier Super Match 7.9gr have worked out the best so far.

“I know many have suggested the Daisy Powerline should...”

Written on: 26/06/2007 by Peter Mitchell (1 review written)

I know many have suggested the Daisy Powerline should not be used to hunt anything larger than a bird. I've used it for a month now to hunt gophers. That said, I must give a couple of qualifiers. First, here in Saskatchewan, Canada we have two kinds of gophers: small, dumb ones called "ground squirrels" (still a gopher nonetheless) and larger, smarter ones that are a golden brown. I have hunted primarily the smaller, dumber "ground squirrel" variety as well as pups of the larger, smarter brown… Read Full Review

Canadian Shooter's Response to Peter Mitchell's Review

Written on: 14/07/2007

I dunno man, definitely that gun is doing 480fps, and with a standard 7.9 grain pellets that equals 4.06 foot pounds of energy on impact, at the muzzle. Now, take it to 20 yards, and that pellets is probably going 450fps or so, which equals 3.57 foot pounds. I wouldn't use that gun for prairie dogs. This sounds preachy, but in my book, a kill that wasn't instant, i.e. requires you to rush up and shoot it again, isn't a good kill. They shouldn't suffer at all. Get a .22 airgun, such as the Crosman 2289, and use that. Leave the .177 at home for the pop cans and pest birds.
<br/>
<br/>Good review though.

Aznhkpd's Response to Peter Mitchell's Review

Written on: 15/08/2009

Where did you get your hands on the Daisy 953 I've been looking for it for quite awhile, I need a substitute for my aging 853

“I purchased the gun from pyramidair.com. Out of the...”

Written on: 04/02/2007 by bobmcfed223 (1 review written)

I purchased the gun from pyramidair.com. Out of the box it worked smoothly. No problem if you don't have a sight, the colored sights make shooting very easy. This gun is also good for small game or pigions… Read Full Review

“I purchased this air rifle intending to use it...”

Written on: 21/12/2006 by boilingleadbath (1 review written)

I purchased this air rifle intending to use it primarily for recreational target practice, and it performs well in this regard, so long as one feeds it properly. (More on ammo in 3 paragraphs)

I didn't particularly like the fibre-optic sights (but that's probably bias and poor vision), and removed them to access the dovetails on both the receiver and the muzzle weight. A quality 4x fixed power scope was mounted and was zeroed without much trouble; the dovetails where pointed in pretty much the… Read Full Review

2Rcha's Response to boilingleadbath's Review

Written on: 02/03/2007

I have a &#039;953, and the lighter the pellet the better, I tried Lasers, Crosman Premiers, Gamo Master Points, Gamo Hunters, Gamo Raptors, Gamo Rockets, Copperheads, and the best pellet to use is the Daisy lead free@5.2 gr, I found no loss in groupings at 50 ft.as far as power, you see the full potential w/ the lighter pellets, also up to 50ft its great on small game, it's accurate so nothing but head shots.

“Daisy PowerLine TargetPro 953 - This is the first...”

Written on: 07/07/2006 by TexasBeginner (1 review written)

Daisy PowerLine TargetPro 953 - This is the first pellet gun I've owned since I was a kid. Boy, what a selection to pick from. I wanted something mostly for plinking in the back yard, and occassionally for bird/squirrel. It also needed to be quiet so I wouldn't disturb the neighbors.
I settled on the Daisy 953 Target Pro. I bought it last night and almost took it back without shooting it because I didn't like the plastic/rubber insert that loads the pellet. It just looks like something that… Read Full Review

“If you are old enough you will remember buying an air...”

Written on: 16/02/2006 by James Underwood (13 reviews written)

If you are old enough you will remember buying an air gun and, upon opening the box, noticing a small tag therein that read "Inspected by #34." (Or #23 or whatever.)
You laughed a bit at the thought of some poor slob spending his life inspecting air guns, but you took it for granted that such inspection was actually done.
No longer. And it's a shame.
The Daisy Powerline 953 is a case in point, judging from the reviews here, and my own experience.
The 953 has the potential of being a really… Read Full Review

455013_Ace28's Response to James Underwood's Review

Written on: 19/04/2009

Did you get you 953 back from Daisy. I have one that has the same problem with rear sight height too high and difficulty in loading pellets.

Alm09's Response to James Underwood's Review

Written on: 07/03/2011

To bring back the label "Inspected by..." we need to bring back our jobs lost to China. But you can't fight big corporations - they moved manufacturing to China for better profits, and everybody else has to suffer.

“I just got my Daisy PowerLine TargetPro 953 in a few...”

Written on: 15/01/2006 by markfh11q (4 reviews written)

I just got my Daisy PowerLine TargetPro 953 in a few weeks ago and I already put it through a few of its paces. From a bag at 10 meters, the shots hit pretty much in the same hole. Also, firing unsupported from prone is almost as easy as firing from a rest because of the design and trigger. Some people would complain about the sights, but they're simple enough to use. Just line up the three bright little dots and shoot at the top of the center one. The thing is easy enough to take apart also… Read Full Review

“I got my Daisy 953 from D & L in BC for $110.89 + s&h...”

Written on: 17/08/2005 by Rene Matteau (48 reviews written)

I got my Daisy 953 from D & L in BC for $110.89 + s&h $26.00 + gst $9.58 = $146.47 Canadian dollars.
But for about 1/3 of the price of a Daisy Avanti 853c, I think that Daisy has a winner here.
My 853c chrono at 490 fps with Copperhead pointed and the 953 chrono at 495 fps with Copperhead pointed.
All in all I am very happy with it.
So far I only shot with it 450 times… Read Full Review

Gotrice23's Response to Rene Matteau's Review

Written on: 12/10/2005

Hi, I live in BC too, and I'd like to know how much did you pay for the Daisy 853C. Also, did you buy the Daisy 853C in D&L airguns as well?

Rene Matteau's Response to Rene Matteau's Review

Written on: 12/10/2005

My Daisy Avanti 853c cost me around $325 from SIRmailorder in 2002. I find it a better shooter then the 953 but not 3 times better.
<br>By the way I live in N.S.