Intel Pentium III Reviews

• Ease of Set Up

Intel Pentium III - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Intel Pentium III

Intel Pentium III

“I use Intel Pentium III processor on two computers. ”

Written on: 21/02/2007 by photoman (62 reviews written)

I use Intel Pentium III processor on two computers.
Two are Slot 1 Pentium III 800E with 256K cache and 100MHZ FSB on dual processor server, they run Solaris very smooth.
The other one is Soclet 370 Pentium 733MHZ with 256K cache and 133MHZ FSB, it runs Solaris too.

Pentium III is a very good processor that can run today most if not all Office applications and to be used in offices and web surfing, or as small servers like print or file sharing. It can be used with UNIX/LINUX.

This processor… Read Full Review

Intel Pentium III

“I have still got my Intel Pentium III processor...”

Written on: 14/03/2004 by rburgess2003 (14 reviews written)

I have still got my Intel Pentium III processor (socket 370) 700mzh 100mzh bus speed in my pc its a very good chip then i read about overclocking and i had some games that need a bit more power and my 256 meg off pc133 was running the show so i got a retail heatsink and fan from ebay from a 2gzh celeron what the fella did not need i fitted the new heat sink and fan to the p3 chip and moved the jumper from 100 to 133 bus and booted her up and there it was 933mzh its been 8 months now and still… Read Full Review

Intel Pentium III

“Always tended to use Intel in the past and had plans...”

Written on: 19/07/2001 by Mr Downs. (1 review written)

Always tended to use Intel in the past and had plans to build a Pentium 4 system for myself but on closer investigation into the price I was put off.
I found the Thunderbird to be a very reliable processor, it has been tested to the max since the day I finished my PC and I have not been let down yet.
I have a 1.3GHz setup with Gefore III graphics card and 512MB SDRAM and my machine now boots up far faster than I imagined it would.
Easy to install, plenty of places seem to sell and stock the… Read Full Review

4862_Bill Gates Evil Twin.'s Response to 2996_Mr Downs.'s Review

Written on: 12/10/2001

Err... Are you reviewing the Pentium 3 or the AMD Thunderbird? They are made by different people y'know!
<br>The P3 is a pretty good processer with HUGE support although the AMD Thunderbird and Athalon chip have surged ahead in popularity ad reputation. <p>Due to the lower price and increase in support and interest in AMD chips I am buying A 1.1 Athalon system cheap rather that a P4 cos it will still kick ass in the years to come (+ I can upgrade cheaper) without loosing the performance of a P4. So what ever you are on about I agree :-) (I'd buy an athlon next if you do have a pentium 3 the newest AMD chips are stunning!)