Marksman Model 2004 Reviews

Marksman Model 2004 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Marksman Model 2004

Marksman Model 2004
Marksman Model 2004

“I use this gun for just about everything. Plinking on...”

Written on: 17/01/2010

I use this gun for just about everything. Plinking on the weekends, serous target practice, i dont hunt but i have used it to scare minor pests away. I bought the gun used from a friend and so far i would have to guesstimate it has around 20,000 shots on it. I do oil and clean it regulary. It is a very rugged construction, i have yet to seriously chip or scratch it in the field. It gets used a minumum of 4 hours a week and it delivers the punch every time you squeeze the trigger. I havent heard… Read Full Review

“hello i was wondering if you could write me back and...”

Written on: 05/11/2009

hello i was wondering if you could write me back and tell me how much it cost i want 1 pretty bad thank you from Andy… Read Full Review

“Leaks air after about 200 shots. The leverage in...”

Written on: 22/11/2008 by xarrowpointx (1 review written)

Leaks air after about 200 shots. The leverage in cocking the gun is very very difficult; and opening the gun is very difficult.

Also, pellet insertion is one big pain in the access. If I had known, I would never have bought this gun. Don't consider it at any price… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“DO NOT BUY!!! ”

Written on: 24/10/2008 by airgunguy (9 reviews written)

DO NOT BUY!!!
Junk! Garbage! Trash!
Now don't get me wrong,. I'm not one of those grumpy old men who thinks that everything is junk. There are still some real airgun values out there such as the Crosman 1377 and 2240. However, the Marksman 2004 also known as the Beeman P17 or the Beeman 2006 is a junk gun that works for about 10 minutes then starts leaking air from various places. How do I know? I tried several of them from several different stores and the end result is always the sameJUNK! I… Read Full Review

“Nice beginner gun, so after about 2000-3000 shots, I'm...”

Written on: 04/09/2008

Nice beginner gun, so after about 2000-3000 shots, I'm quite happy with it overall, despite it's serious flaws having been apparent from the first (quite disappointing) minutes… Read Full Review

“Bought two and both failed within two days. The gun...”

Written on: 19/08/2008 by ajballelli (1 review written)

Bought two and both failed within two days. The gun should not be on the market !… Read Full Review

“would not recommend this gun to anyone... Buy a...”

Written on: 15/08/2008

would not recommend this gun to anyone... Buy a Crosman T4 or T4 Ops
highly acurate, good looks, 8 shot repeater, a better choice is a Crosman gun. It blew a seal that keeps the compression (what makes the gun shoot). ive had it for 2 days! i am going to call BEEMAN and see what it is if i hav to pay anything i will be pissed!… Read Full Review

“This is a fun gun purchased it from canadian tire a...”

Written on: 05/06/2008

This is a fun gun purchased it from canadian tire a while back.
its fun to shoot it'll kill pigeons after a few shots its more accurate than my powermaster 66
my only problem is that after a couple of months it stated leaking air
as well as sometimes when i cocked it it would lose pressure altogether
i sent it to beeman 2 months ago and still have not got it back

“For the price it can't be beat. ”

Written on: 06/01/2008 by bigalbrown (1 review written)

For the price it can't be beat.
Target accurate… Read Full Review

“You need some strengh to cock it.”

Written on: 15/12/2007

You need some strengh to cock it… Read Full Review

“I love this gun, it's always very reliable and...”

Written on: 22/09/2007 by sniper67 (1 review written)

I love this gun, it's always very reliable and consistent power!… Read Full Review

“I've had this gun for 5 years and shot around 10,000...”

Written on: 22/09/2007 by proshooter12 (1 review written)

I've had this gun for 5 years and shot around 10,000 shots i love it i've had no problems… Read Full Review

Cgm205's Response to proshooter12's Review

Written on: 11/01/2008

I found this review helpful because I want to get one and this helps with my decision.

“I've had this gun for about two years and it is still...”

Written on: 21/09/2007 by expert reviewer25 (1 review written)

I've had this gun for about two years and it is still going strong and i've shot around 5000 shots. I would recommend this gun to anyone who want a decent pistol with a good price… Read Full Review

“Badly over priced. Invest a bit more money and...”

Written on: 25/07/2007 by Ravenglen (2 reviews written)

Badly over priced. Invest a bit more money and purchase something decent
Fun gun?… Read Full Review

Cgm205's Response to Ravenglen's Review

Written on: 11/01/2008

I disagree with this review because I got mine for $34.95--Ordered a Marksman 2004 and received a Beeman 2004 which is their model P-17--but same pistol.<br/>It would be hard to find a better air gun for the price. Mine is new so I don't know how it will hold up over time, but it is accurate and shoots around the advertised 410 fps. Feels good in your hand and fun to shoot.

“I'd actaully first bought the handgun for my brother...”

Written on: 21/12/2006 by Humble (2 reviews written)

I'd actaully first bought the handgun for my brother for his birthday. As he loves handguns but couldn't dive into getting a firearm at the time. Not being able to afford the Beeman P3, which the Marksman 2004 is the clone of, for a gift I compromised for the 2004. Of course before I gave it to him I had to do some testing!

My first impressions of the gun was I was pretty surprised by the fit and balance of such a low priced gun. The pistol just felt like it belonged in my hands. Taking… Read Full Review

Pelletgunhunter's Response to Humble's Review

Written on: 12/07/2007

If i was your brother I'd think your cheep

Humble's Response to Humble's Review

Written on: 14/07/2007

You buy what you can...At the time I was working part time while in school. Some of us are not so fortunate to throw a lot money around for gifts.

“I bought the Marksman Model 2004 3 days ago on a...”

Written on: 16/06/2006 by Triomphe (1 review written)

I bought the Marksman Model 2004 3 days ago on a decision that I wanted to order a HW40PCA (Beeman P3 outside the US) but I wanted to have a feeling how it felt before I ordered it. Since this gun is a direct copy I felt that it would be worth it and after the fact I would have a gun that I could lend to my friends when we're out camping. Anyhow that thought was killed last night when I went to shoot it and it started leaking air out of the barrel. I'm probably going to take it apart… Read Full Review

“I've found that silicone grease works well to...”

Written on: 02/01/2006 by squareshooter (5 reviews written)

I've found that silicone grease works well to lubricate the Marksman Model 2004 piston and o-ring, perhaps synthetic brake caliper slide lube would work well, too. While you've got it apart, make sure to lube all the pivot points and pins with high quailty gun oil or moly lube. I used removeable loctite to cure the rear sight problem. Pay attention to the headspace between the barrel breech and compression chamber, I noticed the little o-ring was being dislodged from its groove indicating too… Read Full Review

Squareshooter's Response to squareshooter's Review

Written on: 07/01/2006

pay close attention to the air bleed hole at the bottom of the compression cylinder, any burrs here will cut and damage the piston seal the first time the pistol is cocked. these pistols require complete disassembly and burnishing of all moving parts to make them smooth and reliable performers, i rescued mine from the trash and brought it back to life after performing tech tips posted by n5lyc.

Pelletgunhunter's Response to squareshooter's Review

Written on: 12/07/2007

I applaud you for dissing marksman, they suck

“Ordered from Pyramid Air for $55 shipped and then...”

Written on: 12/12/2005 by newtoshooting (1 review written)

Ordered from Pyramid Air for $55 shipped and then found out from here that I could have bought the Marksman Model 2004 at Walmart; however my local Walmart didn't stock it. First impressions: damn accurate! After adjusting the sights I was hitting bullseyes at 15 yards with groups within 1… Read Full Review

269584_Yakyakyak's Response to 220568_newtoshooting's Review

Written on: 05/12/2006

How did you find out you could get the Marksman Model 2004 gun at Walmart if your local Walmart didn't have it? I can't find anything on Walmart's website.
<br/>
<br/>I have fired my friend's Marksman 2004, and it is really accurate, although it is hard to cock.

“Marksman 2004 & P3. well... ”

Written on: 05/12/2005 by yarzak (1 review written)

Marksman 2004 & P3. well...

(The Weihrauch HW 40 PCA & Beeman P3 are the same gun never been a question. Weihrauch HW 40 PCA marketed by Beeman==Beeman P3)

During 1992 Richard Kazmaier Jr., president of Kazmaier Associates Inc. of Maryland, was interested in the purchase of the Beeman company. The Kazmaier company reportedly owns Bike (athletic clothing), S/R Industries (sporting and recreation equipment), and other holdings. S/R Industries, in turn, owns Marksman Products. Mr. Kazmaier… Read Full Review

“I got my Marksman 2004 air pistol just 2 hours ago and...”

Written on: 05/10/2005 by lastklim (1 review written)

I got my Marksman 2004 air pistol just 2 hours ago and could not stop shooting it. After over 100 rounds, I think I have enough experience to comment it a little bit. :-)

First impression: the black cover looks ugly compared to other air pistol with medal cover or shining finish. Don't use it for just showing off.

Then, I used the cheap Crosman Wadcutter .177 pellets from Walmart to give it a try. Heard a lot for the tricky feeding action, but not a thing for my small finger.

After that, I… Read Full Review

Lastklim's Response to lastklim's Review

Written on: 09/10/2005

After more break-in pellets, the cock becomes more smooth and easier than before.
<br>
<br>I also mounted a cheap Daisy red dot sight ($8.80 from Walmart, it was $12.00 before) to my Marksman 2004. Now it becomes a one-hole accurate pistol, so exciting!
<br>
<br>The new problem now: whether to keep the red dot sight or not
<br>
<br>keep it: highly accurate, extremely easy to aim, but seems losing some fun after shooting a while.
<br>
<br>Not keep it: using open sight is more challenging and fun, but cannot always put pellets into one hole.
<br>
<br>What about you guys' choices???

Order8964's Response to lastklim's Review

Written on: 19/10/2006

I used Marksman 2004, the one made in China for around 250 pellets of different kinds (pointer, hunters and match). The negative side of this gun is the 'O-Rings' always come out. It is not replaceable and will become very expensive if I eventually lost it. The handle is a bit bucky, and the gun is heavy, especially for cocking.

Curious Matt's Response to lastklim's Review

Written on: 06/12/2005

please, I just need to know if the gun is semi-automatic. I will buy it if it is. Please reply fast - very fast. ASAP please!!!

Canadian Shooter's Response to lastklim's Review

Written on: 14/11/2005

If the replacement 0-ring is too thick, grind it down with a bench grinder or a FINE file.

Lastklim's Response to lastklim's Review

Written on: 23/10/2005

After only 500 pellet, I suddenly felt a cock became too soft. Sadly, my marksman 2004 does not hold air tightly any more.
<br>
<br>I disassembled the chamber+piston and checked the o ring. There was an obvious dent on it. I am pretty certain this is caused by the tiny hole near the head of the chamber, through which the air goes into the chamber when one begines to cock the airgun. But since the o ring is squeezed within the chamber so tight and it may be scratched by the tiny hole when lubricant is not enough.
<br>
<br>I tried to find a replacement for the o-ring in ace hardware but could not find a perfect match for it. The closest one has a similar size but it is too thick. Any one could tell me where to get it and what is the exactly size???
<br>This is really bad......:-(