Acoustic Solutions DS 633 Reviews

• Sound Quality

Acoustic Solutions DS 633 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Acoustic Solutions DS 633

Acoustic Solutions DS 633

“Absolutely excellent unit, well worth the money, and...”

Written on: 10/06/2009 by Sparky16091981 (1 review written)

Absolutely excellent unit, well worth the money, and excellent sound reproduction, have had an Acoustic Solutions DS 633 installed for a few years and still going strong
highly recommended.
ive used ceiling installed speakers which make the sound even better as the speakers are not noticable at all, but that was our choice… Read Full Review

Acoustic Solutions DS 633

“i've had this Acoustic Solutions DS 633 system for 5...”

Written on: 13/04/2009 by boco 91 (1 review written)

i've had this Acoustic Solutions DS 633 system for 5 years! no problem at all....till now!! my sub woofer and amp have blown, any one tell me if i can buy a new one anywhere, without the satelights?… Read Full Review

Acoustic Solutions DS 633

“I've had mine 3 years now and still love it, no humm,...”

Written on: 08/08/2008 by dan170281 (1 review written)

I've had mine 3 years now and still love it, no humm, no lcd mess up, nothing!! I'm still using the same batteries it was supplies with, £80 with a penny change that was a bargain if i ever saw one!!… Read Full Review

Acoustic Solutions DS 633

“Well I unpacked this with excitment after reading the...”

Written on: 04/01/2005 by Artist (4 reviews written)

Well I unpacked this with excitment after reading the reviews for it's sister suround system (Acoustic Solutions DS533) the main reason I bought this one instead of the DS533 was because I did not really need the stands and I thought the extra power (100w instead of 70w) would be nice.

Well the system does sound good with loads of bass...BUT I have a constant buzz coming from the sub that is just too annoying to put up with. So tomorrow it's going back in exchange for the DS533 I just hope… Read Full Review

Artist's Response to Artist's Review

Written on: 06/01/2005

Just wanted to add that I bought the Acoustic Soloutions DS533 and it's Superb! No buzz and brilliant sound..
<br>Recommend it !!

Centralfm's Response to Artist's Review

Written on: 07/01/2005

After reading you review and some of the other reviews on here, I was quite worried to unpack my DS633, which I'd bought from Argos just before christmas (2004).
<br>But I can happily say that my DS633 is near perfect.
<br>The sub does not hum, and there is only a small amount of white noise coming from the speakers during the quiet moments.
<br>So I can only say that I highly reccommend the Acoustic Solutions DS633.

Acoustic Solutions DS 633

“Acoustic Solutions DS 633 Review: I recently...”

Written on: 22/07/2004 by MurphmanL (2 reviews written)

Acoustic Solutions DS 633 Review: I recently purchased a 70W home cinema dolby system from Tchibo, and to be quite frank, it was rubbish. The speakers themselves looked ok but they only had a Prologic 2 decoder, and had to be hooked to a dvd player with inbuilt decoder. So I decided to move on to these from Argos. I was originally going to get the DS833 Beach ones, which are 105 W, these are 100W and I couldn't be happier with them. What do you get for £80?
5x 15W Satellites
1X 25W… Read Full Review

Acoustic Solutions DS 633

“Acoustic Solutions DS 633 Review: ”

Written on: 03/07/2004 by dougie (6 reviews written)

Acoustic Solutions DS 633 Review:
For many years I have had a dolby pro-logic television and thought that it had fairly decent sound, but I felt there was something lacking in the sound quality. So I went and bought my first home cinema system out of Argos, the Acoustic Solutions DS633 for £79.99.
Out of the box you get everything you need a co-axial cable a set of AV leads for connecting sky/video etc and fairly decent lengths of speaker cable, set up is a piece of cake all the speakers and… Read Full Review

Steve68's Response to dougie's Review

Written on: 07/11/2004

"Also on quiet scenes (more so vid/sky) there is a hissing from all the speakers but not enough to distract you from the viewing pleasure unless you are sitting right next to a speaker."
<br>
<br>Nonsense. Bought one today and taking it back tomorrow. I sat over 10 feet away from the subwoofer. Regardless of which input source I used the loud hum from it is clearly audible on all but action scenes with volume set for comfortable listening.

223689_Smeagal26's Response to dougie's Review

Written on: 04/01/2006

My system has no buzz from the sub, but my led display keeps jumping around, and is sometimes impossible to know what function your using, and what level my speakers are at. Has anyone else had this problem? other than that exelent system, 8/10. without display problem it would have been 10/10

Written on: 09/01/2005

SORRY To everyone who has had problems with this system, trust me my system would be back in a heartbeat if it was faulty (and I have taken many a thing back!!!) If it was not to my expectations!!!! I am only giving an honest report on my system and mine works fine and does not have a noisy subwoofer.

Artist's Response to dougie's Review

Written on: 04/01/2005

Yeah me to.....terrible BUZZ from the sub...
<br>
<br>Damn shame as the sound was good....

Tom Hickinbottom's Response to dougie's Review

Written on: 02/01/2005

I too had a bad hum from the sub. Unbareable when the system is not in use. And annoying when watching a movie that isn't action packed. Was thinking of replacing with another but after reading this review I'm going to get my money back. Good system if they can sort out the humming.

Alan2Duggan's Response to dougie's Review

Written on: 06/12/2004

Loud hum from my subwoofer too, had to take it back.

Alan2Duggan's Response to dougie's Review

Written on: 06/12/2004

Bought the DS633 and intolerable hum from subwoofer also. Pity because otherwise it was a good setup for the money, just had to take it back.
<br>Alan Bradford

Written on: 30/11/2004

Thank you Cotsy, at least someone agrees with me!!
<br> Dougie

Cotsy's Response to dougie's Review

Written on: 27/11/2004

Bought one day & no humming from my sub, brilliant buy for the money!

Steve68's Response to dougie's Review

Written on: 17/11/2004

Did do and had same problem. Two work colleagues got 1 from a different supplier and also had same problem. Therefore I can have any faith in a product that has the same 'fault' as you call it on 4 different systems

Written on: 16/11/2004

Sorry to hear about your faulty sub-woofer Steve but you can't really call my review nonsense as the one I have works perfectly fine -why don't you get a replacement and see if you still have the same problem it may be a dodgy batch!!!!

Saldub's Response to dougie's Review

Written on: 12/11/2004

Yeah I have to agree with steve 68, wish I had seen this review before buying. It's being put in the box as we speak to be returned. Unbeliveably bad humming from sub-woofer unless you have the volume at wall shaking level. Good set up otherwise but very very dissapointed.