Citroen C2 1.1 LX Reviews

Media Gallery for Citroen C2 1.1 LX

Citroen C2 1.1 LX
Citroen C2 1.1 LX

“french wounder”

Written on: 22/05/2012 by mikeyboy2012 (1 review written)

hi i currently have a c2 1.1 lx model but it came with bright orange seats wich i did not mind at the first but i ended up having to upgrade my interior to the vtr spec with the half buckets they come with and its toatlly transformed the car wich made me decide to put the original vtr wheels on becouse i previously owend a vtr senso drive wich was a 1.6 paddle shift and to be honest i dont really rate the vtr auto box becouse i hear a lot can go wrong so i would recommend trying to stick to a… Read Full Review

“short whistle noise”

Written on: 29/03/2012

My 1.1lx 2005 c2 makes a brief 'whistle' noise when i change gear or de-accelerate.Its not the gear box or clutch as they are newly replaced at 26000 miles which was last week.It made this noise previous to the new bits bring fitted. Otherwise its a good little car. Anyone got any ideas what it could be ?… Read Full Review

“My Citroen C2 Stop and Start purchased 11.7.07 has 4...”

Written on: 09/12/2008

My Citroen C2 Stop and Start purchased 11.7.07 has 4 times failed to start, twice in returning in under an hour the first time within 3 months of purchase. Once it was taken back to dealer by AA without being started and recently they had it for 2.5 days and failed to find fault. Despite complaints to the dealership I am left with a car which can leave me stranded without notice. Their solution is to contact them as soon as the fault recurs or let them have it for longer. Both are unacceptable… Read Full Review

“Bought my 04 Reg Citroen C2 almost two years ago when...”

Written on: 13/11/2008 by ibowlin (3 reviews written)

Bought my 04 Reg Citroen C2 almost two years ago when it was almost two years old, six months ago passed it onto my wife when we bought a bigger car for more practicality (Astra Estate, see review). No real problems, but occasional electronic 'blips' - radio won't turn off, locked into 'Economy Mode', 30 minutes of bonging from the dash (!) etc., all cured by leaving it overnight to 'reboot'. Only buy one if your motoring is limited to local pottering, with the occasional longer journey - I did… Read Full Review

“The car looks sporty and is easy to drive. even after...”

Written on: 06/12/2007

The car looks sporty and is easy to drive. even after long journeys the seats are still comfortable(it feels like you are sitting on a sofa) the boot is small but after sliding both back seats forward the boot is a lot bigger… Read Full Review

“The driver seat in my Citroen C2 1.1 LX sunk on o/s....”

Written on: 08/05/2007 by edddddy (1 review written)

The driver seat in my Citroen C2 1.1 LX sunk on o/s. Dealer said new part ordered free of charge as car only 30 months old , that was in January. Now it is May, still being told "parts on back order". Customer service not interested.(good car if you don't need help from Citroen UK) bonnet going back in for spray small spots of rust… Read Full Review

“I'm 19 and pay £600 fully comp under my dad's...”

Written on: 11/09/2006 by robburroughs17 (3 reviews written)

I'm 19 and pay £600 fully comp under my dad's insurance, for a year. I have upgraded my Citroen C2 1.1 LX with Lexus lights and 16" kosei black chrome alloys which make it look the nuts! Overall, I would recommend the C2 1.1 LX to first time drivers but be careful not to crash it. My next car will definitely be the C2 VTS 1.6 16v… Read Full Review

“I bought a Citroen C2 1.1 SX City Car in may 2004 and...”

Written on: 01/02/2005 by NICHOLASPOWERUK (1 review written)

I bought a Citroen C2 1.1 SX City Car in may 2004 and have experienced software problems from the hand over of the vehicle. This includes...car will/will not lock, radio remains on when keys are removed from the ignition, Windows not working, functions not working on levers. Has anybody else experienced such problems with citroen cars… Read Full Review

Paulat318's Response to NICHOLASPOWERUK's Review

Written on: 22/06/2005

I have a C3 and have experienced intermittent electrical problems and I have the same very annoying problem with the radio!

Western's Response to NICHOLASPOWERUK's Review

Written on: 16/01/2006

I also had electrical problems with my 2004 C2 SX. Doors wouldn't lock sometimes, radio wouldn't go off sometimes. The dealer always claimed it was something I had done and not a fault with the car. The radio shuts itself off after 30 mins when the car is swithched off (it's meant to do it) and it usually worked after that, at least until the next time. Alternator packed in after 32,000 miles. Even after those problems I still liked the car and have bought another.

“I have had terrible problems with my Citroen C2 1.1 LX...”

Written on: 28/01/2005 by tony003 (1 review written)

I have had terrible problems with my Citroen C2 1.1 LX City Car. Make sure that your doors dont open too wide as the check straps snap & your doors get cut & creased.
Citreon say this is not a fault & no-one will do anything about it. My new c2 now looks like an old car Be carefull!… Read Full Review

“Citroen C2 1.1LX City Car ”

Written on: 21/01/2005 by mark1961 (11 reviews written)

Citroen C2 1.1LX City Car

REASON FOR BUYING THIS CAR

For many a long year we as a family have had one car (At the minute a Toyota Avensis Verso - See review). This was proving to be somewhat of a burden to myself as I did all the driving with the children and my wife. My wife works in a town 7 miles from our home and I work in a town 6 miles in the opposite direction to my wife. In the morning I took my wife into work, as the public transport was unsatisfactory, then I backtracked and dropped… Read Full Review

283945_Szwandtkj's Response to mark1961's Review

Written on: 31/03/2007

I have a 2005 C2L and it can easily reach 75 mph without me even realising, so I don't wholly agree on that point. Also I find acceleration on moving - off good.

“Overall the Citreon C2 1.1 LX is a very good car....”

Written on: 02/07/2004 by mournemaiden (1 review written)

Overall the Citreon C2 1.1 LX is a very good car. Small and compact on the outside but spacious inside. Very economical. Easy handling. Versatile boot space. Very low insurance group… Read Full Review

Tonysmith001's Response to mournemaiden's Review

Written on: 16/09/2004

No car manufactured ever gets 10 out of 10 for every category. Please post helpful reviews for prospective buyers this review if anything has made me sceptical towards Citreon!

Tonysmith001's Response to mournemaiden's Review

Written on: 11/10/2004

I am now an owner of a brand new C2 very happy with it but would still not give it 10/10 for every category.

Jimbobeats's Response to mournemaiden's Review

Written on: 07/10/2004

tonysmith001, have you drove one of these cars? Citroen produce fantastic cars for excellent value, I have one myself, Citroen C2 1.1 SX, and I would do a similar review by giving the car 10/10 for each category! Drive before you comment!