Weihrauch HW 75 Reviews

Weihrauch HW 75 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Weihrauch HW 75

Weihrauch HW 75
Weihrauch HW 75

“A Vastly More Enjoyable Shooting Experience”

Written on: 26/08/2012 by Cal38 (1 review written)

I fell in love with this air pistol after the very first shot. Though a bit pricey, it is far and away much better than I had hoped it would be. It is worth every penny I spent on it and more. Please bear with me a little as this is not a truly technical review as I would do from my engineering background but rather more of how the superb quality of the HW 75 has changed my overall shooting experience and enjoyment. After a 35+ year absence from handgun shooting to raise a family and pursue a… Read Full Review

Paulrob180's Response to Cal38's Review

Written on: 11/02/2013

Sorry but I disagree with your comment about accurate pistol shooting. I live in the UK and up until Dunblane I regularly shot 1 inch groups on the outdoor range with my Smith and Wesson model 28, and indoors with my S&W model 41, both at 25 yards,I must admit that I won a national silver medal and many other trophies but a lot of others were not far behind. 2 inch groups are easily possible with practice including much dry firing at home, load your own ammo, weigh each charge and bullet for consistancy, and yes, I have just bought an HW75 and find it superb.

Duncanfromscotland's Response to Cal38's Review

Written on: 25/05/2014

A very enjoyable read Cal38. I personally have just purchased a brand new HW45.
Like you, I haven't fired pistols in an age. (since 1974) I do rifle shoot, mainly pest control and for the pot, but I wanted to be able to do a bit in my garden and to be honest, my garden length for rifle shooting is just not challenging, hence the HW45.
I bought mine in .177 calibre and even after just a couple of hundred shots, I am surprising myself with the improvements I am making.
Nine metres, best group so far (ten shot) is 19mm edge to edge.

I aim to improve!

“An amazing gun. Sits heavy and stable in the hand. ...”

Written on: 11/02/2010

An amazing gun. Sits heavy and stable in the hand. Absolutely recoilless. On a good day I shoot 1/4" groups at 5m (16 ft). The gun is well made, a real joy just to own. You pick it up and you know you're holding quality. I also own an HW40 and the 75 is more gun by far. I still love the HW40, but this 75 is like its older brother - better materials, better everything. Go on, spend the money, you know you want to!… Read Full Review

“The HW75 is an well made, accurate single shot...”

Written on: 01/02/2010

The HW75 is an well made, accurate single shot pneumatic that will last as long as you do. It's not a high power pistol at barely 2.5lb/ft, having about half the power of the popular HW45, but it's virtually recoilless and less hold sensitive. I love the 45 (I have one in .22) and enjoy the challenge of it's unusual recoil, but I've not used it much since picking this up. The grip is fantastic (I have large hands and find the standard 45 grip a little narrow), the trigger is light and… Read Full Review

“I can see why there so few reviews of this gun owing...”

Written on: 11/05/2007 by cptman (39 reviews written)

I can see why there so few reviews of this gun owing to the hefty price tag.
Having said that it is a superb gun, the design is well thought out and it a real pleasure to use.
It has a pneumatic system as against the traditional spring type which makes it very accurate.
At about 2-3 ft lbs it lacks the punch (and recoil) of the hw45 which makes it slightly less of a challenge to shoot with.
I have a Webley Nemisis that has a similar pneumatic "power plant" but it doesn't come close to the hw 75… Read Full Review

“After shooting the HW-45 ( Beeman P-1 ) and tiring of...”

Written on: 31/03/2006 by bereznov (2 reviews written)

After shooting the HW-45 ( Beeman P-1 ) and tiring of the recoil, I deceided to try the HW-75. What a difference. This gun is a real joy to shoot. Accurate! 3 shots in one hole at 7.5 meters after less than 20 shots to zero the sights to my style.
The trigger was sweet right out of the box. Follow through is exceptionally easy and calling my shots just as easy.
This is a real keeper. Don't let the price turn you away… Read Full Review

“After buying an HW45 for general shooting practice, I...”

Written on: 07/09/2003 by Wardy (1 review written)

After buying an HW45 for general shooting practice, I decided to get a Weihrauch HW 75 too for more accurate target work. This gun sure is one mean looking piece of kit. While it is a tad heavy, it is more stable on target, and having no recoil, it is more capable than I am at scoring single hole groups. The walnut grip is ambidextrous, And I especially like the fact that you have to cock the hammer before each shot, very cool… Read Full Review