Vauxhall Vectra 2.2 DTI Elite Reviews

Vauxhall Vectra 2.2 DTI Elite - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Vauxhall Vectra 2.2 DTI Elite

Vauxhall Vectra 2.2 DTI Elite
Vauxhall Vectra 2.2 DTI Elite

“Great practical & nippy car with serious reliability...”

Written on: 23/02/2014

I've had mine for about 3 years now & while it is a lovely comfortable, spacious & speedy car it has suffered heaps of problems. The Air Conditioning system has a serious problem with moisture ingression & has had to be fixed several times. The turbo hose has blown up. The electric window buttons need cleaning out regularly or they stop working. The limp mode comes on with alarming regularity for seemingly no reason. The radiator light is stuck on. The boot lid rattles like buggery & if you… Read Full Review

“My car is a VECTRA C 2.2 Dti SRi 16 valve. good...”

Written on: 22/08/2010

My car is a VECTRA C 2.2 Dti SRi 16 valve. good looking car sporty and fast but reliability no good, if you got the extra money go for the 1.9 cdti sri beter engine same car. Go for the face lift 2007/2009… Read Full Review

“Good looking, well equipped and economical. However,...”

Written on: 29/12/2009

Good looking, well equipped and economical. However, the ride quality is a joke! I have never driven a car with a ride quality as bad, that includes all manner of 'Hot Hatches'. It has broken every spring atleast once, despite being driven sensibly and slowly. I even travel out of my way to avoid bad roads. The short Rubber section of the Turbo pipe perished, and Vauxhall will only sell the full system, RIP OFF! Section that goes is only 8 inches long!
Electric windows work when they want, and… Read Full Review

“alot of ppl on these sites moan about how much it...”

Written on: 27/11/2009

alot of ppl on these sites moan about how much it costs to fix a car id say tyres exhaust etc are just normall things to go wrong yes the tyres r expensive at 100 quid a tyre bt thats lifew any way the vectra elite dti is SUPERB on fuel town driving 40mpg long distant 50/60 mpg GREAT !! ive had sum problems with ours by hey its a car who doesnt have problems thats life… Read Full Review

“I have had my Vauxall Vectra 2003 plate 1.8 LS for 2...”

Written on: 12/09/2009 by m44eed (1 review written)

I have had my Vauxall Vectra 2003 plate 1.8 LS for 2 years now. I bought at 35000 miles when i done 36400 miles catalyst converter gone cost me £570 then 37890 miles the Back box gone cost me £90 then 39000 miles front two springs gone cost me £160 then at 39100 miles lambda sensor died cost me £110 and now at 40300 miles EGR valve gone cost me £139 but the ENGINE LIGHT IS STILL ON and I GIVE UP NOW, CAN'T SPEND MORE MONEY ON THIS RUBBISH CAR. … Read Full Review

“i bought the vauxhall vectra 2.2 elite. direct...”

Written on: 19/08/2009 by chaz1964 (1 review written)

i bought the vauxhall vectra 2.2 elite. direct injection 3 years ago with 60,000 on the clock and full dealership service history , it was ok for 3 months then the engine management light came on. after a diagnostic it had to have a new coil pack fitted £210 .one month later the high pressure feul pump went (it took 7 weeks to get a new part) with fitting £479. other work done new timing chain and stabiliser shaft kit to stop the engine rattle £520, new front suspension,windscreen wiper… Read Full Review

“I have had my Vecta 2.2DTI for 4 weeks now not had a...”

Written on: 29/01/2006 by gnjl2005 (1 review written)

I have had my Vecta 2.2DTI for 4 weeks now not had a problem. It's a very very fast stylish car ideal for all the family if you are a boy racer then this car is not for you because it's too big for you to handle awwwww bless… Read Full Review

“I own this Vectra only 3 days. I bought it second hand...”

Written on: 13/08/2005 by kriso83 (1 review written)

I own this Vectra only 3 days. I bought it second hand its only 32000 on the clock and its 2002 year. Its very nice car but today power went off. At 70mph there was an icon on dashboard with car and spanner(so service me now!) and I could get only 3000 rev.everything come back to normal after switch off and then switch on the engine.It happens 2 times. Its a bit disapointment but I'm going to service on monday and hopefully they can fix it.Anyway this is a really nice car and I'm glad that I… Read Full Review

235187_Marcthomas's Response to kriso83's Review

Written on: 22/03/2006

Exactly the same happened to My Vectra as Kriso83.
<br>Hit 70mph and it loses power, the spanner comes on the dashboard and you cant get over about 3000rpm.
<br>Anyone know what it is? If you do please feel free to email and let me know marc@marcthomas.co.uk

1Taylor1's Response to kriso83's Review

Written on: 30/12/2007

Same problem has happened to my Vauxhall Vectra - Any solutions please contact me via the forums where I will leave my email address.
<br/>Thanks !!!!

“The Vauxhall Vectra 2.2DTI Elite is a lovely big...”

Written on: 25/01/2005 by Wolflinn (9 reviews written)

The Vauxhall Vectra 2.2DTI Elite is a lovely big family car with all the extras.
Great for long journeys. Not at its best for cold early morning short journeys like a lot of mine are (managed to get the mpg down to 35mpg)
but hey I can live with that.
I like everything about the car. And so does the family… Read Full Review

“I have recently moved over to the new Vectra C from...”

Written on: 09/09/2004 by maskerade (1 review written)

I have recently moved over to the new Vectra C from the Vectra B, both were DTI's. The Vauxhall Vectra 2.2DTI Elite is a superb family car, well equipt, economical and vastly improved cabin sound proofing in comparison to the last model. The indicator system took some getting use to, as did the use of the computer. There is less body roll through high speed corners and the Traction Control is a very useful. A vast improvement over the Vectra B… Read Full Review

“This car Vauxhall Vectra 2.2DTI Elite is a HUGE...”

Written on: 07/09/2003 by steve3108 (1 review written)

This car Vauxhall Vectra 2.2DTI Elite is a HUGE improvement over the last Vectra. In fact, I am surprised that they even called it a Vectra as it is like day and night compared to its predecessor. Gone is all the body roll and the steering and gearchange are far more precise. The car has no internal rattles or squeaks either.

Great fuel economy for a heavy car - On the highway by driving at reasonably constant speeds of 60 - 70mph it is easy to achieve 52mpg or more. The best so far is 59.4mpg… Read Full Review

Sneakloaf's Response to steve3108's Review

Written on: 10/10/2003

You don't tell us your age...the indicators were second nature to me within 10 minutes. Only gripe is the automatic windscreen wipers.

381450_Catalin1972's Response to steve3108's Review

Written on: 10/07/2008

I've just bought a Vectra (05 plate) and I find it impossible to work out how to press the stalk indicator that it cancels itself after the steering wheel is turned back. I have to cancel it myself everytime!

Svpworld's Response to steve3108's Review

Written on: 25/07/2004

I've got the SRi 2003 vectra 2.2DTI and I am very impressed at its performance. Ok its not quick off the mark in 1st, but hit 2nd or 3rd and it pulls strong, giving superb overtaking acceleration. Of course the SRi probably has different gearing to the Elite, handling is superb although the sports suspension and seats give a somewhat firmer and slightly noisier ride than the elite. Great brakes although I get some weird spring noise if I brake very hard.
<br>
<br>Yes the engine takes a long time to heat up, but then thats a sign how efficient this diesel heart really is! Gets much quieter once it reaches full temperature (about 20 minutes of driving) although idle is still noticeably shakey and nowhere as refined as a petrol car.
<br>
<br>I average 62mpg at 65mph on a motorway trip to work (100 miles) each day and the car is extremely comfortable for doing immense distances. I do though always feel a bit fidgety on getting in the car to find the best seating position. Managed to run out of diesel the other day but car started after 1 min of turning over once I had refueled, didn't need to bleed!
<br>
<br>I do find the heater controls a bit too low on the console and difficult to see whilst driving what you have selected. Indicators initially were annoying but now I prefer them to the old clunky switches! Headlamp switch is also hidden behind steering wheel as is fog lights, easy to trigger cruise control if you flash your headlamps and electronic "clack" when turning off wipers could be quieter!
<br>Good points include an incredible air con system, enough to give you frost bite even in 23 and above outside, no misting up problems on a wet day (unlike my previous omega!) and excellent sound system.
<br>I love it!!!
<br>Simon

Spires's Response to steve3108's Review

Written on: 12/04/2004

My 2.2 tdi Elite also takes ages to warm up, but the thing that gets me more than anything is the twitch I get from the rear suspension if I hit a pothole - it is quite unsettling sometimes. I have done 18k and new skocks has done little to improve matters ???

Slark3220's Response to steve3108's Review

Written on: 01/11/2003

My 2.2DTI takes ages for the engine to heat up fully in cold weather. Seven miles of continuous driving in fact. Anyone else found this problem?

Ah47's Response to steve3108's Review

Written on: 15/10/2003

I too have got used to the indicators now, however,
<br>if you are overtaking and you press just a bit too hard then they don't go off so you have to press gently the other way. This can be tricky and it's easy to get into the situation where you are indicating right-left-right-left...and..well appear silly. Great car though!!