AMD Duron Reviews

• Ease of Set Up

AMD Duron - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for AMD Duron

AMD Duron

“Being behind the times I used to run 900 Mghz worth of...”

Written on: 19/05/2006 by Raiden (1 review written)

Being behind the times I used to run 900 Mghz worth of Intel speed. After having some Processor trouble that was conflicting with some of my software I switched over to an AMD Duron processor of only 800 Mghz. It has never given me trouble and my software problem was no longer an issue .Though the fact that it is 100 meg under, I personally have yet to see a difference in over all speed. Duron is worth its weight in gold. Ditch your pentiums and go for AMD… Read Full Review

AMD Duron

“I have been using Duron processors for about 3 years....”

Written on: 31/12/2005 by ROCK (1 review written)

I have been using Duron processors for about 3 years. My first was an 850 Mhz, and after a convincing jump start I moved up to 1.1 Ghz, then to 1.3 Ghz speed spectrum.

To give Intel a fair share of the product, I too was running side by side a P4 1.5 Ghz, and thus comparison was eminent between the Duron 1.1 Ghz and that of the Intel P4 1.5 Ghz.

It was frustrating to note that Duron gave Intel a clear run in terms of performance in gaming, notwithstanding the speed difference between AMD… Read Full Review

AMD Duron

“I don't know anybody who ever had a problem with a AMD...”

Written on: 04/02/2004 by MadMan Forever (4 reviews written)

I don't know anybody who ever had a problem with a AMD Duron Processor, except for overheating just a bit, but that can be fixed. It you want a computer just for surfing the Web, editing or to use as a terminal then go buy a Duron as it's processor… Read Full Review

AMD Duron

“TheiAMD Duron is very good processor, but if you want...”

Written on: 07/05/2003 by tomas. (1 review written)

TheiAMD Duron is very good processor, but if you want to sleep well (when your computer is still running) better be if you buy good (silent) cooler… Read Full Review

AMD Duron

“I got duron 750 and 1300 I'm very surprised that they...”

Written on: 17/12/2002 by Khalid Mzungu. (1 review written)

I got duron 750 and 1300 I'm very surprised that they are much faster and relaiable than some pentium 4 processor. I think the 1300 is faster than pentium 4 1.7ghz. If you want a good processor and do not have much money. amdduron 1300 cost around £32. Pentium4 ?… Read Full Review

AMD Duron

“Been building PCs for 8 years,the duron is the best...”

Written on: 05/12/2002 by dazaro. (1 review written)

Been building PCs for 8 years,the duron is the best processor money can buy, it's FPU is very fast, forget Intel and buy AMD, I have 1100mhz,kids have 800mhz and 750mhz and run great never let me down, duron may have competition from the new 478pin celeron. I paid £21 for a 1100mhz which I think is very good value for money. Great chip… Read Full Review

AMD Duron

“AMD by far makes the best processor for the money. I...”

Written on: 12/11/2002 by David. (1 review written)

AMD by far makes the best processor for the money. I have had 3 in my computer days, a K6-450, Duron 750 and now a Duron 1.2. They scream. I have seen the same games programms etc... on many pentiums with "more" processor and not keep up. Never an OUNCE of a problem and always run at the said speed or higher, with no decrease when in use for long peroids of time. If you are a gamer get an AMD!!!!!… Read Full Review

AMD Duron

“The amd duron processer is a great chip. It has never...”

Written on: 20/05/2002 by zx2. (1 review written)

The amd duron processer is a great chip. It has never ever given me any problems. It runs just as well as, if not better than, any of the intel processers. I also think it runs a bit faster. AMD duron rules… Read Full Review

52074_David.'s Response to zx2.'s Review

Written on: 19/11/2002

I totally agree. This is so much more BANG for the BUCK.

Mythy.'s Response to zx2.'s Review

Written on: 03/03/2003

I just want to agree 100% I run a AMD Duron 96.0MB and it stands up to a beating with all my graphics

AMD Duron

“I bought my AMD Duron Processer on the 24th of...”

Written on: 24/03/2002 by MiLOWCANADA. (1 review written)

I bought my AMD Duron Processer on the 24th of December 2001. I couldn't be happier - it works perfectly and hasn't given me any problems to date. I would recommend it to anyone. I told my brother about how well it works and he bought one a week ago too! You won't regret a Duron Processer because it works great and is very affordable… Read Full Review

AMD Duron

“Upgrading from an early Celeron system so it was a new...”

Written on: 19/07/2001 by Oli Brooks. (1 review written)

Upgrading from an early Celeron system so it was a new board, memory and processor that was needed.
Decided on the AMD Duron as it seemed to be a good budget solution, knowing I could upgrade at a later stage was handy.
It would be good if AMD sold them as retail packaged including heatsinks as I nearly forgot to buy the heatsink.

Highly recommended for those of you on tighter budgets like myself!… Read Full Review

AMD Duron

“I purchased my Duron 750MHz for less than £40...”

Written on: 19/07/2001 by D Hisop. (1 review written)

I purchased my Duron 750MHz for less than £40 including vat and delivery and at that price you cant go wrong. I wanted to upgrade to the Socket A motherboards with the intent to get the latest Thunderbird processor but budget didn't allow right now so I purchased the 750Mhz as a short term solution.
Processors used to cost an arm and a leg and now you get change from a £50 note!
Very easy to install, budget an extra £10 for decent heatsink (you should be able to use this on any AMD processor… Read Full Review

4864_Pc Chits.'s Response to 2991_D Hisop.'s Review

Written on: 12/10/2001

ARRGH Ok so the chip is great (Durons are excelent) But the PC Chips motherboard sucks! Whatever you do make sure you check compatability with any hardware you install. The onboard stuff is great but if you put 90% of the agp video cards (eg geforce2 MX) the computer will crash like a mother! same goes for a lot of sound cards and hard drives. The board is pretty unstable so make sure you update ANYTHING you can find from the relevant suppliers (See PC Chips review in this site for details)