Triumph Tiger 110 649 cc Reviews

Triumph Tiger 110 649 cc - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Triumph Tiger 110 649 cc

Triumph Tiger 110 649 cc
Triumph Tiger 110 649 cc

“Fathers Triumph Tiger 110 search”

Written on: 28/12/2012 by corey247 (1 review written)

Its great to read all of your exsperiances with this old bike. My father always talked fondley of his memories of his 110 tiger back in the early sixities and I also have some great photos. I wondered if any of you may have any ideas of my fathers old bike as according to the DVLA it is still around. It is a 1959 tiger 110 Registration PDR 218. Please email any info or memories you may have to me at thornyfolk@blueyonder.co.uk Many Thanks Steve … Read Full Review

“The story of my life”

Written on: 16/06/2011 by preunittrump (1 review written)

I ride a T110. 37 years ago, I rode into Eugene, Oregon on a '69 Bonny in early summer of 1977. I ran into a cabbie who lived over the garage at his girl friend's mother's house. He was building the T110. The motor had been built by Jim Robb in Springfield, and was waiting for payment to be picked up. The rest of it was in boxes. I traded him my title for his bill of sale. He raced a couple of Sportsters with my Bonny and won the money to get the motor paid for. I spent the rest of the summer… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to preunittrump's Review

Written on: 22/06/2011

Frnkaly I think that's absolutely good stuff.

“I bought my t110 in 1962. It was the 59 model, in my...”

Written on: 21/01/2011

I bought my t110 in 1962. It was the 59 model, in my opinion the best incarnation of all. It had the alloy cylinder head, full width front brake and the new chrome tank badge, coupled with the new livery of silver and black paint it was a joy to behold.
The performance was second to none, 3 of my friends had BSA road rockets and they could not get near the acceleration of the triumph. I also out accelerated a couple of bonnevilles which quite surprised me at the time.
Something I found quite… Read Full Review

“Bought my Triumph Tiger 110 1960 number SUO but forget...”

Written on: 06/09/2009

Bought my Triumph Tiger 110 1960 number SUO but forget the rest. I was in the signals and based at Blandfod camp and lived at Mere, rode it to camp every day. Lovely ride, wish i still had it i'm 76 now… Read Full Review

“Bought my Triumph Tiger 110 649 cc in 1959,stripped...”

Written on: 15/08/2009

Bought my Triumph Tiger 110 649 cc in 1959,stripped completely and rebuilt with race cams and high compression pistons ,put engine together very carefuly and she went like a rocket ,nothing could keep up or pass,wore out a few clutch corks in the process,used to regularly pee off a friend who had one of the latest Bonnys,enjoyed the bike a lot ,very reliable and nice to ride,as long as you kept the throttle open on bends all you got was a bit of a wiggle,happy days,I'm 65 now and own a Rover… Read Full Review

“The Triumph Tiger 110 649 cc single carb gave good...”

Written on: 17/03/2009 by Peter May (18 reviews written)

The Triumph Tiger 110 649 cc single carb gave good fuel economy, easy to maintain by owner-rider. Known as the single carb 'bonnie' later models had a cradle frame which greatly improved the handling. In the 60's they were often refured to as the 'instant whip' after a food prodict of the same name, due to the fact the single downtube frame used to flex when cornering. T110's could just about out perform a BSA Road Rocket in a straight line but lost it round bends, there was a lot of banter… Read Full Review

“my dad had a tiger 110..when in 1965..i was about...”

Written on: 11/01/2009

my dad had a tiger 110..when in 1965..i was about 12yrs...it would gleam !!!!!!!! salvol autosol....cases ...you could see your face in them.....wow....he was ex welsh guards...spit and polish.... he kept it in small shed..with asbestoss low roof ??? i kicked it up one day with a straight leg..it kicked back and pushed my head thru the roof ...my dad cried laughing...( i do when i think about it now,,,,,dads been gone 7yrs.....but when i see or here about tiger 110s i think of him,,and… Read Full Review

Extiger110's Comment

Written on: 07/11/2010

I had a similar bike in the late 60s, although I think it was a bit older than your father's. Thank you for a nice review - I too remember my father with affection and nostalgia - your words struck a chord!

“I find my 1959 Triumph T110 a beautiful bike to ride...”

Written on: 22/01/2008 by tefox (1 review written)

I find my 1959 Triumph T110 a beautiful bike to ride and brings back many memories when I brought my first Triumph in 1957… Read Full Review

“The Triumph Tiger 110 649 cc has good look's and is...”

Written on: 08/12/2007 by les haynes (1 review written)

The Triumph Tiger 110 649 cc has good look's and is Reliable, great colours and comfortable to ride not like the newer bike that you have to lay on the fuel tank. I just like the look and the riding position of the older bikes… Read Full Review

“Had 2x 110s at different times. 1st, swapped a running...”

Written on: 10/08/2007 by Mike C (2 reviews written)

Had 2x 110s at different times. 1st, swapped a running James Captain 197cc in good condition for a crashed basket case 1957 T110 at Billy Briggs bike shop Salford. Put that together & ran it - but as a schoolboy not exactly affordable. Very quick machine. Swapped it for a Triumph Sports Cub that was affordable.

2nd machine was a 1959 T110 - bought from a friend. Done up to include - Clip ons, rear swept pipes, Bonneville style headlight, 10.5:1 pistons, E3134 cams & racing followers, splayed… Read Full Review

“Gorgeous, I remember the Triumph Tiger as a beautiful...”

Written on: 10/06/2006 by rojaroja (1 review written)

Gorgeous, I remember the Triumph Tiger as a beautiful example, stylish and sexy even.
I bought mine for 5 pounds and a transistor radio in 64'!… Read Full Review

“Sunday 160406: now aged 69 years, my mind travels back...”

Written on: 16/04/2006 by Galfridus (1 review written)

Sunday 160406: now aged 69 years, my mind travels back to yesteryear with a fondness, recalling ownership of many cars and motorcycles. How very selective is memory! I bought a second-hand ''Triumph Tiger 110 ''of Lloyd's Garage, Stourport-on-Severn for £70:00 in 1962 complete with AVON half-fairing. I rode it home some 3 miles and was bitterly disappointed with the machine's performance - until I quickly replaced the spark-plugs with new Champion N3A's. During ensuing hard-riding I found that… Read Full Review

“The Triumph Tiger 110 was THE bike to own in 1954....”

Written on: 26/06/2004 by Bertie (27 reviews written)

The Triumph Tiger 110 was THE bike to own in 1954. Combined with outstanding fuel economy came outstanding performance. The only faster bikes were the Vincent 1,000s at considerably more expense and their manufacture had ceased.

The claimed brake horse power from its twin-cylinder engine was 42 at 6,500 RPM which figure could well have been a flash reading on the factory's dynamometer as the 110's top speed and acceleration was not ALL that better than the Triumph Tiger 100 at a nominal 500… Read Full Review

Roy Nash's Response to Bertie's Review

Written on: 03/05/2005

In the early 60`s I had a 110, black and ivory.
<br>Whilst trying to get a speedo reading of 110mph at Pease Pottage Hill south of Gatwick I had a large fright when overtaking on the Dual Carriageway.An idiot car driver pulled out without checking and I went grass track riding at around 100mph.Brakes were not too good in the 50`s were they! I subsequently pulled a lot of revs trying to shake of the fright.I then heard a clunk and a rev dependant knocking.To cut a very long story short, after many engine strip downs,I found a broken sludge trap bolt wedged between the barrel webs that protrude into the alloy crankcase.A Triumph dealer informed me that in May 1959 Triumph changed the composition of the said bolts as they had had two cases of the bolts breaking at high revs.In both cases the riders were killed when the bolt part shattered the alloy crankcase and they went for an unplanned trip over the handlebars.My bike was a Feb 1959.I am alive today as the bolt chose to fly off vertically and not one of the remaining 359 degrees thus hitting cast iron not alloy.I was told by a friend who was with me that he had never seen someone go that white before.I phoned Pride and Clarks(Sharks)to sell the bike for £60 and they took it away that same afternoon.I then started motoring with a Ford Anglia 100E 1200cc side valve.So, if your buying or rebuilding an pre May 1959 T110 check the sludge trap bolts(in the flywheel circumferance)and don`t pull over 5500rpm.

Written on: 16/06/2011

T110 1954 and 1955 both retained cast iron cylinder head. Delta head first became available in 1956 on the 650 range.

Duncaninnes's Response to Bertie's Review

Written on: 23/10/2008

My parents went round the world on a Triumph Tiger 110 between 1956 and 1958 travelling through Europe, down through Africa and then across to Australia/New Zealand and finally through Canada/USA. We have quite a lot of information about the trip and are trying to get it together in some sort of book form in time for my Dad's 80th birthday next May (2009).

Tricolour's Response to Bertie's Review

Written on: 20/07/2008

The price of a new Triumph Tiger 110 listed on the factory price list of 1st September 1954 was &pound;240: 0s:0d. This was U.K. pounds, shillings and pence pre-decimal currency. A comparison can be made with modern day prices when it is realised that the average wage in 1954 was about Five U.K pounds per week and an average 'terrace' house could be bought for less than &pound;1000.

Tricolour's Response to Bertie's Review

Written on: 15/07/2008

The 1956 T100 & T110 were finished in Shell Blue Sheen (A pale blue metallic finish) The 1957 Standard finish for the T100 & T110 was Crystal grey with an export and optional colour scheme of Meriden Blue and Ivory.

381422_Shelleyn's Response to Bertie's Review

Written on: 10/07/2008

I'm trying to find out, what was the new price of a 1954 Tiger 110, can anyone help?

Written on: 07/09/2005

PLEASE ! CAN ANYONE HELP ME. I AM LOOKING FOR THE PUBLICITY PHOTO, THE FACTORY PUT OUT ON THE 1956/1957 MODEL TIGER 110, IT WAS THE FIRST TWO TONE PAINT JOB THEY DONE , THE BOTTOM HALF OF THE TANK WAS BLUE, AND THE REST OF THE BIKE IN "ICE" CREAM , THE PAINT JOB WAS CALLED
<br> ICE CREAM/BLUE
<br> <br> I HAD ONE OF THESE MODELS FROM NEW , AND HAVE LOST ALL THE PAPERWORK WHEN I LAST MOVED HOUSE .

Written on: 01/08/2005

Refering to the phrase ( the fastest road bike of the day) for the 1954 Tiger 110, is strictly not true.
<br> According to a rumour, the normal tests were done in the morning with the Press, who were then taken to dinner. in that time , Triumph took the bike to the race shop and changed the head for the speed run in the afternoon .
<br> THIS IS ONLY A RUMOUR, but no way would the road bike do 117mph in standard form . God I did try

Written on: 30/07/2005

a truly fantastic bike . I had 3 of them 2 1954 and one 1957 , from new ,
<br> To improve the road holding , I replaced the rear shocks with woodhead monrow with spring rating of 150lb, plus reducing the rear tyre size to the one below standard, I could still get 4,000 miles out of it , Front forks , just hang on and never shut the throttle halfway through a corner . GREAT DAYS

Triumph Girl's Response to Bertie's Review

Written on: 21/07/2005

I have a 1956 T 110 Motor cycle.the frame was chromed probably about 40 years or more ago.(either by Factory or by owner)In the chrome in the frame is stamped "M & B" it is stamped in a few places on the frame.Does ANYONE know what "M & B" means?If you do or even THINK you do...please E mail me with your answers. My email address is
<br> <br>bikergirl125@hotmail.com
<br>
<br>I will be checking it too see if anyone can help.Thank you.
<br>