Canon EOS 1V Reviews

Media Gallery for Canon EOS 1V

Specification for Canon EOS 1V

Features:
  • 20 built-in Custom Functions for fine-tuning a variety of settings
  • Compatible with new OS LInk software for downloading exposure information to a PC or uploading up to 30 Personal Functions to the camera
  • Includes 100 percent viewfinder with adjustable diopter
  • 1/250th second flash sync
  • Top shutter speed of 1/8000th second
  • Refine your search

Canon EOS 1V

“Only used this a couple of times but instantly...”

Written on: 26/08/2008 by anthonyhow (1 review written)

Only used this a couple of times but instantly preferable to my 1n and 3...and event my T90's...where it all started!… Read Full Review

“Build - ”

Written on: 18/07/2001 by Rajhans Raut. (1 review written)

Build -

Front and top cover have been craft from magnesium alloy, the mirror box is made from die cast aluminum so is the lens mount. The rest body is fininished in a combination of dicast aluminum and polycarbonate resin. In addition the top cover is finished with a four layer black coating that complements the rubber coating given to rest of body. Improved dust and water resistance have been built into 72 major seams and moving parts.Shutter (which is made from carbon fiber and super… Read Full Review

Superbabs.'s Response to 2972_Rajhans Raut.'s Review

Written on: 28/07/2001

150,000 not 15,000 cycles as you stated in your review.
    <br>
    <br>This camera is my last 35mm body as I now use my Hassleblad for everything that doesnt move as much. I figure that if I have a 35mm I may as well in the fastest, best feel and connected (software feedback and logging) I can.

41374_Bud.'s Response to 2972_Rajhans Raut.'s Review

Written on: 02/10/2002

Review was excellent. I have a Contax tvsIII. I want to get the best SLR for all occasions. I was a little disappointed with the Contax N1 24-85 lense I tried out. Nikon people recommend F100 to F 5, Canon recommends EOS3 or EOS 1V, It's going to be a sizeable investment regardless. Any reommendations?

37827_Evan.'s Response to 2972_Rajhans Raut.'s Review

Written on: 14/09/2002

I was going to comment on the reviewers typo about the number of shutter cycles, but it looks like someone else caught it. One minor comment is that the 10 fps with the booster is only possible if you buy the rechargable battery pack, otherwise one is down to I think six or seven fps. Still, it's a wonderful camera, I know I have an EOS 1vHS, and otherwise agree completly with this gentleman's review.
    <br>
    <br>Oh, another aside, not all Canon EOS bodies can handle infrared film, such as Kodak HIE. The EOS 1v is one that can do such, as is confirmed in the owner's manual, and also by my own personal experience, I've shot perhaps a good 20 or 30 rolls, if not more of Kodak HIE in my EOS 1v.
    <br>Evan

36565_Charles.'s Response to 2972_Rajhans Raut.'s Review

Written on: 06/09/2002

Informative and helpful. Makes me want to buy the EOS 1V tomorrow morning!!
    <br>Thanks

3332_Rajhans Raut.'s Response to 2972_Rajhans Raut.'s Review

Written on: 07/08/2001

Dear readers,
    <br>I am very sorry for mistake.
    <br>Shutter of EOS 1V has been tested to 150,000 cycles and is very durable.
    <br>Dear Superbabs
    <br>Thanks for showing me my error.
    <br>RAJHANS RAUT[Review writer]