Allan Pease, Barbara Pease, Why Men Don't Listen & Women Can't Read Maps Reviews

Media Gallery for Allan Pease, Barbara Pease, Why Men Don't Listen & Women Can't Read Maps

Allan Pease, Barbara Pease, Why Men Don't Listen & Women Can't Read Maps

“I got this book as a Christmas present. Since I was...”

Written on: 04/01/2011

I got this book as a Christmas present. Since I was ill over Christmas and my brain was not capable of sophisticated thought this book was ideal. Also it served to raise my blood pressure a little, which was probably a healthy result under the circumstances. This book is full of clich s and contains no references. It is not based on any evidence and will only serve to reinforce stereotypes… Read Full Review

Allan Pease, Barbara Pease, Why Men Don't Listen & Women Can't Read Maps

“My sister was reading it, and i only checked a few...”

Written on: 20/12/2010

My sister was reading it, and i only checked a few pages.. I didn't like it. Why? Because it is full with cliches, and most important it sounds like the men are like god and women are like dumb pigs..
This is not how i feel about myself, neither should anyone else!!… Read Full Review

Allan Pease, Barbara Pease, Why Men Don't Listen & Women Can't Read Maps

“well this book is the one which reveals ,such of ,what...”

Written on: 13/06/2010 by sanjeevmishra (1 review written)

well this book is the one which reveals ,such of ,what is always confusing and amusing to us, put in simple explanations with kind of insight into it..the books serves the great purpose of getting the relations together between a man and a woman. hope the authors keep enlightening us as always… Read Full Review

Allan Pease, Barbara Pease, Why Men Don't Listen & Women Can't Read Maps

“It is a highly informative book about male female...”

Written on: 09/12/2008 by jagruti davey (1 review written)

It is a highly informative book about male female relationships. The best thing is even after reading once one does not feel satisfied and can enjoy revealing every time i read. I think the Pease's have done a very heartfelt service to humanity by writinog such kind of books. We get to learn everything in school, college but the most essential day to day communications we lack a lot. I have also read the other book of 'Why Men Lie' that too is also just simple to understand. All people… Read Full Review

Allan Pease, Barbara Pease, Why Men Don't Listen & Women Can't Read Maps

“I like this book a lot. I would like to tell all my...”

Written on: 18/07/2008 by rohit sah (1 review written)

I like this book a lot. I would like to tell all my friends to read such a nice book and understand the concept of all the views for man and woman. I belive that god has made only two differance in human i.e man and woman :- which is nicely given and explained in the book… Read Full Review

Allan Pease, Barbara Pease, Why Men Don't Listen & Women Can't Read Maps

“Excellent. Husband and wife to read. Easy read....”

Written on: 15/05/2008

Excellent. Husband and wife to read. Easy read. Definitely highlights obvious differences between men and woman and explains reasons why… Read Full Review

Allan Pease, Barbara Pease, Why Men Don't Listen & Women Can't Read Maps

“It's a very good book to read. You would think it...”

Written on: 16/03/2008

It's a very good book to read. You would think it would be about how guys are better than girls but it's more about how both brains are different. Excellent read!… Read Full Review

Allan Pease, Barbara Pease, Why Men Don't Listen & Women Can't Read Maps

“A handy book any guy or girl should read. They say...”

Written on: 10/02/2008

A handy book any guy or girl should read. They say falling in love is easy. But staying in love is hard. I think this book helps you with the hard part… Read Full Review

Allan Pease, Barbara Pease, Why Men Don't Listen & Women Can't Read Maps

“Easy language, easy reading. Perhaps a too...”

Written on: 24/01/2008

Easy language, easy reading. Perhaps a too sophisticated explanation of everything that happens in the male & female brains but overall a good book… Read Full Review

Allan Pease, Barbara Pease, Why Men Don't Listen & Women Can't Read Maps

“Why Men Don't Listen & Women Can't Read Maps is a...”

Written on: 31/05/2007 by rheajasmine (1 review written)

Why Men Don't Listen & Women Can't Read Maps is a great book. It enlightens things I don't understand specially with my relationship right now. I better understand why men don't listen.. Its not their fault its just how they were developed… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆
Allan Pease, Barbara Pease, Why Men Don't Listen & Women Can't Read Maps

“Why Men Don't & Women Can't is an infuriating read...”

Written on: 25/01/2007 by edblack (1 review written)

Why Men Don't & Women Can't is an infuriating read that gives one the impression society hasn't moved on much since The First World War. And judging by the sales of this Number 1 Bestseller, it clearly hasn't… Read Full Review

Allan Pease, Barbara Pease, Why Men Don't Listen & Women Can't Read Maps

“Clearly the notion of the book will strike a chord...”

Written on: 16/12/2006 by jonnyjazz (1 review written)

Clearly the notion of the book will strike a chord with a general public, drawn to the bright lights of 21st century 'evidence' of how everything we experience is inherent in our brains and everything about us is genetic, however the book serves to totally reject the social impacts and hence has a strongly biased, stereotyping and generalized definition of gender, from which the entire pathos of the book derives. If you are devoutly allied to the former in the Nature vs Nurture debate, you may… Read Full Review

Allan Pease, Barbara Pease, Why Men Don't Listen & Women Can't Read Maps

“I'd recommend the Allan Pease, Barbara Pease, Why Men...”

Written on: 28/03/2006 by Penaf (1 review written)

I'd recommend the Allan Pease, Barbara Pease, Why Men Don't Listen & Women Can't Read Maps book, as it brings understanding to men about women and vice-versa. I found it useful myself, and I became more tolerant toward some of my girlfriend's behaviour… Read Full Review

Allan Pease, Barbara Pease, Why Men Don't Listen & Women Can't Read Maps

“Allan Pease, Barbara Pease, Why Men Don't Listen &...”

Written on: 16/02/2005 by littlemissdrunk (44 reviews written)

Allan Pease, Barbara Pease, Why Men Don't Listen & Women Can't Read Maps - This witty and entertaining book gives you an informed read to help you understand your own and your partner's behaviour. It isn't a dull relationship book, just an easy read that will give you endless hours of conversation!… Read Full Review

Written on: 02/04/2005

Please, read scientific data from factual sources and compare what that tells you and what this book tells you. It is not hard to find the scources on the web, however you may be upset to find sources unanimously state that MEN score on average 4 points higher on IQ tests than WOMEN and you will also find a lot of other INTERESTING information. Enjoy searching, these facts are everywhere, you just need to look.

Written on: 07/04/2005

Thankyou. It did work me up a little too much. Perhaps that was the aim.
<br>
<br>(not sure if I have ever seen a book review turn into a forum!) :P

Pixieofdoom's Response to littlemissdrunk's Review

Written on: 07/04/2005

OK, I see your point. But I think you're taking it a little too seriously. It's not real science, I seriously don't think it's intended to be. It's simply meant to make the sad Bridget Joneses of the world feel a little bit better, and to provide amusing dinner party repartee. That's all really. If it weren't this book, you'd be hearing about The Rules or Men are From Mars, Women are From Venus, etc. It does seem a bit wrong that in order to overcompensate for centuries of demeaning women our society has suddenly deemed it ok to start man-bashing in order to even things out, but I would have thought that intelligent people would know how to separate fact from hyperbole and would, as a result, take this book with a grain of salt.

Written on: 05/04/2005

Now you are talking like a man! Well that is the way this book portrays men when they use their vocabulary to condescend the other. I myself have studied music at university and my main focus was performance (violin), so I have a little knowledge of the arts. Have you listened to Mozart’s piano concerto no.20 in D minor K466? I recommend it. However, back on topic, I believe you have been misguided by my comments. Have you actually read this book? If so, you will notice the abundant use of “Scientists now know” or “Statistics prove” etc… I just found this amusing, when they did not state references.
<br>
<br>Please, if you took the book seriously, then you can take me seriously. If however you take the book with a “bowl” full of salt, then I know, you will look at my comments and draw the correct conclusions as to my aim.
<br>
<br>I have a wife. I lover her, and respect her. She is far better at dealing with certain tasks, as am I with others. She is also a teacher, and knows far too well, the damages this type of book can do. YES, it can do damage. Do you want men to feel worthless? Do you want men to feel stupid? Do you want men to feel Lacking or otherwise? I know that I do not want my son to feel this way. And, seeing that you are an intelligent person yourself, I am sure you don’t want the men in your life feeling the same. This book and others like it hurt people. Please, when you read it, put yourself in the shoes of men. I know when I read it, I found I was humiliated. So, I looked up statistics. Read articles in science journals. Etc… I found that a lot of what they said was totally fictitious.
<br>
<br>All I ask is for people to follow up what they read. I for one am sick of hearing FACT sprouted from this book over the dinner table.

Pixieofdoom's Response to littlemissdrunk's Review

Written on: 05/04/2005

It's always nice to see someone making full use of their university education by taking what they think they've learnt and making use of it in an entirely inappropriate manner. The book in question is not meant to be a definitive scientific study of gender difference and biological research. It's a self-help book designed to offer tips and pointers to couples.
<br>
<br>The reviewer referred to your poor spelling and grammar merely to point out that although you were trying to disparage her opinion in an extremely condescending manner you yourself are not above reproach for your own lack of learning.
<br>
<br>I always find it unfortunate that scientists can be so narrow-minded and attached to their facts and their studies where those of us with doctorates in the arts long ago came to understand that a study is only as good as the conditions in which it is conducted, that all research is political in nature and influenced by its surroundings and is, therefore, fallible (see works by both Kuhn and Foucault) so your pronouncements about the relative IQ's of men and women are, essentially, subjective and not worth the paper on which they are written.

Written on: 04/04/2005

Hmmm, you assume I am male with your “hmmm”. I am an undergraduate science student, majoring in software engineering, we often miss-type words. But I did enjoy your comment which overlooked my statements and directed your frustration at me. Ah, you must have found some information while searching that made you feel angst toward me. I came across this link this mourning, so here you go, remember, this is just the tip of the ice burg. Check universities too!
<br>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IQ_test

Smelly Kelly's Response to littlemissdrunk's Review

Written on: 04/04/2005

Mmmmmm, men have a higher IQ hey? Well I'd just to point out that "scources" is actually spelt sources! Suggest you spell check before posting such comments!