LG WM2032HW Reviews

LG WM2032HW - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for LG WM2032HW

LG WM2032HW
LG WM2032HW

“Trash LG washing machine, no parts available.”

Written on: 13/11/2013

I have a LG WM2032HW washing machine, it was a decent machine. However, lately, the main board failed. I've searched online and found it was discontinued part. I've called LG customer support, was referred to *their* parts dealer. All said the part was discontinued. LG's CS tried to BS by saying it's on back ordering, but don't know when. LG is cheap in term of prices, compare to other companies. However, with my experience, it seems LG as a hit or miss. I have to trash my LG washer machine… Read Full Review

“Horrible!!!!!”

Written on: 21/02/2013 by Carrieep (1 review written)

Replaced the motherboard 2 times now it is out again. Clothes don't get clean. Terrible terrible machine. I will never buy an LG or a front loader again!!!… Read Full Review

Kimmer54's Response to Carrieep's Review

Written on: 15/07/2013

i have had problems with the motor as well as the washing machine stinks as the front loader holds hold around the plastic part which seals the door. LG is difficult when you need repairs, as no one can repair an LG product unless they are associated with LG as LG does not give out their parts. I would not buy an LG again

“HORRIBLE!!!!!”

Written on: 08/06/2012

What a piece of s--t LG should be embarrassed. Constant LE errors and then machine started on fire. Circulation and drain pump were replaced. Nothing but a horrible experience the whole time we owned the machine. Will definitely never buy an LG product again… Read Full Review

“Seven years is not enough of a return for my investment!”

Written on: 23/04/2012

Bearings went out after 7 years use. Even with daily use for family of six, the cost of repairing the machine is too excessive for the age of the machine. Time to purchase a new machine, now to determine which brand will be getting my investment dollars. The top loaders were easier and cheaper to repair when belts needed replaced. … Read Full Review

“trouble LE error code in wm2032hw”

Written on: 19/07/2011

I bought the lg wm2032hw in 2004, and it worked fine until one year ago. The LE error code appeared. I learned to turn the breaker off, reset the machine. Then it worked for 3 to 4 washes. But then the code reappeard. I went on the blogs to try to repair it. I was already using HE detergent, I reduced to 1 table spoon of soap, I washed the washer regularly with just hot water( the sanitary cycle) and nothing worked. I decided to call a reparator from SEARS. They asked me which part I… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 03/05/2012

Yep, had same issue. Replaced Hall Effect Sensor myself first for $18 USD, did not fix problem. Then, replaced main board - $144 USD - works perfectly!!

“Piece of junk. Cost $1400 (in 2004). Worked great for...”

Written on: 09/05/2011

Piece of junk. Cost $1400 (in 2004). Worked great for a couple years. We haven't had the mold issue, but the "hall sensor" has failed twice. Sometimes, you can get the machine working again by unplugging it for 30 minutes to 2 days... sometimes, you have to replace the sensor.
NO ONE WILL WORK ON THESE. They are such pieces of junk, not even A&E Factory Service (contractors for all major appliances) will work on them.
On top of being unreliable, the finish (baked on enamel - NOT) is peeling on… Read Full Review

“We have a LG WM20032HW Washer, we have had it 5 years...”

Written on: 22/01/2011

We have a LG WM20032HW Washer, we have had it 5 years the first two years were fine then the circut board went and now the bearings went they said they can not fix it.Nice washer if you only plan on owning it 5 years.Oh and buy the way we also bought the dryer and the heating element went on that the first year we had it.I will never buy any LG product again… Read Full Review

“Although this machine is large, modern and pretty, we...”

Written on: 15/12/2010

Although this machine is large, modern and pretty, we are very disappointed with its performance. Not sure if we got a lemon, but I have never had so many repairs on one appliance in my life. This machine constantly breaks and te parts take forever to arrive. We are thoroughly frustrated… Read Full Review

“parts took 2 weeks 2 get from factory , for a circuit...”

Written on: 20/07/2010

parts took 2 weeks 2 get from factory , for a circuit board after 2 years.
Now the bearings are out - it's going to the recycler after 5 years- what a waste.
Mold is unacceptable. There is a class action suit against LG for the mold.

LG- never , ever , ever

Jmcwatchdog's Comment

Written on: 22/03/2012

Over soaping your machine was the cause of your problem. Only 2 tablespoons of HE soap is needed.
Too many suds cause excessive drag on the hi torque direct drive motor. Mold issue comes from residuals from over soaping. rule of thumb all front loaders, if you see lots of suds in washer window your using too much.

“Washing machine ok when working ,but cannot get...”

Written on: 22/06/2010

Washing machine ok when working ,but cannot get assistance when things go wrong either by email or phone.All aspects of customer service are very poor from not being able to get through on phone to being asked eventually to provide proof of purchase before anyone will deal with query.Upon doing this,no one rings back.Try to report fault online,choose the model no from their drop down menu and then advised that report cannot proceed as model no does not exist.They are more than happy to sell… Read Full Review

“We've had this product for a few years and it seemed...”

Written on: 05/04/2010

We've had this product for a few years and it seemed to be working fine. We also had a problem with stinky towels, that seems to be ubiquitous. I also have another problem that I don't see in other reviews. My daughter washes all of her clothes in cold water, she began noticing that her clothes were shrinking. We monitored the water for the Cold/Cold cycle and sure enough after about 15 seconds of cold water the water became hot. We have to pour cold water into the machine in order to… Read Full Review

Written on: 14/05/2010

Most modern washing machines are,sadly,cold fill these days but some LG`s are still hot and cold fill,ie 2 valves at the rear of the machine-Based on what you`ve written-if you set your machine on cold wash only and open the soap draw and stick your fingers in is the water hot or cold as it comes into the machine as it fills?If hot ,you`ve got the the inlet pipes the wrong way round,ie you`ve got the hot water supply connected to the cold fill valve,and the cold water pipe connected to the hot valve,so you should find that after you`ve finished the whole cycle the clothes are spun but feel warm/hottish whereas they should be stone cold if removed soon after the whole cycle is finished-matbe a good idea to check the pipes-don`t rely on the colour of the pipes either as it is what goes through them that matters,to double check,if you stick your machine on rinses it should fill up with cold water.Hope this helps if you`ve got hot and cold fill valves on this model.

Yheitman's Comment

Written on: 17/03/2013

We have the same problem as the original poster. My younger daughter, who washes all her clothes in cold water, was accusing me of shrinking her clothes in the dryer after she had hung them on a drying rack. Then I noticed that my nursing uniform scrub tops, were fading after one or two washes. I monitored the cold/cold cycle by sticking my finger in the water as the machine was filling and the water was boiling hot. It stayed boiling hot throughout the wash and rinse cycles. We turned the hoses around and when we put the machine on cold/cold, no water would flow at all so NO it is not a problem with the hoses being on wrong. The machine just does not pull cold water on the cold/cold cycle. We replaced the water mixers and the thermistor and neither one fixed the problem.

We also have the problem with the stinky towels even though I have never left clothes in the washer overnight and dry clothes right away. Clothes just don't seem to get clean in these front loaders and I will never buy another LG washer let alone a front loader.

Written on: 18/03/2013

Think from what you say is that one of the 4 solenoids of the cold water valve cluster has gone wrong. Did not realize yours is a USA machine.....silly me! This means that with warm rinses only the hot comes in to the machine because part of the cold valve doesn`t work on rinses when it should be letting cold in to mix= warm rinse. The same offending valve that`s gone up the creek may also be triggered to open on the wash but doesn`t because it has gone wrong.. Bit of a guess.Our machines over in England work differently..

“I have the LG WM2032HW and I have LOVED it since the...”

Written on: 01/04/2010

I have the LG WM2032HW and I have LOVED it since the day I got it. I've had it for 6 years, have 4 kids, and use it daily. I'm so shocked to see the bad reviews on this! It's been an awesome machine. I still love the thing DEARLY! Unfortunately, I think that my bearings are bad...not sure yet, but geez, after 6 years, triplets and a baby...it has been AWESOME! I would definitely buy another LG… Read Full Review

“DO NOT BUY FROM LG ”

Written on: 02/03/2010

DO NOT BUY FROM LG
Their washers are fine when thay work, but when they don't, the customer service is bad beyond belief!!!!
I have now waited three weeks for a part (which I am told by their customer department is quite normal, and they will not chase a delivery date at all until 28 working days later)
UNBELEIVABLY POOR SERVICE… Read Full Review

“We have owned our LG WM2032HW TROMM since 2003 and my...”

Written on: 12/02/2010

We have owned our LG WM2032HW TROMM since 2003 and my wife has been very happy with it. My wife has a very sensitive nose and she has never complained about odour. I can't comment on Service & Support since this machine has never had a problem that needed fixing… Read Full Review

“Machine did not last long”

Written on: 20/11/2009

Machine did not last long… Read Full Review

“Ironically, our clothes smell worse after being...”

Written on: 26/09/2009

Ironically, our clothes smell worse after being "washed" in this LG WM2032HW machine than they did prior to going in the machine. In our opinion, there should be a factory recall or class action law suit because of how poorly this product performs. We regularly experience error messages for no apparent reason, and the mildew smell, especially on towels, is horrendous. The time that it takes to do one load of laundry is at least double that of using a typical top-loading machine. According… Read Full Review

Written on: 14/05/2010

You are not alone with this bad smell problem with modern washing machines,you are sadly ,like most people,attacking the wrong target as it is not the machines fault,i`ll explain,because liquid and low temp biological powers do not have a bleach content and washing at 30/40 degrees is now the norm for practically everthing ,dirt builds up on the bearing spider assembly and the tank (tub) and a fungus,which looks a little like a jelly mould,builds up and the bacteria,which is the cause of the smell,multiply.I suggest you buy a proper chemical washing machine cleaner-comes in a box of 10 for under 12 quid,read the intructions,and use the stuff once a month,and check your filter for debris which will no-doubt end up in the pump filter.In the old days back in the early 1980`s and before this smell problem was fairly rare,MAINLY BECAUSE THE WATER LEVELS WERE MUCH HIGHER WHICH IS GOOD,NOT BAD.The only way you could critize the modern machines is that they are mostly cold fill and wash and rinse in low levels of water-this is not good and i would agree but this is a reflection to the soap powder industry,ie low temp powder or even worse liquid detergent (ye old washer killer!!),and above all the types of modern fabrics demanding low temp washing,and above all the crazy eco friendly movement in this regard.High temp useage,with a decent amount of water used to kill the bacteria before it even got the chance to surface as a problem,whether in soft or hard`ish water areas,i`ll agree this is not the case any longer for the reasons just listed previously.Basically boils (excuse the pun!)down to the mechanics and structure,type of materials used haven`t changed for decades BUT everything else surrounding washing machine useage has-this is a simplified account,but fair.If a manufacturer built a machine that used the same amount of water a 1970`s machine used,made it hot and cold fill(there are some technical vageries surrounding this-in what way it is done which is to long and complicated to go into here)they would recieve an energy rating of D whereas everyone elses would be A orAAA-who would buy it?Even though it would be a better machine!!-Not the manufactures fault this as this is a seperate industry forcing the manufactures to produce what YOU the consumer has be cojoled into believing to be the way ahead,perhaps it is!But not without the problems of smelly machines.

“I have never completed a review on any product so...”

Written on: 18/07/2009

I have never completed a review on any product so doing this review goes to show my level of disappointment.
For $2500 from a reputable firm the LG WM2032HW should have lasted more than 5 yrs - also service and support has been very poor - it will take about 10 days to get the parts in and judging by these other reviews the problems are the same. Early failure on the circuit boards, sensors etc, musty smell especially in towels etc etc. Ironcially I am told LG is one of the better ones!… Read Full Review

“Washing machine is just 5 years old. ”

Written on: 16/07/2009

Washing machine is just 5 years old.
Repair said that "board" and motor both shot.
Will cost me over 500.00 to repair.
Am throwing it out, before I put that into it.
Maytag for me!!!
Piece of junk, will NEVER buy an LG product again… Read Full Review

Written on: 13/10/2010

Maytag is even worse in the pcboard area at going wrong and just as bad in the smelling department!

“Liked, but didn't love, the LG WM2032HW machine for...”

Written on: 24/05/2009

Liked, but didn't love, the LG WM2032HW machine for the last couple of years. I use the "sanitize" setting more often thinking that it was my towels that had a smell...but now that I have read this site I guess it may be the machine that is smelly. I had small amount of water under the front door but it just became a larger puddle over the last few days and the repair man wants $300 to fix the hose on the bottom of machine. It looks like something sharp went through the wash (what?with 2… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“Clothes we washed with this LG WM2032HW smell like...”

Written on: 10/11/2008

Clothes we washed with this LG WM2032HW smell like they were not cleaned. There seems to be some place within the machine that catches water - as the water exiting the machine reeks to the point of us having installed a fan and opening the windows. We have taken the machine apart, to no avail - the smell is still there and the clothes still smell bad - will never purchase an LG product again… Read Full Review