Dell Axim X5 Reviews

Manufacturer: Dell
Features:
  • 400 MHz Intel XScale Processor, 64 MB of RAM, and 48 MB ROM
  • Brilliant 3.5" high-resolution transflective 65,000 color display
  • Integrated CompactFlash Type II and Secure Digital/MultiMediaCard slots to add storage or wireless communication cards
  • Built-in microphone, speaker, and stereo headphone connector
  • What's in the box: Axim X5, Stylus, Sync cradle, AC Adapter, 1440 mAh Lithium-Ion battery
  • Refine your search

Dell Axim X5

“I use mine in dusty dirty conditions and it has never...”

Written on: 18/11/2007 by jcparker (1 review written)

I use mine in dusty dirty conditions and it has never let me down… Read Full Review

Dell Axim X5

“Very impressed with the Dell Axim X5 Advanced, when...”

Written on: 07/09/2003 by njauncey (2 reviews written)

Very impressed with the Dell Axim X5 Advanced, when compared to the iPaq's, as it has many of the features but at such a good price (£245 ~ 07-Sept-2003).
    I will also point out that they now sell one with a WiFi CF card for about £290… Read Full Review

Dell Axim X5

“I've recently aquired this Dell Axim X5 Advanced as a...”

Written on: 04/09/2003 by tc63 (1 review written)

I've recently aquired this Dell Axim X5 Advanced as a replacement for my aging Palm IIIx. What a difference. This is now one of life's essentials. I use it for all my appointments and when out and about I can write memo's in Word, use my spreadsheets in Excel, read my e-mail.... oh and be entertained by listening to my MP3's and playing astonishingly good games. Even better value if you buy Dell,s Axim bundle.
    Thoroughly recommend it, but be careful when you order: Dell charged me for delivery… Read Full Review

Dell Axim X5

“Bought this neat little toy as a personal christmas...”

Written on: 24/12/2002 by aphexian. (1 review written)

Bought this neat little toy as a personal christmas present for myself (selfish aren't I?) Overall I'm pleasantly suprised by how useful a little Pocket PC can be. I also own several older clamshell handheld PCs (HP, Casio, Sharp) and I find myself using the Dell more and more because of its ease of portability, and no longer having a keyboard is a fine trade off now that the unit is actually pocket sized. Its also a capable MP3 player for those out there who dislike the RIAA and do things… Read Full Review

76011_Chris.'s Response to 60053_aphexian.'s Review

Written on: 27/02/2003

Rather helpful for some finer points to consider when buying. The wife and I each bought the 400 Model Dell Axim X5 and wanted to find some reviews considering we weren't about to let the deal go since the price was right. Good take on your purchase.

Tmfarid's Response to 60053_aphexian.'s Review

Written on: 13/12/2003

Dell Axim is known for its big size, not the small at all, and certainly not a pocket sized device. It's 1" longer than my NEC Mobile pro P300 and the iPaq s, and I find this 1" VERY important when it comes my pocket. The exposed CF-II slot is another draw back; when you put it in your pocket, it's mostly going to pick a lot of things like coins, strings, wool threads, and so...