Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Reviews

Resolution 8
Optical Zoom 5
Battery Type Rechargeable

Features:
  • 8-megapixel sensor captures enough detail to create photo-quality 16-by-22-inch enlargements
  • 5x optical zoom combines with 3x digital zoom for 15x total zoom
  • Movie mode with audio; PictBridge enabled; 1.8-inch articulated LCD display
  • Store images on xD or Compact Flash memory cards
  • Powered by lithium ion battery (included with charger)
  • Refine your search

Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom

“I've had my C8080 for nearly three years, and have had...”

Written on: 08/08/2007 by paulbrenda (1 review written)

I've had my C8080 for nearly three years, and have had three of Fuji's top end bridge cameras in that period, but keep going back to the faithful Olympus. You only have to hold the camera to know it's quality, it feels good in the hand, so well balanced and solidly constructed. The manual functions give you all the control you could wish for, and the auto operation is there to back you up when speed is foremost.
    I will probably always stay with this camera as my prime, reliable work horse… Read Full Review

Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom

“Overall, the Olympus C-8080 is easy and a joy to work...”

Written on: 18/03/2007 by panda1 (27 reviews written)

Overall, the Olympus C-8080 is easy and a joy to work with… Read Full Review

Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom

“The Olympus C-8080 digital camera is the best non...”

Written on: 03/06/2006 by john nicolson (1 review written)

The Olympus C-8080 digital camera is the best non D-SLR on the market! The lens is excellent, and it has great batter life. It is also great for use underwater.

Check out http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j62/johnnicolson/ - Great photo's!… Read Full Review

Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom

“Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom - I have been using this...”

Written on: 23/07/2005 by whitefalcon (4 reviews written)

Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom - I have been using this camera for over a year. I have had some wonderful images come from it. It is eight megapixels and when I used to work in wide format I was able to print some of my images up to 36 inches wide. Those were images that were shot in Tiff mode not compressed.
    For the most part I have been very happy with this camera.
    It comes with a battery charger and the camera itself. What it does not have is a cover. I would recommend buying a camera bag if you… Read Full Review

Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom

“I've had my camera for almost a year now, and I must...”

Written on: 25/06/2005 by Truttakungen (7 reviews written)

I've had my camera for almost a year now, and I must say that this is the best digital non SLR that I've tried.
    The liberty of having access to manual settings in this degree is awesome..
    If you fail using this camera, you haven't read the manual properly in my opinion.
    The only complaint that I have, is that sometimes the autofocus fails when using the camera in low light. And I would preffer a tiny bit more zoom... Otherwise it works perfectly. I have done a lot of photojobs for magazines… Read Full Review

Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom

“Despite the three white pixels and surprisingly loose...”

Written on: 12/08/2004 by fivish (5 reviews written)

Despite the three white pixels and surprisingly loose lens barrel the Olympus C-8080WZ is a magnificent beast.
    I bought this to replace my ten year old Nikon F601 + 35-70 + 70-210. Prior to this I had a Nikon FT2 and a Nikon F301 so I have been used to top notch quality for over 30 years.
    I am very pleased with the results, they are comparable with 35mm at least up to A4. I don't know yet about 30x20's which from 200asa 35mm film have proved entirely acceptable. I think I will have to manually… Read Full Review

Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom

“I purchased the C8080 as a second camera. I chose this...”

Written on: 16/07/2004 by gkelly (1 review written)

I purchased the C8080 as a second camera. I chose this camera over the latest digital SLRs, as it offers a good all in one package for a lot less than the price of an SLR system. The camera feels moulded to my hand, all functions are close to hand and the menu system is simple and well thought out. Start up is the fastest I have ever seen, you can turn on and be ready to shoot in under a second! It really is a stunning camera, it can be used as point and shoot or allows you to get creative with… Read Full Review

Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom

“I bought this Olympus C-8080WZ digital camera to...”

Written on: 21/06/2004 by REByers (2 reviews written)

I bought this Olympus C-8080WZ digital camera to replace my Canon S40 Powershot and to move up a gear in my photography (plus my daughter has started eventing horses seriously). So I needed a camera with a reasonable zoom, quick response and a good image in, mainly, outdoor conditions.

I had the good fortune of being able to play with a friends Canon D10, a few days before. I decided that as much as I liked the Digital SLR route, the all in 1 camera was (for now) for me.

I compared the 8080… Read Full Review